Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Anyone like to see a Clemson vs UGA Natty?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 56
| visibility 1

Anyone like to see a Clemson vs UGA Natty?

May 2, 2019, 8:44 PM

Probably, Dabo + coaches + staff + players would kick me for talking this early about the Tigers making it to the next title game - but I really believe there's a 50-50 chance at this point. Likely same chance for Bama, UGA, OKLA, LSU, A&M, OHST (maybe even Harbaugh's guys...who knows) - or some other.

A number of teams right now, you'd think, could be given roughly a 50-50 chance. And, I know there're always plenty of landmines that could mess things up for any team.

Just wondering, if CU does make it back - would you be up for CU/UGA? I think that'd be pretty nice. Old Kirby's bound to find some combination that works, one of these years.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think it wood hurt our strength of schedule***

May 2, 2019, 8:46 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I think it wood hurt our strength of schedule***

May 3, 2019, 12:07 PM

I would like to meet and stomp Bama again this year to break the tie, then never see them or any other SEC team in the CFP again. First half of my wish is highly likely ... the second half not so much ... but one can dream. GO TIGERS!!!!

Agree... No passing of the torch, just take it and don't look back***

May 4, 2019, 5:27 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don’t care who shows up as long as we stomp them***

May 2, 2019, 8:48 PM

Would make for an epic night in Nawleans!***

May 2, 2019, 8:48 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

I'd rather Georgia not even make the playoffs.

May 2, 2019, 9:01 PM

Helps with recruiting. They can play up almost beating Bama only so much.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: I'd rather Georgia not even make the playoffs.

May 2, 2019, 11:04 PM

totally agree. I want them to continue to lose 3+ games.

ever...***

May 3, 2019, 6:15 AM [ in reply to I'd rather Georgia not even make the playoffs. ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Be Great! Dawgs Bring Your Fake Punt/FG selves to the ship!

May 2, 2019, 9:07 PM

Of course, it would be great! Close in proximity to each other and all. No love lost for the other and all. It would be great!
But, I can't help that feeling the Dawgs will get *%^* slapped again by some .500 team or someone slightly above .500 again.
Much like the Chickens they have a "priority problem"! They worry about the what if's and possibilities down the road instead of what is right in front of them too much! Thought the SEC was too tough to do that, LOL!
Will they still have the same QB? He is good; but sometimes just makes some; "W.T. Hades was that plays"! I know they have Zeus at RB; but will he be the same? Will he be a 5 star bust? It's not like 5 stars can't be bust. Their recruiting trophy for having a top class is in the mail from Amazon. Not even Prime, it was an outsourced vendor! It weighs about 12 oz. and is about 4 inches high!

They had better figure out how to beat Texas a team that for what 3 years straight has lost to Maryland. Former ACC member now Big 10. Maryland.
Maryland!
Yet, they beat the vaunted SEC runner ups! In SEC country and did so kind of convincing. They recruited far better "ON PAPER" than did TEXAS! Beat them first Dawgs; then worry about what's waiting for you on the porch of the Main House!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Be Great! Dawgs Bring Your Fake Punt/FG selves to the ship!

May 3, 2019, 6:54 AM

Texas isn't on UGA's schedule. But I'm sure you knew that, even when you suggested UGA should focus on beating them.

Perhaps he meant "should have focused" and I agree.***

May 4, 2019, 5:32 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Anyone like to see a Clemson vs UGA Natty?

May 2, 2019, 9:07 PM

For some reason I want to play Michigan or Texas in the Natty, but both of those are unlikely.

End of the day, any opponent will do. Natty is more about the Natty than the opponent.

May 2, 2019, 9:10 PM

I agree. We have played Ugh-a a lot in the past. I wish we could play a team like Texas or Southern Cal. As far as beating Ugh-a, been there done that.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 3, 2019, 7:44 AM

Clemson hasn't "done that" that much. Georgia is 42-18-4 against Clemson, including a win in the last meeting (2014). Please explain what you mean by "been there done that."

May 3, 2019, 8:00 AM

Brag about your past all you want...Dabo is still 1-1 vs UGA in his tenure as head coach. So yeah, been there, done that...with a less star laden team. Didn't know the 80's and prior mattered to the current teams. Clemson is a much better team with much better players as a whole than UGA used to play back in all that history... You'd be dumb not to admit that.

May 3, 2019, 8:10 AM

If you want to consider Dabo being of 1-1 against UGA, including taking a beating in the last meeting, as he's "been there done that," have at it. No argument from me about Clemson being the better team today.

May 3, 2019, 9:25 AM

A beating?? Maybe you need to learn how a beating is defined. It's not just by owning 1 quarter.

The teams were tied 21-21 at half time...and it was 21-24 after the 3rd. Congrats, your RB tandem went off on the last quarter. Bet if the teams met again, that wouldn't happen twice.

May 3, 2019, 10:10 AM

I suppose if you don't count 25% of the game, then yeah, it was close. Since that's your standard of deciding how decisively a teams won, let's not count Clemson's 14-0 3rd quarter against SC. In this way, SC played Clemson to within a touchdown. See how that works?

May 3, 2019, 10:27 AM

Tell us more about your great victories, like those thrashings of Nichols State and Buffalo, or how you showed up Boise State in the Georgia Dome. Let's face it the Dawgs are awesome. Do you still have to be able to read to play football there or did they finally waive that too?

May 3, 2019, 10:32 AM

Great retort. I wondered how long it would take the pack mentality here to devolve into plain stupid. Congrats.

May 4, 2019, 1:18 AM

What did I say that wasn't correct. You are probably too young to remember all of the South Carolina players that went to UGA because they could not get into Clemson academically. Remember Kent Lawrence ..... probably way too young.

May 3, 2019, 3:16 PM [ in reply to Re: Anyone like to see a Clemson vs UGA Natty? ]

Again, guess you need to learn the definition of "a beating" vs winning decisively....I wouldn't call any game that was close through most of it a beating. Clemson vs Alabama 2017 wasn't a beating...a game that was 10-6 though the 3rd quarter and was only decided by 2 turnovers. Again, great man...you won the last one...and we won the one the year prior. It's still 1-1, and Clemson still has 3 National Championships since your last, 2 of which were beating a Bama team your team still hasn't beat once recently. Done with your moral victories?

May 3, 2019, 3:23 PM

Conversely, I wouldn't call Clemson vs Louisville 2016 a beating either, though Clemson won by 12 and was up 28-10 at half time. I would call Clemson vs South Carolina 56-7 a beating though. And Clemson Alabama 44-16, Clemson ND 33-3, Clemson Pitt 42-10, Clemson Miami 38-3...yeah, tell me when in any of those games the game was still in grasp prior to the last quarter and not in the first. That UGA 2014 game could have been anybody's going into the 4th, so don't act like it couldn't have. Same as Clemson vs Louisville 2016.

May 3, 2019, 4:32 PM [ in reply to Re: Anyone like to see a Clemson vs UGA Natty? ]

And my point is, as you say, it's 1-1 in the past two between Clemson and UGA. I'm not the one making the "been there done that argument" as if Clemson has some kind of proven success against Georgia. They don't and you may not like it, but it's a fact. I suspect you don't apply the same "beat down" standard to the Clemson/SC game in 2018, the example I gave.

As for Clemson's recent success with championships, thanks. I hadn't heard about those. It isn't like every single discussion thread on here eventually comes back to that.

Mine don't. I'm looking to the future ones... like this year***

May 4, 2019, 5:37 AM

May 2, 2019, 9:24 PM

Don't won't to see the whiney, self-important dogs anytime. Why would we want them to do anything good?

May 3, 2019, 7:32 AM

I have to take issue with this. You mean whiney, self-important "Dawgs."

No. That means I must want UGA to win enough to get there

May 2, 2019, 9:26 PM

The only time I want them to win a game is when they play the coots.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Re: No. That means I must want UGA to win enough to get there

May 2, 2019, 9:57 PM

This^^^^
I agree, my preseason hope every year use to be Clemson 12-0
UGa. 1-10
SCAR 0-11

Would be a perfect year. Of course we play more games now. I have lived amongst the Dawgs and caught to much grief from them to want to see them have any success.

May 2, 2019, 9:28 PM

I'm all for UGA vs Clemson, personally I don't care who is standing across that line of scrimmage from our boys but I do think UGA would be interesting.

No, I’d rather the SEC not make it to the NC***

May 2, 2019, 9:53 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

May 2, 2019, 9:56 PM

I want uga to to 0-12

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

I would like to see UGA go 1-11, with only a win over the coots!!***

May 2, 2019, 10:01 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 2, 2019, 10:02 PM

I think we have a good chance. I think the SEC sends two teams to the playoff this year..Bama and Georgia. Bama, Georgia, Clemson, and...?

May 2, 2019, 10:44 PM

I typed in my reply and then saw yours. I agree with you.

May 2, 2019, 10:03 PM

I’m hoping Texas or USC one of these days

If it happened Jawja would surely try a fake of some kind.

May 2, 2019, 10:09 PM

Wait a minute, they have a whole fake football team! Never Mind.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I only pull for UGa once annually...

May 2, 2019, 10:15 PM

and that's when they're playing u of 5c. Otherwise, I hope they lose every other game they play.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

May 2, 2019, 10:42 PM

This year we will beat Alabama in the semi and UGA in the final to repeat as Champs.

Dawgs will beat Bama in the SEC Championship. We will be seeded first, UGA second, have no idea on third, with Bama fourth.

You accidentally posted this in the football forum.

May 2, 2019, 10:58 PM

What sport did you mean?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

May 2, 2019, 11:05 PM

LSU and A&M have basically zero shot at the playoff.

Not in the least***

May 2, 2019, 11:25 PM

Would like to see non-SEC team make it ...***

May 2, 2019, 11:25 PM

May 3, 2019, 12:27 AM

Yes , any time we can demolish the hopes of the Dawgs is a great thing .
Would be tremendous if it were in Atlanta too , so they couldn't ever go back there and be happy for a long while.

DB23

May 3, 2019, 5:36 AM

We were so close to getting UGA in Atlanta two years ago too. That game would have been a crazy sellout. We were close but could not take care of Bama in New Orleans. I am surrounded by Dawgs so I very much want to wallop them in the title game. We will get them this year. Gonna repeat over UGA. It is going to be wonderful.

it would be gold to crush their dreams 44-16

May 3, 2019, 7:47 AM

On the biggest stage

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 3, 2019, 5:53 AM

I'd like to see Georgia lose at least 4 games , NCG loss to us ensures they keep stacking 5*s, I know their local, lack of instate rival, & mode of operation will land them a top 10 class anyway but still not "wishing them into the CFP" type of success-

May 3, 2019, 7:10 AM

I guess we have a bunch of English majors on the board. A spelling mistake or grammar mistake and a poster gets crucified but 8 teams with a 50/50 chance of making the championship game gets no reaction. Should be an interesting game with 4 teams playing in it.

LOL certainly not math majors!***

May 3, 2019, 10:20 AM

May 3, 2019, 7:38 AM

Not really...

If there is a team I want to beat in the natty playoff, it would be;

Semi: Michigan (just for a 60 point beatdown)
Final: Washington

I really want to see Dabo face-off against Chris Petersen. Of the sub 55yo coaches that probably best "compliments" as a similar coach would be Petersen. Built Boise State, then built UW. I think it would be a fun game as while I think our southern advantage over the west-coach school will make the difference, it would still be awesome game. Finally we will play against a team with an offensive genius to maybe give BV some challenge.

I'd like to see UGA go 0-21.

May 3, 2019, 8:09 AM

Then I'd like to see Clemson beat them like a rented mule and see USuCk brag about not having the worst team in the SEC.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 3, 2019, 9:55 AM

UGA won't get by Florida.

May 3, 2019, 10:55 AM

Or the parole board....

Never want to see UGA in the CFP final

May 3, 2019, 10:14 AM

Having gone to CU in the 80s, I would mind seeing us play them every year, though. And us playing them every year would make it EXTREMELY unlikely that we could see a rematch in the CFP final.

May 3, 2019, 12:09 PM

Nope

i don't know, i'd like to play some teams we haven't played

May 3, 2019, 4:35 PM

in a while or ever.

Replies: 56
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic