Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Anyone in Your Immediate Family a WW2 Veteran
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

Anyone in Your Immediate Family a WW2 Veteran

Dec 5, 2018, 1:55 PM

and still living? I have four "WW2 - I SERVED" decals. These are the rubberized type. If so, send me a Tmail with name and postal address. Also, I don't check my Tmails on a regular basis so would appreciate your letting me know you have sent a Tmail by posting in this thread.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yes, my Dad

Dec 5, 2018, 2:08 PM

I will send you a tmale

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Re: yes, my Dad

Dec 5, 2018, 2:53 PM

Willmo ----OK -- Got It

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My grandfarher

Dec 5, 2018, 2:11 PM

RIP Pops, he passed away about 6 weeks ago.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My ww2 veteran grandpa Turns 94 on saturday

Dec 5, 2018, 2:21 PM

He is also a Clemson grad class of '42.

He is a great man and the reason my whole family became tigers. I'm sure he would love one if you still have one left. Sent tmail with info.

Re: My ww2 veteran grandpa Turns 94 on saturday

Dec 5, 2018, 2:54 PM

Allinsinceday1 --- OK --Got it.

Re: Anyone in Your Immediate Family a WW2 Veteran

Dec 5, 2018, 2:27 PM
Bronze Star.jpg(112.2 K)

Joe,

I'll Tmail you Dad's address. We gave the shadow box above to him on Veterans Day. Dad walked off the stage with his Clemson sheep skin in 1942 and headed to the Pacific where he was wounded. He eventually made his was back to Clemson to teach for about 38 years.

Dec 5, 2018, 3:00 PM

icutigris -- OK - Got it. I'll hand deliver it. Is this Scott? I've known your Mother and Dad since I came to Clemson in 1955. If you are indeed Scott, I saw you at the Veteran's Day program at The Downs when your Mother and Dad were there.

Dec 5, 2018, 4:41 PM [ in reply to Re: Anyone in Your Immediate Family a WW2 Veteran ]

Unfortunately my three older brothers, all Clemson graduates, have passed. My oldest brother also finished in 1942, shipped out to Pacific in November of that year. He was in the Infantry, and spent the entire war there. He had enough time that he could have exempted out of the occupation, but said he wanted to see the country he had been fighting against for three plus years. He was wounded three times, twice on Saipan and once on Okinawa. The second brother got one semester in during fall of 1942, then to Europe in the Artillery. Third brother called in as 18 year old, basic Infantry training and immediately to Europe. He survived the Battle of The Bulge without a scratch. He wrote a little story titled. "From Civilian To The Front Lines In 90 Days".We need to also remember the mothers and fathers and other family members who suffered in fear through those awful years. I saw it, and lived it, with my parents. We were blessed that all returned home safely. I know my mother gave a big sigh of relief when they all got home. Then she had to go through another period of worry when her baby boy, me, finished Clemson in 1950 and shipped out for a year in Korea.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 5, 2018, 2:30 PM

I wish, my grandfather served and died of cancer before me or my brother were born (my brother is the oldest of the cousins on this side) but he at least knew he would be a grandfather when my mom was pregnant at the time.

Served as a Gunner on the bombers and was awarded a Purple Heart and Silver Star during WWII.

Dec 5, 2018, 2:34 PM

My father served and turns 96 in less than a month.

Dec 5, 2018, 4:07 PM

cwby --- Send me a Tmail with the name and postal address if you want him to get one. I have only one left.

Dec 5, 2018, 3:33 PM

My dad served in B-24's but passed years ago. My mom worked at Oak Ridge during the war and has a defense department commendation to prove it. Not asking for a decal but she is the strongest woman I know. Is in her mid90's self sufficient and has outlasted three husbands. I just wanted to use the thread to give her a shout out

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 5, 2018, 3:57 PM

How I wish my wonderful father was still living. He was a flight instructor during the war. My mother and her sister quit their teaching jobs to work in the office at the Naval shipyards in Wilmington. She met Eleanor Roosevelt there.

Dec 5, 2018, 4:13 PM

my grandfather is 99 and served in Italy. Do you have any decals left?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 5, 2018, 7:50 PM

ibeeskeet -- You are getting the last one.

Nope, my grandfather died serving in WWII

Dec 5, 2018, 4:53 PM

But I have his 2 purple hearts, the Bible he was issued by the Army, and a couple other items in a shadow box. Also, my son is named after him. God bless you all who served!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Dec 5, 2018, 4:56 PM

If you still have any left, my grandfather served in WWII as a Navy Corpsman at the age of 15. His brother was on the original Yorktown whenever it went down at Midway. It would do his heart well to receive something like this. I’ll Tmail you his address. Thank you.

Dec 5, 2018, 5:00 PM

Kudos to all of those who have answered Joe's call! Joe is my favorite poster for many reasons, but maybe most of all because of the example he has set for those of us who served in subsequent wars. He is the definition of a Clemson man. Both my brother and I served in Viet Nam and are both Clemson graduates .... me before the Marines and my brother after the Marines. My died who has long ago passed was in the most hazardous of all branches during WW II, the Merchant Marines, serving aboard tankers.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 5, 2018, 6:15 PM

Joe
My dad is 97 and served in Europe.
He went to Normandy on day 6 after d day.
He was there all the way through the occupation.
He was fortunate to be honored as Hero of the Game at the 2015 opening game. That was a thrill for my family. My daughter and 2 nephews,all alumni, accompanied him.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you da man Joe!

Dec 5, 2018, 7:06 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

What a touching gesture! Joe21, you sir are an...

Dec 5, 2018, 7:15 PM

...American treasure and a gentleman. Thank you for your service!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

Dec 5, 2018, 8:10 PM

Fellows and girls. I wish I had enough to fill all of your requests. I went on an honor flight to DC several years ago and picked up a large number of the WW2 and Korean War decals. I ran out of the Korean War "decals in short order and thought I had run out of the WW2 decals but while going through some "stuff today, I discovered four. To the four who will be receiving the decals, they will be going in the mail tomorrow.

Please extend to the heroes who rexceive these decals my sincere thanks and appreciation for their service. We would be honored if you can get a photo of the recipient with his decal and post it on this board for all to see.

POTY!***

Dec 5, 2018, 8:32 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic