Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Any chance Vanderbilt would come after Brad?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

Any chance Vanderbilt would come after Brad?

Mar 23, 2019, 10:09 PM

Don't they want a high moral coach for a school with high academic principles who is consistent if not great?

I could see that being one of the few jobs he might want to leave Clemson for? Good area to live.
Let's hope so...

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lol. Would be funny. Barnes at UT, Brad at Vandy, maybe OP

Mar 23, 2019, 10:16 PM

could take over Memphis.

Re: Any chance Vanderbilt would come after Brad?

Mar 23, 2019, 11:10 PM

Since you seem to be so keen on Brad leaving, any suggestions as who you would want to replace Brad with?
Oh, and while I'm not necessarily keen on him staying I'll let the A.D. decide what course to take if Brad does go.

Mar 24, 2019, 12:11 AM

I'd take who Vandy just let go . .even swap :)

Bryce Drew’s 21-43 record the last 2 years, including 6-30 in the SEC

Mar 24, 2019, 12:17 AM

doesn’t concern you? Because it should.

For reference, our head coach has only had one losing seasons in 17 years as a head coach.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: Bryce Drew’s 21-43 record the last 2 years, including 6-30 in the SEC

Mar 24, 2019, 12:29 AM

If We are satisfied with mediocrity, Brad's our
Guy !

Way to completely miss the point.***

Mar 24, 2019, 11:00 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Mar 24, 2019, 11:39 AM [ in reply to Re: Any chance Vanderbilt would come after Brad? ]

Jon Scheyer

Well, hiring Drew sure backfired

Mar 23, 2019, 11:19 PM

no idea what direction the new AD will choose to go in though. Good not great tradition. They support the team though, that old barn they play in is a tough place

Mar 23, 2019, 11:36 PM

I find it interesting that any school would go after an average coach. If they're just average, then use that 'diamond in the rough' approach and hope for the best. They will probably also be average, and cost much less. I only see 2 success paths when recruiting a new coach - take a chance on a rookie or go for a proven coach, but never bother with the average coach unless you expect mediocrity.

Brad is average?

Mar 23, 2019, 11:43 PM

He’s won 61% of his games as a head coach, including 20 or more wins in 10 of his 17 seasons.

Actually, 61% is pretty average

Mar 24, 2019, 12:03 AM

It's basically an 18-12 record on a yearly basis. Not bad, but certainly not great. Guys get fired with higher winning percentages

Actually, 50% is average.

Mar 24, 2019, 12:20 AM

And 61% is well above average.

Oliver Purnell won 53.7% of his games as a head coach during his career. That’s much closer to average.

Re: Actually, 50% is average.

Mar 24, 2019, 3:27 AM

Brownell’s perception, as good of a guy as he is, is a product of the other major sport on campus winning national championships...like it or not. Average has a new meaning lately and thankfully.

Given the expansion of the league and the cheating scandals that have come to light, BB has done a decent job. But let’s be genuinely honest...he’s not going to last at Clemson beyond next year at the most. Missing the tournament this year sealed the deal. Bottom line.

Mar 24, 2019, 11:18 AM [ in reply to Actually, 50% is average. ]

Because it took Purnell a while to get to the tourney. Then he got there 3 straight years although we lost. Then he left your dad one of the best teams he will ever have (last year was the best)
Made the tourney then misses for years until last year. Makes a sweet 16, returns 4 seniors, improving sophomores in trapp and Simms except they didn’t improve enough. We had no contributions from the bench because he’s had to settle on the recruiting trail. It’s BRADS fault we didn’t have an extra shooter this year that would’ve gotten us 25+ wins. Devoe was here for 25 years, how could you not have a replacement? “Well Trapp was supposed to be but he’s not getting it done.” Why not? Who recruited him? Who is coaching him? Brownell brownell brownell

Mar 24, 2019, 11:44 AM [ in reply to Actually, 50% is average. ]

A .500 winning percentage doesn't mean you are average or not in college basketball. It just means you win half your games. I like BB and think he is a good coach but we need to take it to the next level. You can argue all you want about the administration but losing close games like we do means we are close and could make the next step. Now BB may be why we are close but he may be why we can't take the next step.

Trust me,

Mar 23, 2019, 11:47 PM

Brad isn’t leaving Clemson unless he’s fired, i’m sorry to burst your bubble though.

Mar 24, 2019, 12:13 AM

I wasn't sure if this was a serious post or not. I predict Vandy will not include Brownell in their list of potential coaching candidates.

I am curious if any school has "come after" Brownell during his tenure at Clemson?

nobody woujd pay him what we pay him!***

Mar 24, 2019, 9:36 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You act like he is overpaid.

Mar 24, 2019, 11:01 AM

He isn’t.

Re: You act like he is overpaid.

Mar 24, 2019, 11:21 AM

You could be correct. We would know for sure if he gets another HC job after Clemson. I guess the market will let us know.

Mar 24, 2019, 11:12 AM

You promise?

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic