Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Any of you buy an LED tv recently & have a recommendation?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Any of you buy an LED tv recently & have a recommendation?

Apr 29, 2019, 1:09 PM

The old sony LCD is about done after 10 years. I'm not looking to break the bank because I'm retired but something 50-65 ". Not interested in OLED because of price. Also if you know a place w a good deal please let me know. Thanks

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Any of you buy an LED tv recently & have a recommendation?

Apr 29, 2019, 1:13 PM

The LG B7a is absolutely phenomenal.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 29, 2019, 1:24 PM

Samsung or LG. Take you pic. Focus on speakers and sound too.

Apr 29, 2019, 1:44 PM

^ This. LG and Samsung lead the pack for basic LED. Now when you get to OLED vs QLED, it gets more complicated....LG OLED has higher ratings than Samsung QLED for superior contrast/quality, however, the downfall of OLED is the ghosting effect (burn in) where QLED doesn't burn in.

Apr 29, 2019, 1:21 PM

Just purchased a 65" Hisense 4k UHD ROKU from Walmart for $498. Outstanding tv! Order online and they will deliver to your place FREE!

Message was edited by: DiamondJim5758®

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 29, 2019, 1:26 PM

Hisense...I give it 7 months...

Not 6 months...not 8 months

It will be dead in 7 months

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Costco has a 75" LG Model 75UK6570AUA for $999.99 on sale

Apr 29, 2019, 1:44 PM

thru today. Reviews rated at 4.4 stars.

Apr 29, 2019, 1:46 PM

Steer clear of Vizio. They are affordable on the front end and good for a year or two. They are, by design, a throwaway TV. If something goes bad, the are non-repairable.

Apr 29, 2019, 2:56 PM

We have a Samsung and it is very good. However, stay away from Samsung refrigerators. They are bad.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pretty sure Samsung refrigerators caused doo doo ice

Apr 29, 2019, 3:02 PM

in Williams Brice stadium.

I bought one four years ago - great features, decent architecture, GOD AWFUL performance. I went with it because it was the only 25cuft I could find less than 36" wide. I should have bought a styrofoam cooler. Now I have to suffer through hell until I can afford to rip out my kitchen and start over.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I must be lucky. I've had my Vizio for 6 years and counting***

Apr 29, 2019, 3:32 PM [ in reply to Re: Any of you buy an LED tv recently & have a recommendation? ]

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

CASIO***

Apr 29, 2019, 3:16 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 29, 2019, 3:23 PM

TCL 6 series. CNET Editor's Choice for best for the money. 55 inch is $529 at Best Buy. TV has HDR 10, Dolby Vision, and local dimming. Also has Roku built in and can support ARC.

I'll never buy LG again

Apr 29, 2019, 3:28 PM

Several parts die/break....good luck getting the right parts...LG doesn't even know what parts go into their products apparently. Multiple chitty experience.

Go with Samsung.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've had a 55' Samsung 8000 series LED since 2010

Apr 29, 2019, 3:58 PM

Its on pretty well 24/7 whether anyone is home or not

No issues thus far

Message was edited by: gville76

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

Yes! Stay away from SAMSUNG

Apr 29, 2019, 4:18 PM

I try to tell everyone I can - don't buy ANYTHING Samsung makes. Any product - any category.

It's not that they make terrible products. Actually their stuff is good. It's that their rotten customer service (and company as a whole) has NO INTENTION of honoring ANY warranty - no matter the product or circumstances. If it does break or is defective - brother - you are on your own! They will NEVER accept a return and you'll be led around in circles, because they just don't care.

I guess the South Korean giant figures they're so big, they can afford to "not fool" with warranty issues - - they'll sell enough anyway. "Too big to fail," as the saying goes.

I have a Samsung 60" I bought in Jan. 2016. So far, it's humming along great. What they stiffed me on was a couple of identical smart phones I bought in early 2017. One worked fine - the other I could never get unlocked. They have an impossible return process - & will lie to you repeatedly saying they "never received the documents proving you own the phone." I sent them absolute proof - 6 times to every fax number they provided. Always the same story - "We never received any fax." B.S.! All a scam to make you THINK they're there to help you. In no way is that TRUE!

So warning - - do not by a SAMSUNG ANYTHING.

Apr 29, 2019, 4:47 PM

Just bought a 65 inch LG LED and have been very happy with it. I did some research before the purchase and LG and Samsung are the best.

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic