Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Any tigers in London?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

Any tigers in London?

Aug 20, 2014, 8:49 PM

I will be in London with the wife from December 27 to jan 3 and would like to know where to catch the bowl games and the first play off games? I know we have to have a tiger crowd in London that gathers to watch the game.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Get a cup o tea and find a telly in a pub.

Sep 16, 2021, 8:02 AM

Be sure to tell them you want to watch some REAL football.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Bengal Lancers??

Aug 20, 2014, 9:15 PM

JK.....but it sounds like a terrific trip!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The wife and I did that a few years back

Aug 20, 2014, 11:56 PM

We looked for anywhere that has the North American Sports Network. I think it is called ESPN America now.

My favorite was Bodeans. The food is amazing and they have the sports I required. It is in SoHo.

Back then, there was also a place in Chelsea called Henry J Beans which had it too. I think they are closed now though.

I ended up listening to our Nebraska game on a streaming audio broadcast on a weak wifi signal. All around bad day.

In retrospect, I wish I had set up a Slingbox back home and just made sure the hotel (or cafe) had good wifi.

Now days with ESPN3 and the WatchESPN app, you might be able to get by. I know the country does have some YouTube videos blocked, so it could be possible that they block US-content for those apps as well.

Whatever you decide, good luck!

Also, remember to take note of which tube stations are closed after the fireworks. You literally won't believe the crowds at Waterloo. We ended up walking from the Eye back to Marylebone (6-7 miles) and got in around 3:30 because I thought I could find a less-crowded tube station. Little did I know that they closed certain ones selectively and we had no choice but to keep walking. No husband-points were awarded that night.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The wife and I did that a few years back

Aug 21, 2014, 8:30 AM

Awesome. Thanks for the insight!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Any tigers in London?

Aug 21, 2014, 1:10 AM

There is a Clemson club in London, but I'll have to do a bit of research to find the contact name/number.
The fail safe way to be sure to see the game(s) live is the Slingbox route. I can help you with that if you're not sure how/what it is.
BTW, I live in England, so let me know if I can help with your trip.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 21, 2014, 5:14 AM

D'you like to do drawrings ? D'you ? Its a bit of ohright , innit ?
(I typed this with a cockney accent )

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Aug 21, 2014, 5:16 AM

Also , I live in SC ...so I have failed to contribute to this in two separate ways .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

LOL...Good morning, my good Friend! I tried to point you

Aug 21, 2014, 5:27 AM

twice, but it wouldn't let me.

Any person with that type of originality this early deserves to be doubly-pointed.

Have a great day!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: LOL...Good morning, my good Friend! I tried to point you

Aug 21, 2014, 5:39 AM

Thank you Mr. Hartins ?

DB23

Aug 21, 2014, 10:50 AM [ in reply to Re: Any tigers in London? ]

> D'you like to do drawrings ? D'you ? Its a bit of
> ohright , innit ?
> (I typed this with a cockney accent )

Is that so?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic