Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
BV to Texas Tech??
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

BV to Texas Tech??

Nov 26, 2018, 1:53 PM

Haven't seen this on Tnet yet, sorry if germans

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/25384931/brent-venables-clemson-tigers-not-actively-pursuing-texas-tech-red-raiders-head-coaching-job

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not happening.

Nov 26, 2018, 1:54 PM

His son is in his first year at Clemson...

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

63-17

Re: Not happening.

Nov 26, 2018, 2:00 PM

While I would love to hire a good friend. I wouldn't want to be in a position of having to fire a good friend either.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: BV to Texas Tech??

Nov 26, 2018, 1:55 PM

Why even post such crap

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Work Hard, Do Your Best, Keep Your Word, Never Get Too Big For Your Britches, Trust In God, Have no fear and Never Forget a Friend ~ Harry S. Truman

He just said

Nov 26, 2018, 1:57 PM

“Just so people understand I love where I am at right now, my son Jake is here, and he is chasing his dream. I sold this dream to him. My responsibility as a dad is to support him for as long as he wants to chase his dreams. Who am I to be a hypocrite regardless of what opportunities are out there? That is how I look at it.”

Think he pretty much answers the question in the article

Nov 26, 2018, 1:58 PM

The money would be a step up

Nov 26, 2018, 2:17 PM

Kingsbury was making about $5 mil/year.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

True but in the end it's still Texas Tech

Nov 26, 2018, 2:26 PM

Nov 26, 2018, 2:00 PM

LOL BV to TT? and the headline says BV not seeking TT HC job, I swear some of the people on here are a real piece of work.

only reason this has got an traction

Nov 26, 2018, 2:01 PM

is the fact that BV and Kirby Hocutt, TTU's AD, were roommates in college at KState

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^^ THIS ^^^^

Nov 26, 2018, 2:04 PM

BV isn't going anywhere.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: ^^^^ THIS ^^^^

Nov 26, 2018, 2:23 PM

Absolutely agree, BV is really happy here and now with Jake here. It’s every fathers dream situation. I’d go out on a limb and say at least 5 more years if things stay the way there are. Love this coaching staff, 5 in a row baby!!! We are all so lucky to have these guys. Go Tigers!!!

Re: ^^^^ THIS ^^^^

Nov 26, 2018, 2:26 PM [ in reply to ^^^^ THIS ^^^^ ]

People from west Texas love Lubbock.......and that is the end of the list of people that love Lubbock (OK, so maybe people from eastern New Mexico too). I’d actually pay money to see the look on Mrs V’s face, while Coach explained he wants her to leave beautiful wesrtern SC and move to the moonscape of Lubbock. That look would keep us laughing for a lifetime.

I've been to Lubbock...

Nov 26, 2018, 2:29 PM

and it was actually worse than your description.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: I've been to Lubbock...

Nov 26, 2018, 2:34 PM

I’m there all the time. I should take pictures. People that haven’t been there can’t adequately imagine the desolation.

Seems to be a no go***

Nov 26, 2018, 2:26 PM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Nov 26, 2018, 2:49 PM

BV HAS DECLINED TODAY!

Nov 26, 2018, 2:53 PM

"Clemson has made a second major statement this year about how much they want to hold onto defensive coordinator Brent Venables. After upping his salary to $2 million a year in February, the school extended the deal to five seasons through 2022 and added retention bonuses that make the package worth $11.6 million.Jul 19, 2018"

IF Coach Venables took the Texas Tech job at 6mil./yr, and got a 5 yr. contract w/raises each yr., he would have a min. of 30 million plus at the end of 5 yrs. vs. 11 million in 5 yrs. at CU. That's leaving 20 plus mil. on the table. He also owes it to his family to earn as much as possible. I hope he stays, but we all know sometimes you strike while the iron is hot and you are a hot commodity. Money talks and BS walks. Many coaches have sworn that they are going no where, but while saying that they are packing their bags. Don't be too dissmissive of 20 million dollars, esp. since it is not yours.

If I was Venables, I'd take the 30 million plus. Maybe he values the relationship w/his son on the team more than the 20 mil. If so, good for him. Hopefully he will still be a hot commodity 4 yrs. from now. But only if Clemson is still at the top.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2013_nascar_champ.gif2014_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 28, 2018, 1:46 PM

https://twitter.com/AJ_DonWilliams/status/1067849342919352322

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic