Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
BC won't be an easy win
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

BC won't be an easy win

Nov 5, 2018, 6:46 PM

I've been saying it since the season began that Boston College will be our toughest opponent. It's simply a game we cannot drop. We cannot afford to lose this one at all. Otherwise, we won't be playing for championships. BC will not lose another game if they win against us. We need to ensure that we are ready to dominate.

They're strong and deep in the trenches and have a great secondary. They also feature a Heisman style RB on offense who is very speedy on the boundary if he gets to the outside. We need to play hungry and be careful not to over pursue the QB every play. A contain defense would be most suitable.

Here's what I think will happen:

1st Quarter will be low scoring for the Tigers. Our defense will keep it scoreless for BC. The question will be whether or not our offense can extend drives to keep our defense fresh. We shouldn't fall into the trap of playing tempo unless we're in a rhythm.

2nd Quarter will produce a few more touchdowns for the Tigers to give us a comfortable lead. BC will probably score on a busted coverage play and maybe a field goal.

3rd Quarter will reflect the halftime adjustments. Steve Addazio is a halftime adjustment genius and that's why he's been able to hang around with Clemson in many games. Several times we've been lucky to escape with a win at BC. We've been in 3 shootouts with them since 2011. Should we contain them in the 3rd Qtr, we won't have to worry about 4th Qtr as much.

4th Quarter will start to show our depth across the board. With fresh legs entering the game on offense, we should be able to pull away against the heavily vaunted BC defense. I will say this much, our offensive line will be the difference in this game. We need everyone healthy and ready to play some smash mouth football.

Score Prediction: 41-20 (THE SCORE WILL NOT REFLECT THE GAME AT ALL)

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller
Lt.General United States Marine Corps

Re: BC won't be an easy win

Nov 5, 2018, 6:52 PM

While I may agree, if it is not we have no shot against Bama. They had no problem with LSU remember.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 5, 2018, 9:06 PM

F bama dang I’m sick of hearing that s hit

Nov 5, 2018, 10:21 PM

I am too if for no other reason than we have to get there first and plenty of time to pick it apart at that time.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 5, 2018, 6:54 PM

yes it will lol

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The General has spoken!

Nov 5, 2018, 7:05 PM

As with all of your posts, it’s well thought out, articulate and exactly on target Go Tigers!

Nov 5, 2018, 7:06 PM

I agree it’s a very important game for sure. One we have got to win but honestly it shouldn’t be that hard. They are a good team but they are certainly not great. We are better at every position x2. And the truth is... if we can’t take care of BC pretty easily, we sure ain’t beating Bama.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 5, 2018, 8:53 PM

I agree it’s a very important game for sure. One we have got to win but honestly it shouldn’t be that hard. They are a good team but they are certainly not great. We are better at every position x2. And the truth is... if we can’t take care of BC pretty easily, we sure ain’t beating Bama.

BC fan here

I agree with much of what you wrote except for the "better at every position x2 part". at certain positions that could be true: QB is the biggest example, DT, LB are others. but HB is a clear example of where is this not true. Etienne is very talented but I would argue that a healthy Dillon is as talented if not better. Zach Allan our DE is another example where the talent gap is pretty close. I think the biggest difference is not the 1st teasers but once you get down to the 2nd/3rd teamers that's where the talent difference would be very noticeable.

Clemson should win but if I know one thing about this BC team is that they are going to play real tough, physical, and they won't quit like like some other teams. BC needs a lot of things to go right to win this game but it's the most talented team in 10 years and it's at home and the weather should be cold (30s) so you never know.

I haven’t seen enough of Dillon to say but the original poster

Nov 6, 2018, 12:50 AM

said that we are twice as good at each position. Dillon May be comparable to ETN but I would be very surprised if BC compares to Clemson At RB. We literally have a fourth stringer than is a tremendous runner. And I know there’s only one ball but there are numerous carries and I think you’ll find that rotating in four very solid running backs will make it very challenging for your defense in the fourth quarter.

Or at least that’s my hope! ;)

null

Our Defense Missed Quite A Few Key Tackles

Nov 5, 2018, 7:23 PM

In the game against Loservull, we missed too many tackles in the back field and allowed Loservull to convert on key 3rd Down situations. We cannot allow that to happen at all this Saturday. They have a RB that will burn us in open space. Tre Lamar missed 2 key tackles in the back field that would have been tackles for loss, but he tried arm tackling. We need to wrap up next time. NO ARM TACKLES... Just Gang Tackles Every Down!

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller
Lt.General United States Marine Corps

defense didn't play with their normal focus and intensity

Nov 5, 2018, 9:00 PM

They turn it on when they want to (see 2nd half Syracuse & NC State)

I think they will play awesome agaisnt BC. Also, their offense plays into our strength (run stopping). I like watching the 2nd string D because they give more effort and try to lay big hits. I know our 1s will play more nasty in the CFP.

We will roll and cover the spread by halftime.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Our Defense Missed Quite A Few Key Tackles

Nov 5, 2018, 9:09 PM [ in reply to Our Defense Missed Quite A Few Key Tackles ]

Didn’t we score 77? Didn’t they score 16? Must have missed those tackles your talking about

so you say,take the points,well I thought the points

Nov 5, 2018, 7:46 PM

were too high the last 2 weeks.man was I wrong.By the way I don't really bet other than friends

Yes it will.

Nov 5, 2018, 7:50 PM

BC is a good team, but we are a great team. It might be somewhat competitive at first, but the outcome will never be in doubt.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Nov 5, 2018, 9:01 PM

Yes it will. Tired of hearing the same thing every week. There is not a team in this conference that can play with us niw. Period.

Nov 5, 2018, 9:06 PM

Tigers by 28, no way BC runs on our 1st string D, Also Dillon isn’t gonna be 100% by game time. Tigers are in Championship mode.

Tigers win big

Nov 5, 2018, 9:12 PM

Bc is a poor man's Ohio state. Big tough and...slow. Trevor throws for 250+ 41-13 tigers

If you mean it won’t be easy

Nov 5, 2018, 9:29 PM

Because BC tries hard then sure. But it won’t be close. Look for something in the 42-7 range

Reality is with Dillon banged up

Nov 5, 2018, 10:28 PM

They won’t move the ball. Clemson really has to beat them self to drop this game

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Reality is with Dillon banged up

Nov 5, 2018, 10:42 PM

I tend to agree with that assessment but we could have a couple factors against us- namely the first game with weather and swirling wind.

If we get sloppy like we did at aTm, they can score a lot of points quickly. A muffed punt, int etc etc can change mo quick...

We’re going to need to have patience and pick our spots. Scoring chunk pass plays are great but only after we get a good lead. Ball control drives to wear their D down, keep ours fresh and keep the ball away from them.

Remember, TL has showed some freshman moments. As always, it’s won in the trenches.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I smear YOUR faCe

Nov 5, 2018, 11:05 PM

WITH MY AWESOME MUSTACHE? ..lol

IMO, the Tiger coaches have figured out what

Nov 5, 2018, 11:46 PM

it takes to win this game.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 6, 2018, 12:08 AM

"It wouldn't be any fun if they fell over with their legs in the air, would it?"
Cocktail wisdom.

BC is always big and strong up front. They know how to recruit and feed linemen.

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic