Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Austin Bryant is no selfish quitter
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

Austin Bryant is no selfish quitter

Jul 29, 2019, 1:13 AM

When Austin was injured against Louisville, he didn't quit on his team so he could get his shoulder fixed sooner and maximize his draft stock. He gutted it out and played hurt. He put the team first. He didn't go on social media after XT got some of his reps and start making veiled complaints about how the coaches did him wrong. In the short run, he likely cost himself some money. In the long run, he demonstrated a strength of character that will lead him to success in all phases of his life.

There has been way too much discussion about the quitters and whiners, and not nearly enough about guys like Austin Bryant, Adam Choice, Trevion Thompson, Sean Pollard, Chad Smith, Chase Brice, Albert Huggins , etc.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Austin Bryant is no selfish quitter

Jul 29, 2019, 1:22 AM

^^^^^^^^ "Post of this past season" without a doubt!!!^^^^^^^

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 29, 2019, 1:41 AM

I'm with Fred!

Jul 29, 2019, 5:40 AM

Well said!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ole fred don't say a lot

Jul 29, 2019, 5:57 AM

but when he does.....we listen!

Great post sir!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 29, 2019, 6:01 AM

Here ! Here !

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Shaq Lawson.***

Jul 29, 2019, 6:38 AM

Re: Shaq Lawson.***

Jul 29, 2019, 7:30 AM

I will never forget 2016. Shaq basically risked his future NFL career and said #### it......I'm playing in the Natty for my brothers, my team, yada, yada. You get the point. Shaq is the man!

Kendall Joseph***

Jul 29, 2019, 10:16 AM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Jul 29, 2019, 7:35 AM

Great post. Well said and oh so true. We really all focus on what is bad in football and never why we love the game so much. Thanks for bringing this to the front. GO TIGERS!!!!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 29, 2019, 8:03 AM

I don't like the way this was put...I'll never be upset at a player for not playing while injured or choosing themselves, their family, and their careers first. They don't Owe Clemson anything. The systems earn millions of Dollars off of their Blood sweat and tears...and while is fans cheer them on at the end of the day. We aren't paying their bills after they leave. We throw them away and move our focus on to the next new shiny toy. If a player wants to heal or needs to transfer to put his future in the best position to succeed. I say do it 100% of the time. I say this as probably one of the only people on this site with Div 1 football experience whose done more than turn their TV on Saturdays.

Re: Austin Bryant is no selfish quitter***

Jul 29, 2019, 8:50 AM

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 29, 2019, 8:52 AM [ in reply to Re: Austin Bryant is no selfish quitter ]

brrntaylor said:

I don't like the way this was put...I'll never be upset at a player for not playing while injured or choosing themselves, their family, and their careers first. They don't Owe Clemson anything. The systems earn millions of Dollars off of their Blood sweat and tears...and while is fans cheer them on at the end of the day. We aren't paying their bills after they leave. We throw them away and move our focus on to the next new shiny toy. If a player wants to heal or needs to transfer to put his future in the best position to succeed. I say do it 100% of the time. I say this as probably one of the only people on this site with Div 1 football experience whose done more than turn their TV on Saturdays.

Riding the bench at Duke or WF is not the same as DI football - to say Clemson throws their former players away is idiotic, but in reading this snowflake post - it doesn't surprise me and no one cares what you think.

you obviously never played football

Jul 29, 2019, 9:32 AM [ in reply to Re: Austin Bryant is no selfish quitter ]

Most guys are playing with different levels of injury through the season. Especially OL and DL

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 30, 2019, 10:22 AM [ in reply to Re: Austin Bryant is no selfish quitter ]

I think Fred's point was we put too much emphasis on those who look out for themselves vs those who decide to step up for their team at potentially significant personal risk. It wasn't really an indictment on either scenario, just a great comment that we need more balance in pointing out both sides of this equation. Neither is wrong but Fred eloquently reminded us that there is always more than one way to look at things.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 30, 2019, 11:12 AM [ in reply to Re: Austin Bryant is no selfish quitter ]

This guy DEFINITELY pees sitting down...

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 30, 2019, 12:14 PM [ in reply to Re: Austin Bryant is no selfish quitter ]

I don’t turn my tv to watch it at any time. It’s always facing the couch. That includes Saturdays....

Jul 29, 2019, 9:47 AM

Well Said Fred!!

(Not to be confused with 90s novelty rap, one hit wonder Right Said Fred.)

Jul 30, 2019, 7:44 AM

HOF post gets my vote!!! What fred has said is the absolute truth, and it isn't said enough about the guys that give it everything and never complained about their hardships, they just keep on keeping on without a peep from them!!! It's the Pre-Madonna's that don't deserve any loyalty from our fan base when they cry, put down members of the coaching staff and leave, especially the ones that will slap the coaches and fan base in the face on their way out by running straight to our most hated rival. It isn't coincidental that the ones that leave mad end up with the coots, it was their I'll show you plan, and it's bc there was someone better than them on the team. And it's us the fan base that is always saying that it's a disservice to the team if our coaches don't play the best players that we trust them to do!!! College FB is big business that is all about winning and not about players that get pisssed bc someone was recruited better than them. It's an important part of winning the championships that Clemson has be able to win, recruit and play the best 11 on both sides of the ball!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 30, 2019, 11:04 AM

Great post, Too much attention paid to entitled whiners

Jul 30, 2019, 12:27 PM

Right said Fred,
you're too sexy for this site!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 30, 2019, 12:27 PM

All those guys where “All In”..........the same can not be said about those guys that are transferring out .......Go Tigers!!!!!

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic