Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Appears we've told Crouch, thanks but no thanks.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 44
| visibility 1

Appears we've told Crouch, thanks but no thanks.

Dec 21, 2018, 7:54 AM

nm

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Expound a little. Include sources.

Dec 21, 2018, 8:00 AM

nm

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Appears we've told Crouch, thanks but no thanks.

Dec 21, 2018, 8:01 AM

Source? I find it hard to believe we're turning down a borderline 5 star player when we still have spots left in this class

Multiple recruiting sights that require membership are now

Dec 21, 2018, 8:13 AM

casting this as a battle between UT and UM, though most don't really give Michigan serious chances. Some have said that Clemson is out and that decision was likely made by Clemson coaches. Just reporting a synopsis of what I've read.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Multiple recruiting sights that require membership are now

Dec 21, 2018, 8:20 AM

then you would be wrong. he is not going to michigan. now tenn. is a different animal. pruitt did indeed get into his head but nothing has been decided unless it just happened very recently.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If you would read, you would see that most of those

Dec 21, 2018, 8:23 AM

recruiting sights do not give Michigan a chance, they are saying UT.

Re: If you would read, you would see that most of those

Dec 21, 2018, 9:04 AM

i dont need to read. i know the facts. at least what they were yesterday. lol

there are no facts in recruiting***

Dec 21, 2018, 10:27 AM

Dec 21, 2018, 11:13 AM [ in reply to Re: If you would read, you would see that most of those ]

YOU KNOW NOTHING!!!

Dec 21, 2018, 4:00 PM

Wait he knows every thing!!! Didn’t u know?

Dec 21, 2018, 10:46 AM [ in reply to Re: Multiple recruiting sights that require membership are now ]

Can you read ? He never said he was going to Michigan

Dec 21, 2018, 8:27 AM [ in reply to Multiple recruiting sights that require membership are now ]

Alright, interesting. Luckily he's much more of a 'nice to have' than absolute need like Putnam. Thanks for the update

Dec 21, 2018, 9:42 AM [ in reply to Multiple recruiting sights that require membership are now ]

Thats good. At least he will go to TN where he will never be a factor as far as us playing against him on a good team. I like what we have at LB anyway.

Fake News***

Dec 21, 2018, 8:09 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Dude abides

Source ?

Dec 21, 2018, 8:14 AM

Might be someone else lining up visit ? FSU commit that didn't sign ? MISS State commit that didn't sign ?

Can't just drop that without sourcing .

Read my reply to Tigervette

Dec 21, 2018, 8:18 AM

If what some reported is true, that Crouch was a silent commit to us, then it is likely Dabo saw the visit to UT as a betrayal of that commitment. Now I am speculating as only one sight ever indicated Crouch was a silent to us. But it does make sense.

THANKS saw your comment after I posted

Dec 21, 2018, 8:20 AM

Maybe they're already in on someone else.

Notice a couple of 4 star DE's(FSU & Miss State ) didn't sign.

Re: THANKS saw your comment after I posted

Dec 21, 2018, 11:09 AM

Pickering from Miss St would be HUGEEE. Borderline 5-star guy

Re: Read my reply to Tigervette

Dec 21, 2018, 8:20 AM [ in reply to Read my reply to Tigervette ]

That would make sense as I read somewhere that the Tennessee visit was done somewhat sneakily.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Read my reply to Tigervette

Dec 21, 2018, 8:29 AM [ in reply to Read my reply to Tigervette ]

I cant imagine anyone would risk their CU offer to visit Tenn but to each their own.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Flipping to Tennessee at the last minute really worked

Dec 21, 2018, 8:29 AM

out well for Marlin Lane and Ryan Jenkins, so why not Crouch. Wow, I'll bet Jenkins is still in disbelief he did that. His brother was on the team here. Jenkins ended up transferring from there less than a year later and then ended up somewhere worse.

Nothing says program on the rise like a close 38-13 loss to Vanderbilt.

Tennessee is 147-104 (58.5%) since they won the NC in 98

Dec 21, 2018, 8:54 AM

and have had 7 different coaches. If that isn't the definition of mediocrity, I don't know what is.

Why would anyone want to be a part of that sh!t show?

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Kid$ pick $chool$ for lot$ of different rea$on$***

Dec 21, 2018, 10:47 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

They are very good at selling the snake oil. Butch Jones

Dec 21, 2018, 1:01 PM [ in reply to Flipping to Tennessee at the last minute really worked ]

convinced Shy Tuttle that his chances of playing for a National Championship were much greater at Tennessee than at Clemson. Fast forward to Shy's senior year; Clemson is in the playoffs for the 4th consecutive year with a national title to show, Tennessee is not even in a bowl game, and Butch Jones is long gone. When coaches are in their first couple of years at a school, they can pitch anything. It's after about the third year when the disillusionment begins to set in on the recruits, parents, fan base, etc.

Dec 21, 2018, 8:42 AM

We've heard it before that if a player is committed to Clemson, Dabo wants them to sign in December. If there are assurances (maybe the papers signed), Dabo may agree to let a player announce at one of the All Star games but unlikely because that seems it's more about the recruit than the Tigers. We know he has never verbally committed to the Tigers that I've heard any way.
I agree we could use another DT, DE, OL and you can never have enough DBs. If he wants to play games then he can ride off to wherever. Idon't think he is as much of a priority now with our current and signed RBs and LBs.

Message was edited by: saddis56

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

From what I've read

Dec 21, 2018, 8:43 AM

in an email from my sister's husband's cousin's girlfriend's nephew who lives in Columbia that he's a silent solid verbal to USuC.

Seems serious

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 21, 2018, 9:03 AM

5* premondia that was injuried and did not play. Maybe not to take a chance on him? Not a CLEMSON fit?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 21, 2018, 9:07 AM

lol what is a premondia

Dec 21, 2018, 9:14 AM

premondia was experienced yesterday on TNET.

It is posting/reporting that a recruit has committed somewhere approximately 30-45 minutes prior to the actual commitment.

There are also rumors and sepculation...

Dec 21, 2018, 10:52 AM [ in reply to Re: Appears we've told Crouch, thanks but no thanks. ]

that his former coach and "handler" has his hand out and is trying to shop Crouch.

If Crouch had a mother who needed to "be taken care of" or a brother who needed to get into a med school, u5c would be an option for him.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Dec 21, 2018, 9:10 AM

this kid may go to tenn, no doubt. but the pure bullsh!t you read on this site boggles the mind. much like all the hand wringing with putnam. still waiting on caldwells apologies fropm a lot of you goober.

Dec 21, 2018, 9:15 AM

People are just mad that Caldwell has learned from Dabo and waits to pull something out when you least expect it on the recruiting trail.

Dec 21, 2018, 9:27 AM [ in reply to Re: Appears we've told Crouch, thanks but no thanks. ]

Agreed. Everybody wants to compare him to Pittman and that is not fair. Pittman is in a class by himself when it comes to recruiting, but most other teams would love to have the linemen that come here. Caldwell can't be doing too bad. We did average more than 6 yards a carry as a team last year.

Dec 21, 2018, 11:03 AM [ in reply to Re: Appears we've told Crouch, thanks but no thanks. ]

Agree! I left because of the Putnam hand wringing, and came back later to the pleasant news that he had committed. It was so much easier that way.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

I've never understood what the whole obsession with

Dec 21, 2018, 9:21 AM

Crouch is on here, especially after Wednesday. I get that he is an elite athlete and you sign an elite guy if he wants to play for you, but I'm not sure how well he would fit into the roster. He plays RB and wants to switch to LB. That's all fine and good, but we have several high quality LBs on the roster already and 5 signees from Wednesday. So at LB he's kinda of a project and would be competing against high quality LBs with years of experience already playing the position.

We also have phenomenal RBs and just signed a high rated one. So if he decided to move back to RB that'd be nice, but we don't have any actual need there.

As others have stated I'd rather use the spot for a DT or someone on the OL.

Weve already got 4 committed LBs all 4 stars

Dec 21, 2018, 9:32 AM

I’m not sure there is a great place for him. He is someone who peaked early in HS but has had some regression, sorta like that QB from Fort Dorchester Scar signed in the same class as TL. If we get him great but if not I’m not in the least bit upset. The only recruiting loss that stings for me a little is Webb but that was always going to be tough and landing Putnam makes things better.

Re: Weve already got 4 committed LBs all 4 stars

Dec 21, 2018, 9:49 AM

Injuries were an issue for Crouch this year.

I would still love to get him, but...he seems to me to be overrated. A 5 star RB who most scouts say lack the elite "burst" needed to be a star at the next level. A LB candidate for us.

I just wonder if he is going to turn out like Rendrick Taylor or others who meet the eye test but never really fit anywhere on the field.

Was he not on the Shrine Bowl team? His team was awful.***

Dec 21, 2018, 9:22 AM

Crouch quickly became a non-culture

Dec 21, 2018, 9:27 AM

Fit , when a " handler" became involved.

Re: Crouch quickly became a non-culture

Dec 21, 2018, 9:32 AM

please fill us in on this "handler". i know his former coach. is he the "handler" you speak of.

Yes***

Dec 21, 2018, 10:29 AM

Dec 21, 2018, 10:15 AM

Would be very pleased to learn his place has been given to another OL or DL.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the only good politician is a dead politician.

Another DL? Why? Crouch was always gonna be a DE here***

Dec 21, 2018, 10:30 AM

Re: Another DL? Why? Crouch was always gonna be a DE here***

Dec 21, 2018, 12:31 PM

Guess I missed where he indicated he wanted to play DE. Everything I saw pointed to LB.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the only good politician is a dead politician.

Dec 21, 2018, 11:08 AM

Yep, that’s what I’ve heard, too. Tennessee or Michigan, likely Tennessee

Replies: 44
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic