Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Always thought the UGA/Clemson series was best in country. Question...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

Always thought the UGA/Clemson series was best in country. Question...

Jun 10, 2019, 5:38 PM

In that rivalry, what was best game or most vivid memory?

As a UGA fan, I think the 1984 game when dawgs upset #2 ranked Clemson 26-23 on Kevin Butlers 61 yard fg with seconds to go. On a side note, anyone remember the excitement and controversy that followed when UGA kicked off to Clemson?

Vince Dooley and Danny Ford had an altercation afterwards...

For Clemson fans, I would guess 1986 and 1987 might bring a smile..

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You’re not on the schedule. You’ll choke before the playoffs. I don’t care.***

Jun 10, 2019, 5:40 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Always thought the UGA/Clemson series was best in country. Question...

Jun 10, 2019, 5:41 PM

I was at that game and it was a heartbreaker

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Clemson was better than UGA...

Jun 10, 2019, 5:44 PM

Mike Epply was Tiger QB and Tigers were LOADED. Dawgs down 20-6 at half but just caught fire in 2nd half

Still living in the 80s huh?

Jun 10, 2019, 5:48 PM

I guess I would too if I was a fan of the most underachieving program of the 21st century.

No, I never played. 18-22 year olds play..

Jun 10, 2019, 5:56 PM

It’s just a game! Lot more important things in life!

I’ll let the 18-22 years olds play it

Is that why you constantly troll our board?***

Jun 10, 2019, 6:10 PM

Jun 10, 2019, 5:51 PM

Our kickoff returner just about broke the return after Butler’s FG. He got all the way down to about the UGA 30 before being pushed out of bounds with what appeared to be time left but a quick clock ended the game & denied Clemson the opportunity to kick a tying field goal.

Jun 10, 2019, 5:58 PM

There was like 2 seconds left . UGA clockster prematurely evacuated.

It was an ugly loss.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Announcers thought there was :01 left too

Jun 10, 2019, 6:08 PM [ in reply to Re: Always thought the UGA/Clemson series was best in country. Question... ]

I measured twice, and yielded 9.85 seconds and 9.90 seconds out of 11 seconds on clock used during kickoff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksfeVvytue8

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Announcers thought there was :01 left too

Jun 10, 2019, 6:48 PM

the announcer at the end said University of Georgia defeated the University of Clemson. Maybe that's where all the recruits get the University of...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 10, 2019, 8:35 PM [ in reply to Announcers thought there was :01 left too ]

I used to wear Brut... but then I grew up. VD was exactly that. He effed every recruit he ever signed, in spite of the money, and was the single most efficient violator of NCAA rules. Younger folks just can't understand, but the dawgs are, and always have been, our most heated and hated rivalry. Why the rest of the nation and CFB can't see that is a mystery to me, to this day. Can you imagine Florida not playing Georgia, Michigan mot playing OSU, 'Bamma not playing Auburn, Stanford not playing UCal, or Clemson not playing USuC? Of course there are many others, but Clemson should be playing UGA (almost) every year. Good school, but I hate them with a passion.

Go Tigers!!!

Jun 11, 2019, 12:32 AM

I used to wear Brut... but then I grew up. VD was exactly that. He effed every recruit he ever signed, in spite of the money, and was the single most efficient violator of NCAA rules. Younger folks just can't understand, but the dawgs are, and always have been, our most heated and hated rivalry. Why the rest of the nation and CFB can't see that is a mystery to me, to this day. Can you imagine Florida not playing Georgia, Michigan mot playing OSU, 'Bamma not playing Auburn, Stanford not playing UCal, or Clemson not playing USuC? Of course there are many others, but Clemson should be playing UGA (almost) every year. Good school, but I hate them with a passion.

Go Tigers!!!

Maybe it’s because somehow it’s not an annual matchup (like it should be) and played on Thanksgiving weekend (like it should be).

And not played in the ATL in a dome but in the real Death Valley and Sanford!

All the games in the 80's were great games.

Jun 10, 2019, 5:53 PM

Especially the ones y'all lost.

1987. My freshman year. Epic game.***

Jun 10, 2019, 7:01 PM

1981 - Nine UGA turnovers lol. Epic game.***

Jun 10, 2019, 8:54 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 10, 2019, 9:20 PM

The one where Herschel Walker scored all those TDs, oh wait never mind.

404..... FILE NOT FOUND...>>>>>>>>***

Jun 11, 2019, 1:13 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 11, 2019, 7:15 AM

I personally liked the game that Herschel fumbled the ball and CLEMSON recovered it and won the game. CLEMSON went on to win the National Championship. What made it extra delicious was the tears that my dawg co-worker had as we walked back to the car in silence. I think I smiled a little as we opened our car doors, and he threw his program over the roof at me. I laughed a lot that day.

True story:
My dawg co-worker was a huge fan and attended ALL UGA games. I read in the newspaper that morning that Dooley was starting a new program that he would give a "dog bone decal" when great plays were made, similar to Ohio State and their buckeyes, to place on their helmets. At work that day, I told my dawg co-worker that I was going to submit that plan to Dooley to see if that would help them play better. He went on and on about how stupid that idea was - until - he found out that it was Dooley's idea. :) The look on that dawg's face was priceless.

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic