Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Attending my first vs GT, I have a few questions
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

Attending my first vs GT, I have a few questions

Jun 17, 2019, 5:18 AM

First question is what to do about tickets. Not sure which direction to go for a family of four. Will Clemson be selling tickets to the general public? Should I do stubhub? Will prices come down on the ticket exchange? I am not looking to spend a fortune since it will cost me enough just to get there. Any help from the pros would be appreciated.

Second is parking. We are staying at the Comfort Inn. Is it feasible to walk from the hotel? It appears that gameday traffic would be a nightmare.

Any tips from the regulars is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Attending my first vs GT, I have a few questions

Jun 17, 2019, 5:38 AM

If you're looking for inexpensive you've got no chance ... unless money is no object .
With myself and most people who love Clemson football it has become a necessary evil to just go along with the wallet drain and try to forget about it and enjoy the experience .

Yes you can walk from the Comfort Inn to Death Valley... but on August 29th in the late afternoon ? You'll need hydration and towels .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jun 17, 2019, 6:23 AM

Good place to check is the tiger net marketplace. https://www.tigernet.com/clemson-football-tickets

Or Click on the tickets tab at the top of tigernet.com. People post tickets for sale. Parking passes as well. I’ve had good success before. There is general public parking for $25. Pay in advance by going to https://www.clemson.edu/campus-life/parking/football-parking.html

Make sure you have the right game selected and your license plate #.

Hope this helps. Go Tigers!

Nate

Jun 17, 2019, 6:54 AM

Congratulations on your first game and your first post. Definitely don’t want to walk from the inn.

Keep checking back in on this post. There’s plenty of people that will help you and point you in the right direction... just ignore the other noise.

Don’t know your situation and whether you’re talking kids, what age etc- not sure if you can still get tickets on the hill, but for a first ever game experience and for children, you can’t beat The Hill Experience!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 17, 2019, 7:15 AM

The Hill is fun, but your feet get pretty tired from having to stand at an angle all day. It's great for young kids though as it gives them a certain amount of wander room.

Jun 17, 2019, 11:02 AM

Excuse me, Grover, but is your last name Ealy ?

Jun 18, 2019, 8:54 AM

No sir. Grover is not my actual name. :)

Jun 17, 2019, 7:13 AM

I have lots of advice for buying tickets for a Saturday game, but a Thursday night game is a total crapshoot. They're so rare at Clemson that it's really hard to say what's going to be available. There are lots of people like myself who want to go (I rarely miss a home game against GT) but Thursday nights are really difficult to make, especially for those of us on the other side of the state.

If Clemson makes tickets available to the public, which is not guaranteed, they'll all be nosebleed seats. I would not recommend this option unless you have an extremely low tolerance for risk and just want the tickets in-hand at a known price.

If you have a low tolerance for risk, there are 3 options I recommend in order:

1) Stubhub: you pay a premium (so does the seller, which tends to jack up the price), but you can take your time selecting the seats and you don't have to haggle. I do most of my buying and selling on stubhub these days. You can monitor ticket prices right up until a few days before the game, and you'll start to notice an upwards or downwards trend.

2) find a Clemson ticket marketplace on facebook. I've had good success with this option.

3) buy tickets here on Tigernet under the Tickets section (make sure it's a user who's been here for a while) or on stubhub. I've never been scammed on Tigernet, but there's a certain level of trust/risk you assume when purchasing here. Also the market is volatile, as people can entertain multiple offers simultaneously and play them off each other, then yank an offer just as soon as they've made it (this is especially true with parking passes). The volatility is the only reason Tigernet's my 3rd option.

If you have a high tolerance for risk, you can wait and buy them outside of the stadium. The wild card here is Thursday night...it's really hard to predict supply and demand. You could probably find 4 tickets, but there's no telling how much you'll pay for them. It could be $20 apiece, it could be $300. Avoid scalpers if you can, but sometimes they're the only way to get 4 seats together. The closer to kickoff you wait, the better your prices will be as people start to get nervous about offloading their spares.

Parking: Gameday traffic is better than it used to be, but you still want to get to campus several hours in advance. For this game I'd recommend somewhere between noon and 2pm. Again, Thursday night throws all the traditional expectations out the window. If you use general public parking you're going to walk a lot (over a mile). You *can* walk from the Comfort Inn, but it's about 2 miles and one large hill. I would not recommend if you have young children, but it's not a bad walk in general. The other thing you should consider is that you'll be walking back after midnight. It's not unsafe per se--I'm pretty sure there are sidewalks the entire way--but it may be exhausting. OTOH getting back to your hotel in a car will also take at *least* half an hour if not more.

If you're going to buy a parking pass, my recommendation is the same as above: stubhub, facebook, and Tigernet in that order. Check the maps and find yourself an on-campus parking pass. I would not purchase any parking passes right now, though, as none of the season ticket holders will know their parking assignment until mid-August.

Good luck.

I would not recommend StubHub, unless you are just paranoid

Jun 17, 2019, 7:19 AM

and want to eliminate risk. It’s the easiest way, but rarely the cheapest.

We are a family of 5, and go to about 5 home games a year. With very rare exceptions (Notre Dame, Georgia), we generally get lower deck tickets at or below face value. Sometimes we get them from friends, other times we buy them outside the stadium. Face value for that game will probably be about $75, I am guessing.

As mentioned, there is a ticket exchange here, and a Clemson ticket exchange on Facebook. Best advice I can give you is to get the word out that you are looking. Curious, what is your connection to Clemson? Sounds like you live far away. Can’t possibly be an alumnus, if this will be your first game. Maybe a Parent of an incoming freshman?

On parking, I agree that you don’t want to walk. Drive at least 3-4 hours before game time, take College Avenue from 123, and you should find parking plentiful at about $40/spot. Check out downtown and the campus, then wander through the parking lots. You will have an awesome day.

Regardless of your connection or reason for visiting, we are glad you are coming, and we welcome you!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I would not recommend StubHub, unless you are just paranoid

Jun 17, 2019, 7:56 AM

We will be coming in from NJ with our two younger boys 15 and 12. Our oldest is starting his sophomore year at Clemson.

Welcome to Clemson and Good Luck with the Tickets

Jun 17, 2019, 11:03 AM

I understand that you want to have the tickets settled before traveling that far - don't blame you. It will be a big crowd and crazy traffic all around town that day, even out to the Comfort Inn. I think you will have a great time and will find the people friendly and welcoming. It's they way we roll at Clemson. There's something special here - I'm glad you're coming to experience that for yourself.

Congrats on your son's second year at Clemson, and again, WELCOME!!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 17, 2019, 7:21 AM

Beware. Ga Wreck fans are looking for tickets. Let those nerds figure it out. Their base thinks they will be an ACC contender in a short time. Break out the whupin stick on these clowns!

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 17, 2019, 8:24 AM

Another option for parking would be Y Beach (called Snow Family Lot now I believe). It's across the lake and cost around $20 - $25. There is shuttle bus service that will drop you off at Doug Kingsmore Stadium (baseball). To access, go down Hwy. 123 and turn left back onto Hwy. 93. The beauty with this option is after the game, you can go back out the same way that you came in and get back to your hotel a lot quicker than fighting all of the traffic going up 93 through town after a night game.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Get off the ticket grid...

Jun 17, 2019, 10:04 AM

outside stadium, friends, connections - much cheaper. I've been livin' off the ticket grid for about a half century. But not many can do this.

On grid, which is most advice on here - much higher, but assured, especially for family of four. Depends on what you want to pay.

I could get your family of four in for 80 $ if you met up with me, but of course you won't do that.

G'luck, you'll find a way.

T-Net’s ticket board is a great place to start.

Jun 17, 2019, 4:40 PM

Everyone I’ve bought from has been 100% legit and super nice. It’s also a good way to network and make lasting connections. I made a pretty good bond with a season ticket holder last year and should have first dibs on tix her family doesn’t use next year. They typically only go to 2 games a year, so I’m stoked!

You can get some good deals from people outside the stadium right before kickoff, but you do have to worry with some scammers. So slight risk there.

Enjoy your first game! Let’s us know how it went.

GOOOO TIGERS!!!

~JKB

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic