Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
An idea against Bama should we play them.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 2,046

An idea against Bama should we play them.

Nov 12, 2018, 1:56 AM

I think Bama will watch tape if the BC game and see that we don’t really pick up a corner blitz really well or have the consistent ability to run when the DE across from out right tackle is very good. Playing Bama will be even worse due to more talent and depth.

Now I know this is pretty unorthodox, but hear me out. If their is anything that our running backs have as a weakness it would be pass blocking. Trevor Lawrence was affected or sacked more last night than any game I can remember. I know that Xavier Thomas is our main depth at DE, but what would you guys think of him setting up in the backfield to give Lawrence extra time? He is a freak of nature and other than being probably as strong as anybody be in the team pound for pound, he is super fast too. Imagine a corner blitz and running into Thomas.

While we are at it, I would love to see XT run the ball on a jet sweep. Bama with Tua is a very y’all order. Not saying it can’t be done. I’m just saying that using our most athletic players in any way should not be out of the question.

Thoughts?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Or Just Have Trevor Lawrence......---

Nov 12, 2018, 3:35 AM

bash the corner blitzer in the head with the ball as hard as he can when he throws it at him at point blank range. An incomplete pass that caused a concussion.

""Next?......Anyone else want to blitz??""

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Like this? LOL

Nov 12, 2018, 6:25 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWAQ8rTBLUk

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Like this? LOL

Nov 12, 2018, 7:47 AM

There's a scene like this in The Replacements too.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: An idea against Bama should we play them.

Nov 12, 2018, 4:16 AM

If we start throwing about 10 - 15 quick slants a game those corner blitzes will stop pretty quick.

Dot eat pizza before going to bed.

Nov 12, 2018, 4:22 AM

might even get TL to play DE. You know he's like 6'-6" tall..... ??

Nov 12, 2018, 6:50 AM

I have two thoughts;
1)Concentrate on Duke.I am pretty confident that is what Dabo and staff will be focused on this week.
2)Worry about the playoffs when and only when you secure a spot.
Too much football left to speculate on Bama should we play them.

Dude we get it

Nov 12, 2018, 6:53 AM

We can talk about other games. It’s not our jobs to focus on Duke and the fact that you have to continuously state “don’t overlook ____” would suggest you don’t really suggest the coaches to do theirs.

Lol no

Nov 12, 2018, 6:55 AM

This is why you have Garrett Williams. Start playing XT 2 ways consistently and you’re asking for him to get hurt. He’s already on kickoff coverage too.

If he gets a play at the goal line, I wouldn’t be mad but no he doesn’t need to be playing as an HB regularly.

Nov 12, 2018, 7:52 AM

If it were me, I’d start working Carman in at RT.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 12, 2018, 7:57 AM

^^^Winner, winner, chicken dinner^^^^

I was formally known as Furious george and have changed my name to match the name I use to call on WCCP radio.

Re: ^^Winner, winner, chicken dinner^^

Nov 12, 2018, 7:59 AM

That comes in 2 weeks.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Throw to the RB in the blitz-side flat...Nice, open field.***

Nov 12, 2018, 8:03 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great idea

Nov 12, 2018, 8:19 AM

But a little easier said than done considering you’re going to have to set up blocking on that side and have the RB lined up on the correct side, have Trevor recognize what side the blitz is coming from and then hope the defense doesn’t switch sides of the blitz when we audible out of it.

Replies: 13
| visibility 2,046
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic