Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Are you guys worried about the special teams?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

Are you guys worried about the special teams?

Jan 1, 2019, 9:55 AM

I hope our special teams wont cost us the game. I am not confident of Will Spiers and hopefully we wont have any boneheaded monents like what Kendrick did against ND.

I hope we have a decent day on special teams and not cost us any points or field position please!

I am ok if Alabama is bettrr than us in offense or defense, let them not steal one.more NC because of special teams....

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Are you guys worried about the special teams?

Jan 1, 2019, 9:56 AM

Yes. Cost us the Natty in 2015. You could make an argument they are not as good this year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 1, 2019, 10:00 AM

I think if you arent worried about ST then they haven't watched any Clemson games this year. For as good as we are our ST are really bad.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yes

Jan 1, 2019, 9:57 AM

I'm also worried Bama will again be allowed to hold our D-line at will.
I'm also worried Quinnen Williams (aka Baby Huey) will repeatedly try to jam TL's head into the turf as hard as he can. And if we try to do anything to stop it, penalty on us.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

YES

Jan 1, 2019, 9:58 AM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bama special teams may be worse.

Jan 1, 2019, 10:00 AM

Least of my concerns.

I'm concerned about our pass pro and safety play getting torched over the middle.

Re: Bama special teams may be worse.

Jan 1, 2019, 10:19 AM

Aka what tiger swimmers saying. It’ll be blantant too.

As for ST, must not show in practice but I really don’t know why we haven’t given Potter or anyone else a shot. I really prefer the rugby punt away from the returner when we’re backed inside the 20. Which is where it seems he struggled the most.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In part...

Jan 1, 2019, 10:16 AM

Kickoff's have improved dramatically with the addition of Potter.

Kickoff and punt returns have been tolerable. A few glitches here and there but overall, they've done their job.

Considering that he started-out as a walk-on, Huegel has done a pretty good job on FG's. He entered the Cotton Bowl 9 of 13 on field goals and 68 of 68 on PATs. While the missed FG in the Cotton Bowl was an ugly miss, I blame that one on Hyatt and the OL. Hyatt completely wiffed on the block and Ogundeji was able to sack TL for an 8 yard loss. Huegel then missed the 49-yard field goal.

Punting...well...it is what it is. Let just hope we can get through the season without it costing us a game. Thankfully, help is on the way.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: In part...

Jan 1, 2019, 10:23 AM

Yeah, that’s asking a lot of Greg to make anything over 40 on a consistent basis. He doesn’t need to but it seems to me he tries to put a little extra beyond 40.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

rugby punts

Jan 1, 2019, 10:24 AM [ in reply to In part... ]

get the bounce sometimes and we can get more than 40 yards, but dangerous as well.

Hey we are 89 in net punting and Alabama is 116. Alabama doesn't punt much

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 1, 2019, 10:23 AM

In last year’s game with Bama, we kept trying to bring kicks out of the end zone and battled bad field position the whole game. Since our punting game is so weak, I wouldn’t attempt to retun any kickoffs from the end zone. Just take the ball on the 25 and put our offense in the best position to succeed. Then if wee do have to punt, we aren’t giving them the ball at midfield. We just don’t punt deep enough to significantly flip the field on anyone.

YES, Yes, yes!!!!!!

Jan 1, 2019, 10:29 AM

And, very worried that TUA is gonna left-handedly sling that ball 50 yds over our Dback for a quick easy TD..more than once!!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: YES, Yes, yes!!!!!!

Jan 1, 2019, 10:47 AM

Yeah I am worried about that too. But if Tua is great and if he beats our defense consistently, that's fine. lets see what our offense can do as well.

I just don't want us to lose because of Special teams like in 2015. I think that hurts more than if they are actually better than us..

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 1, 2019, 10:29 AM [ in reply to Re: Are you guys worried about the special teams? ]

You’re right. Won’t be a problem next season.

Nope, it’s not my job to worry about them or fix them.

Jan 1, 2019, 10:29 AM

After 5 months they aren’t going to get better in 6 days.

Yes, a little bit***

Jan 1, 2019, 10:35 AM

Jan 1, 2019, 10:45 AM

1. Take the touchback every kick
2. Absolute must to get at least to our own 35-40 the majority or every possession to protect field position with Spiers punting.
3. Just catch every punt.

Jan 1, 2019, 10:48 AM

ALWAYS!!!!

Jan 1, 2019, 11:36 AM

Wow... just reading these negative post are depressing. Why even step on the field if we've lost before we've started?

Alabama is NOT UNBEATABLE!!! Remember..The Tigers best them!!!

okay...I agree we have a few weak areas but Alabama has some too.

I hope our guys don't see this especially the ones that were called out.
They are aware of their performances and whether they played to their potential. Everyone has bad days. Negative thoughts bring negative results.
We are fortunate that none of our players are "sitting out"
We have very committed players loaded with talent.
I believe in the process and I trust our coaches ... I am definitely #Allin
Go Tigers.. you got this!!! #believe

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic