Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Thoughts on the border?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 38
| visibility 1

Thoughts on the border?

Nov 27, 2018, 1:19 PM

While they may be facing poverty in their home country that does not meet the asylum requirements. It may sound cold but they should be turned away . We have poverty here and until that is fixed the inn is full on poor folks.

The men should be turned away on principle alone, they are also the leaders of pushing past check points and storming the border. If they are unwilling to fight for their own country we have zero use for them here.

They seem to feel they are entitled to storm our borders and expect welfare in return. Hence the constant claims of nobody is helping them. Mexico needs to stop them at their border and if they fail to then the US-Mexico border needs closed down tight. Enough of this foolishness.

A Country that is unable to secure it’s borders will cease to be a sovereign Nation. I am not willing to go down that path and neither are most US Citizens.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The policy should be uniform as in all turned

Nov 27, 2018, 2:09 PM

away, including Cubans, or apply the same standards to everyone.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The policy should be uniform as in all turned

Nov 27, 2018, 2:15 PM

Well of course it should apply equally to all. In reality the only people accepted should be the ones that apply from home country and have a needed skill set.

That is not, nor is it ever, how immigration and especially

Nov 27, 2018, 2:57 PM

asylum has ever worked in the US, thankfully.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: That is not, nor is it ever, how immigration and especially

Nov 27, 2018, 4:17 PM

Your line of thinking would let in the neediest of the world, low skill set folks. We already have got those a plenty.

"And have a needed skill set".

Nov 27, 2018, 3:58 PM [ in reply to Re: The policy should be uniform as in all turned ]

Since when the #### has that ever been a requirement to be in this country for any reason?

Hell, I ain't for a Wal-Mart Black Friday-style free-for-all at the border, but some of y'all act like this is some exclusive night club and the fire marshal said folks need to wait in line outside because it's too crowded.

I would wager most of the folks on this board wouldn't even be Americans if they didn't have ancestors who sought out asylum here at some point.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Re: "And have a needed skill set".

Nov 27, 2018, 4:14 PM

Question is should it be? For many countries that is required, that or have $100k plus to put in a bank. Australia is one, I checked on it about 18 years ago. Keeps out the welfare handout folks, fills a need and works very well.

Nov 27, 2018, 4:25 PM

Question is should it be? For many countries that is required, that or have $100k plus to put in a bank.

No. We're better than other countries. Providing a land of opportunity for immigrants is what has made America so special.

People don't flee here because they're wealthy and comfortable. My ancestors certainly didn't.

And no, Australia doesn't require what you mentioned for refugees.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

Nov 27, 2018, 4:32 PM

Might want to check on that, Australia meets them at sea and moves them to an island. Just a fact for those coming uninvited, no asylum granted by AU.

Nov 27, 2018, 4:48 PM

Not the island/continent of AU either.

Nov 27, 2018, 5:31 PM [ in reply to Re: "And have a needed skill set". ]

Australia does not require refugees seeking humanitarian relocation to have a needed work skillset or $100,000 in the bank.

Nov 27, 2018, 5:42 PM

Once again to gain citizenship by applying one needs a required skill set or minimum $100k to bank in AU, I know this for a fact as I sat with AU govt. officials by normal procedures. AU does not accept a boat load of refugees, look it up. They in fact meet them at sea and transport to an island that is not an AU territory. To be granted asylum in AU one does not storm the border by boat but by applying from home country of origin. Most are left stuck or sent back as they do not meet requirements. We can do this all day, I am correct.

Nov 27, 2018, 6:04 PM

You're talking yourself in circles. You said you needed a specific skill set or $100k in the bank to be a refugee to Australia. You, in fact, do not. Unless you aren't understanding the difference between seeking humanitarian asylum and becoming a citizen.

And the link you provided doesn't support what you're claiming.

Nov 27, 2018, 6:13 PM

Oh but it does if one can read and comprehend. AU does not allow storming the border, hence the off continent camps . They never set foot on AU territory. Very few people are granted refugee asylum, thus the need for required skill set or $100k. I fully understand the difference between refugee status and citizenship , what you fail to grasp is they way they do it .

Also little know fact is that aborigines were consideredd to be Floura and Fauna and as such line could apply for a hunting tag for aborigines in AU and they were issued and used.

It is not I that is chasing their tail , that would be you.

Nov 27, 2018, 6:19 PM

Another fun fact in AU is how foreign ownership of property is done with respect to purposely screwing the Japanese. To own property in AU as a foreigner you MUST buy new construction and builder must have 3 units under construction. All good so far right, till you go to sell as it must be sold to an AU citizen who is not going to pay anywhere close to ask price. Usually around 40% is what it sells for . Specifically designed with condos in mind along the coastal areas.

Nov 28, 2018, 8:00 AM [ in reply to Re: "And have a needed skill set". ]

How does one storm the border of an island country?

Please show me an exact quote from documentation that says a humanitarian refugee needs $100k to come to Australia.

Also little know fact is that aborigines were consideredd to be Floura and Fauna and as such line could apply for a hunting tag for aborigines in AU and they were issued and used.

Really? I'm surprised more Trumpies aren't lining up to move to Australia.

Nov 29, 2018, 9:02 AM

By boat , good grief you cannot possibly be this dense can you? Same as what is happening in Greece,Italy with illegals heading by boat. Do you read or just live in a vacuum?

There are no humanitarian migrants to AU , or very few and far between, hence they end up on islands in camps. What is so hard to grasp? Only secure way to move to AU to get citizenship is by what I have said, required skill set or $100k in cash to put in a bank. Good grief you seem to actually try to be dense.

AU does not allow illegals to flood in by boat to their country, no matter the reason.

Nov 27, 2018, 5:50 PM [ in reply to Re: "And have a needed skill set". ]

For your reading pleasure

https://foreignpolicy.com/2018/04/30/theres-no-escape-from-australias-refugee-gulag/

Re: Thoughts on the border?

Nov 27, 2018, 2:16 PM

There are so many nuances, but one thing is for sure, we can't just take all asylum seekers in, even if they are needy. The US needs to protect it's future as well. 3rd world countries around the world are falling apart. The world is a mess. You even look at climate change and the drought going on in Afghanistan. All of their livestock are dying and generally already dead. Their crops are dead. Parents are even selling their children to survive. I don't have the solutions, but I don't think opening the flood gates to the US is the best for the US. I think we need to concentrate on helping to fix issues abroad.

Nov 27, 2018, 4:27 PM

I tend to agree with you though we may find differences on the helping to fix their issues. At $20T plus debt we are in no position to give money away for a lost cause there. Truth is until the corruption( makes ours look like child’s play) and get a handle on birth rates of the poor you might as well set the money on fire.

Nov 28, 2018, 8:05 AM

I agree about the birth rate. I was watching a documentary on this family of Syrian refugees. They spent 4 years living in a tent city for refugees. Anyway, what seemed nuts to me though, over that 3 years the mother had 3 kids for a total of 7 kids.

Why assume they expect welfare?

Nov 27, 2018, 2:48 PM

Maybe they want to work and want opportunity? The immigrants I know outwork most Americans.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why assume they expect welfare?

Nov 27, 2018, 4:29 PM

My counter proposal would be maybe they should WORK to fix their own country.

Here's my thoughts on the border...

Nov 27, 2018, 3:17 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWJf6_XZlRE

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Look what happened to the Crow, Cherokee, Seminole, Apache

Nov 27, 2018, 3:23 PM

and other American Indian nations when they couldn’t secure their borders.

F’ing Europeons invaded their continent and took over! Talk about a sense of entitlement!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Look what happened to the Crow, Cherokee, Seminole, Apache

Nov 27, 2018, 4:16 PM

Oh, they tried but failed due to superior numbers and firepower. See, all of history the winner draws the maps.

Nov 27, 2018, 4:17 PM

If you’re somebody who will trek thousands of miles to find work we should take you and kick out a bum that’s already here refusing to....

Nov 27, 2018, 4:22 PM

Interesting idea, trade a willing to work( no govt. benefits) for a current welfare user? I could get on board that idea train.

Nov 27, 2018, 4:20 PM

As Central and South American countries continue to fail, exhaust resources this issue will only get worse. Better to put a stop to it now than deal with hordes that are far greater in number later.

Nov 27, 2018, 4:25 PM

The 'border issue' is a red herring. More immigrants are leaving than coming in. Immigration is at a 15 year low.

The 'border issue' is merely a distraction, a made up crisis to occupy the minds of those eager to blame they're plight on something or someone.

It's a faux story.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 27, 2018, 4:36 PM

Not so Felix but hold dear to that tale. In the coming decades food and water will drive populations to areas that have them. Several very large cities are scheduled to run out of water in the next decade., when it occurs chaos will ensue.

Truth and facts don't matter to Trumpkins.

Nov 28, 2018, 4:15 PM [ in reply to Re: Thoughts on the border? ]

Trumpthink has taken complete hold of their party.

My hope is that they continue to cling tightly to Trump.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Truth and facts don't matter to Trumpkins.

Nov 29, 2018, 8:57 AM

Ah Chuck, it goes further back than Trump. Time to grow up lad!
https://www.c-span.org/video/?c4656370/sen-barack-obama-illegal-immigration

Whether or not to let them in is insignificant.

Nov 27, 2018, 6:22 PM

Letting them in without a path to becoming taxpaying citizens who are fully vested in our form of government and ready to add their culture to ours and be assimilated into America is the real issue. We've examined the trees until the bark is all gone and still can't see the size of the forest.

If they show up for court for their amnesty hearing there's little chance they will be allowed to stay. Both side of the argument are missing the humanity issue of having millions of people who are fugitives roaming around free. Stop thinking about what you want and consider their lives. They are human, mostly Christian and have the same love for families as we.

Stop with the selfish, mindless banter on whether or not to open the borders. Opening the borders won't solve the problem it will only create more fugitives. They want to come so badly that they are willing to be fugitives and work for sub minimum wage just to care for their families.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Whether or not to let them in is insignificant.

Nov 27, 2018, 6:30 PM

Hate to sound callous but them and theirs are not my concern. Not the USA ‘s either. Simple truth is lax enforcement of existing laws and borders caused this problem. Along with not laying stiff penalties for Companies that willingly hire said illegals. Only enforcement of laws and borders will fix it. One may consider amnesty only after the borders are secured, till then it only encourages more illegal entries.

They are useful.

Nov 28, 2018, 10:25 AM

We are birthing welfare recipients not a productive population. We need these people as much as they need us but not if they are illegal and not taxpayers.

I fully agree, no wall and no immigration reform and we need no amnesty for illegals.

Message was edited by: ClemsonTiger1988®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: They are useful.

Nov 29, 2018, 9:21 AM

Do illegal aliens get welfare? Maybe they do. I don't know. That sounds like that might not be fact. I could be wrong.

I suppose we could argue about the definition of 'refugee.'

Nov 30, 2018, 7:31 PM

Do you think there is a relationship between the terms 'asylum seeker,' and 'refugee?' Keep in mind that children of those who enter illegally are citizens, they and their primary caregivers are considered eligible for medicaid, etc...

https://www.brookings.edu/research/welfare-benefits-for-non-citizens/

"The 1996 reforms changed almost every aspect of non-citizen eligibility for welfare benefits. Although the provisions are exceedingly complex, a rough general principle provides useful guidance.

With some exceptions, non-citizens entering the United States after August 22, 1996, the date of enactment of the welfare reform legislation, are not eligible for most welfare benefits, including Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF), SSI, Medicaid, and the State Children’s Health Insurance Program (SCHIP), until they have been in the U.S. for at least five years.

Keeping this general principle in mind, a more thorough review of the 1996 provisions reveals both their complexity and breadth...

Refugees are a protected population under welfare reform, retaining their eligibility for federal benefits for seven years after entry. Nonetheless, between 1994 and 1999 steep declines occurred in use of TANF (78 percent), food stamps (53 percent), and Medicaid (36 percent) by low-income refugee families with children.

Before welfare reform, refugee families had use rates that were more than double those for either citizen or LPR families. However, by 1999 the rates for refugee families had fallen to levels roughly equal to those of citizens..." emp mine

Nov 30, 2018, 9:08 PM

ZERO. NONE. ITS CHAMPIONSHIP WEEKEND MOTHERFUKKER! STOP THIS PANDR SHEET AND GET A LIFE AND GET READY FOR THE GAME!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 38
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic