Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Arm chair observation from last night. Let me preface
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1,868

Arm chair observation from last night. Let me preface

Nov 25, 2018, 6:34 PM

this by saying I am a diehard Tiger (season tickets since 1966).

I think we have the best Defensive Coordinator in all of college football. What I have noticed the last several years is, when our defense looks like they have been taken advantage of in the first half, I do not fear. BV makes the best halftime adjustments than any coach in the nation.

Brent waits until the last five seconds to signal his alignment. Give USux credit for running a “hurry up” offense in that it did not give Brent time to make adjustments. I am sure our rival coaches have taken note.

Hope you won’t flame me, but do if you feel so to do.

The best post of the day was the post that said:

Our defense played it’s worse game in a long time.
Their offense played their their best game in a long time.
Bottom line: Our worst beat their best by three scores.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

totally agree and think BV is tops in all categories

Nov 25, 2018, 6:41 PM

but I was at the game last night and our defense did look out of sorts right up to snap a few times. I would think we'd be better prepared for the hurry up seeing as how it was our week point against Duke (and BV owned it well).

I don't know enough about the schemes to understand why we got burned on the same cross router twice in a row. I can imagine BV is gonna be spitting nails all week!

Last night was a victory for the Gamecocks because they don't know what real victory tastes like.

Go Tigers!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Re: Arm chair observation from last night. Let me preface

Nov 25, 2018, 6:47 PM

it was a gimmick...they outpaced themselves on offense half the time and confused themselves

the result is easy enough to understand, some big plays catching us with our pants down and one dimensional loser of an overall offensive performance (especially in the red zone)

i hope every team has the same game plan going forward - it is a recipe for a Clemson win

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

BV stated he was embarrassed...which is a better response...

Nov 25, 2018, 6:55 PM

....than Reggie Herring's "we got what we got" response regarding his player talent. I trust BV to get it fixed. Clemson fans were frustrated and concerned about the D which is a feeling validated by BV.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Arm chair observation from last night. Let me preface

Nov 25, 2018, 7:02 PM

Agreed. Several teams have befuddled our defensive comms with tempo and any time 2 or more guys are looking at the sidelines when the ball is snapped bad things seem to happen. The bovada refs were not helping much last night, but there is room to improve on up-tempo defensive communications.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

For YOU Arm chair: https://clemsonsportstalk.com/s/2956/dabo

Nov 25, 2018, 7:34 PM

I don’t need to say anymore...

... sure wish you felt the same ‘Miss lifelong fan’.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Replies: 5
| visibility 1,868
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic