Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Anyone else not surprised that Rasan Gary is
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

Anyone else not surprised that Rasan Gary is

Dec 21, 2018, 1:02 PM

opening up his own sports agency after 3 years at Michgan? Looks like the shoe did fit after all.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/2019-nfl-draft-michigan-star-de-rashan-gary-is-starting-his-own-sports-agency/

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Anyone else not surprised that Rasan Gary is

Dec 21, 2018, 1:07 PM

Not surprised at all. Guy with no heart or dedication to his college finishes the year off “injured”. He only cares about who will give him the most money. Good luck to whoever drafts him and tries to motivate him.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well that's an awfully pessimistic point of view

Dec 21, 2018, 1:46 PM

Point on the doll where the Michigan fan touched you

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Michigan Fans ALWAYS touch the poop chute***

Dec 21, 2018, 6:47 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ooooh the irony of THAT particular accusation***

Dec 22, 2018, 1:31 AM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 21, 2018, 3:12 PM [ in reply to Re: Anyone else not surprised that Rasan Gary is ]

It sounds like a VERY motivated young man .

He was clearly injured, why the quotation marks?***

Dec 21, 2018, 3:45 PM [ in reply to Re: Anyone else not surprised that Rasan Gary is ]

Re: He was clearly injured, why the quotation marks?***

Dec 21, 2018, 4:35 PM

I think there is a difference between an injury and being hurt. To me hurt is when something isn’t right but you can play through it. Injuries end your season or you are on IR for awhile. Was he hurt. Sure I will agree with that but I think he could have played through it like most guys do. It’s his right and his life to do whatever he wants. I just hope Clemson never has guys like that since the game and mindset is clearly changing.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good for him***

Dec 21, 2018, 1:40 PM

That's actually really cool

Dec 21, 2018, 1:47 PM

I like seeing young entrepreneurs breaking tradition and attempting disrupt an industry.

Re: That's actually really cool

Dec 21, 2018, 2:33 PM

Yup, Wilkins should do this too. He could be his own first client, but end up making more off others' contracts that his own. Put that Masters degree to work!

Re: That's actually really cool

Dec 22, 2018, 6:41 AM [ in reply to That's actually really cool ]

But it takes a lot of time and effort to run a business, and he’s also going to be a professional football player with also takes a lot of time. He is going to have to have others run the business. This has the makings of a future story where we read that his agent and accountant stole from him, or didn’t pay taxes, or something similar.

Wish I was as business savvy at 21, 22 yrs old***

Dec 21, 2018, 1:49 PM

Dec 21, 2018, 2:40 PM

Nothing wrong with the young man doing this. It is neither illegal nor immoral.

As I am not his doctor, I’m in not position to make a judgment on his injury.

Presumably everyone on this board loves college football. The players are the product. Why attack them for no reason just because he didn’t choose Clemson.

That said, I’m very happy he never won anything meaningful at Michigan. I’m spiteful about wishing his team a lack of success on the field, but feel no need to attack his integrity.

I wish him success***

Dec 21, 2018, 2:56 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don’t understand. Who will he be representing?

Dec 21, 2018, 3:02 PM

A sports agency meaning he represents players?

If I’m understanding the business correctly (and I admit...that’s doubtful), I see two issues:

1) as a franchise, I worry about his focus. He’s going to be offered millions to come be productive on their team and he’s starting out of the gate with “Yes, but I’m also starting my own company and that will take a lot of work.”

2) is his agency goi go to represent players from other teams and if so, how is that not a conflict of interests?

I do agree with others that applauded his entrepreneurial spirit, but it just seems like an odd business to start in his position.

null

Agree - l lot of ethical, NFL rules and legalities

Dec 21, 2018, 3:29 PM

I guess if he stays away from football then ok. Football would indeed be a conflict of interest. Teams would refuse to negotiate with him if it’s not flat out barred by the league. Also would be subject to lawsuits by the first disgrunteled guy he reps as they can say he was acting in the interest of his team vs the client

Re: I don’t understand. Who will he be representing?

Dec 21, 2018, 4:13 PM [ in reply to I don’t understand. Who will he be representing? ]

The conflict of interest would make things iffy.

But yeah, I don't have an issue with him chasing success in life, just remember his recruitment and this is, imo, an extension of that.

Perhaps he's taking the knowledge

Dec 21, 2018, 4:18 PM

He'll learn via the upcoming draft and initial contract, represent himself and apportion the money that would have gone to an agent to fund his own agency. Why not?

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I don’t understand. Who will he be representing?

Dec 21, 2018, 4:25 PM [ in reply to I don’t understand. Who will he be representing? ]

That’s an interesting point, good or bad NFL teams still want dudes that just love playing football with a laser focus and nothing else 24/7. I wonder if this affects where he goes in the draft at all?

I love the entrepreneurial spirit though, but curious how the NFL gm’s view it.

Dec 21, 2018, 4:41 PM

I’m having a hard time figuring out why this is a bad thing. Most young men that age are thinking about spending every dollar they make on cars and jewelry and other toys. Seems like a smart kid to me and is thinking about life after football.

Wouldn't trade Wilkins or Big Dex for two of Gary.

Dec 21, 2018, 4:41 PM

It all worked out for the best for all concerned.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 21, 2018, 6:21 PM

Hire a couple agents/attorneys to negotiate for clients, take a cut of the commission and money for nothing and the chicks ........ Got lost in the 70s for a minute.

Anybody think that if he would he came to clemson

Dec 21, 2018, 8:22 PM

That he would start over Dex or Christian? If he stayed at DT I doubt he would have. I’m not sure but I think he was playing DE for Michigan. If he would of played DE here he might have started over Bryant but definitely not Ferrell. We were just fine without him

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic