Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
At the College Football Hall of Fame ceremony
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

At the College Football Hall of Fame ceremony

Dec 5, 2018, 4:47 PM

And we are interviewing ESPN's Rece Davis. I was asking about Trevor Lawrence (great story coming tomorrow) and some guy at the back has no camera, no video equipment or anything has a question. Keep in mind, he's on the video stage, but has no equipment and he's stomping all over everything and shaking the stage. And he interrupts to ask about Alabama, and mid-question his phone goes off...loudly. His ringtone? Sweet Home Alabama. I know the Clemson media gets a raw deal, but it's bad everywhere.

badge-seniorwriter.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

so what was his question?***

Dec 5, 2018, 4:51 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Re: At the College Football Hall of Fame ceremony

Dec 5, 2018, 4:57 PM

Maybe he’s a spy sent by ole Nicky to get some secret information.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Paul Finebaum?***

Dec 5, 2018, 4:58 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Paul Finebaum?***

Dec 5, 2018, 9:57 PM

Don’t think Paul would “shake the stage” ... lol

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Dec 5, 2018, 5:32 PM

Did you ask him why College Football Live and College Gameday is over 50% Alabama coverage, probably 40% Oklahoma, Georgia, and Ohio State, and about 2% Clemson? I watch College a Football Live everyday and mayb 1 single 30 second segment is devoted to Clemson, if that, and easily half the show is Bama every single day. I don’t understand it and would love some answers.

Don’t be dumb

Dec 5, 2018, 5:42 PM

Same reason they show LeBron all the time. You may not want it but the majority does. They have the numbers when people watch and they know what the majority want to see so they program accordingly.

Quit whining

I'll try not to be dumb.

Dec 5, 2018, 5:59 PM

It sucks that the sports media gives all the attention to Alabama and does not leave enough time or space to cover the new and often better stories in college football than the tired BAMA/SABAN story.

Clemson/Swinney is a great story of a smaller less elite traditional power beating its way to the top of college football the right way and not going away.

Leach/Washington State is an excellent story worthy of lots of coverage.

Northwestern going to the Big10 Title Championship was a big make good story that should have had better coverage.

Notre Dame winning it's way back to the top is a great story.

Texas is a great story.

Oklahoma is a better story than Bama. New young coach, great player, small in stature, two sport star at QB is a great story.

Giving us Labron all the time is boring as hell. Giving us Bama, a story that has not changed in 10 years, is boring.

And it's not fair in the same way the mainstream media is unfair when it bashes anything and everything connected to or associated with Donald Trump, despite the fact Trump won the election, his party controls the Senate, might have a majority of the SCOTUS and is in political control of 33 states.

The media tells the story they wish to tell, not the whole story and certainly not the story a lot of people want to hear.

ESPN's slant sucks. A lot of people think this.

I wasn't whining and neither was the other guy. ESPN sucks and a couple of us said so fairly directly.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'll try not to be dumb.

Dec 5, 2018, 6:05 PM

Of course all media slants but you are seeing it from the conspiracy side of it’s all against you.

Political media on one channel is pro trump and one is against. They both made that choice because they see what their viewers want. Same reason newspapers print same stories with different headlines in certain areas because they know what sells where.

It’s all for money. A Clemson heavy show won’t do as well as an Ohio state heavy show because they will have more eyes on the screen. It’s money. Sure it sucks sometimes it’s like that but news channels and espn alike are businesses first

Dec 5, 2018, 6:24 PM [ in reply to I'll try not to be dumb. ]

I don't know if there are geographical splits in sports media, but I have to say that Clemson gets quite a bit of coverage on the west coast - or at least a lot more than you might think they would. Clemson is a "fan favorite" here as well. Since the playoff years began there's no more of this "Where is Clemson?" nonsense I used to hear all the time. The combination of the excellent sports programs - even beyond football - and the consistent Top 20 ranking in public universities has given life to Clemson that was never even thought of before.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 5, 2018, 9:56 PM

That is great!! Glad to hear it....

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Dec 5, 2018, 11:20 PM [ in reply to I'll try not to be dumb. ]

I'll try not to be dumb.......Hear! Hear Harley....My thoughts exactly about the media in out country both sporting and politically....They are all about brainwashing us......

Dec 5, 2018, 6:00 PM

Enjoyed your interview on ESPN upstate this afternoon. Nice job Mr.Hood.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 5, 2018, 6:31 PM

It is kind of in Clemson Tiger nature to quietly lurk in the shadows anyway. Then right as the opposition cast their eyes on the trophy the Tigers will pounce to steal it from them. The fun is not in the hype nor pre-game glory, the fun is in the winning. Less pre-game hype is a good thing. The higher the media puts Alabama on a pedestal, the further they will have to fall. Hopefully their players will be so consumed with reading about their greatness that they will take our Tigers too lightly.

Dec 5, 2018, 10:55 PM

Hey David are you and Dabo still on speaking terms after the "when a win feels like a loss" article?

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic