Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Alcohol at clemson sporting events?!?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 60
| visibility 1

Alcohol at clemson sporting events?!?

Jan 25, 2018, 8:53 AM

Interesting this is being discussed. While I see some pros, there’s also some very large negatives..

Thoughts?!?

http://www.thestate.com/sports/college/acc/clemson-university/article196409719.html

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No alcohol inside the gates.

Jan 25, 2018, 8:54 AM

Thank you.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Alcohol sales could lead to a magistrate at the games...

Jan 25, 2018, 9:02 AM

it's an appointed position and might be a good look for you?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: No alcohol inside the gates.

Jan 25, 2018, 9:05 AM [ in reply to No alcohol inside the gates. ]

I hope this never happens. I believe traffic accidents would increase and some of our fan base would resemble coot fans during the game. We don't want either of things to happen.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm not sure this is a given

Jan 25, 2018, 9:17 AM

A) Alcohol in the stadium is going to be wicked expensive

B) People drink before/after the game to their heart's desire - I don't think having it available in the stadium would increase drunken driving.

Re: No alcohol inside the gates.

Jan 25, 2018, 10:10 AM [ in reply to Re: No alcohol inside the gates. ]

With the amount of people who go out at halftime to chug a few, and then after the game drink some more, I don't think that would really affect those situations that much.

Plus you'll be paying $8 for a 16 oz beer and no one is going to be drinking a lot of those.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A drunk isn’t worried about the money part.***

Jan 25, 2018, 10:21 AM

Depends on how wealthy the drunk is

Jan 25, 2018, 10:45 AM

I know my drunk-ass can't afford $8 beers!

“Would you like a second one for just $10 more?”***

Jan 25, 2018, 1:42 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

How many stadiums offer alcohol sales & have pass-outs?

Jan 25, 2018, 10:29 AM [ in reply to Re: No alcohol inside the gates. ]

I do not know nor care, but when you get Softball, something else is affected and we know football parking is going to be adversely so - the golden goose.

If you offer an alternative to pass-outs, you're going to carry the inventory and manage all the liability that goes with alcohol sales, then something is likely to be affected?

I hope this never happens

Jan 25, 2018, 9:10 AM

As the father of a 9-year old football fanatic, I have never had any issues inside DV where no alcohol is served. But taking him to a Panthers game on Sundays, or the ACCCG where alcohol is served and it's a different experience.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

GWP nailed it! He's exactly right! Just go to a

Jan 25, 2018, 9:30 AM

Panthers or Falcons home game and witness the difference. One guy was so drunk he spilled his entire beer on my son sitting in front of him. Then there is always the swearing and fighting. Some fans even throw things at players and officials! Can't you imagine how drunk, or stupid or both, they must be? ??

Re: I hope this never happens

Jan 25, 2018, 10:58 AM [ in reply to I hope this never happens ]

I remember they sold alcohol at the Jets Panthers game at DV and the guy next to us had a stack of empty beer cups - we were in the North Upperdeck and he bout died going down the stairs after the game...

Alcohol is said to be a mood enhancer- but what if you are an A$$whole?

Re: I hope this never happens

Jan 25, 2018, 1:11 PM

I was up there too. The poor EMS folks were having to treat drunk, heat stroke football fans near the tippy top. It was like beer was being outlawed and this was their last chance to drink a cold one.

CUvsFSU2011win

-- Too many daughters and not enough bullets. --

We are not NASCAR.

Jan 25, 2018, 9:12 AM

HTH

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Then how do you explain us playing UT at Bristol?***

Jan 25, 2018, 9:14 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: Then how do you explain us playing UT at Bristol?***

Jan 25, 2018, 9:49 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Drad has stated we are NOT playing UT at Bristol because

Jan 25, 2018, 10:03 AM

due to NASCAR rules, ALL plays, running and passing, can only go to the right! ??

Wouldn't that be left?***

Jan 25, 2018, 10:12 AM

No reason to bring politics into this***

Jan 25, 2018, 10:14 AM

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

I'm still waiting on a response from queenie, has anyone

Jan 25, 2018, 10:21 AM

seen her?

Not since B-Meist swung the big stick

Jan 25, 2018, 10:30 AM

She was banned?! I'm in shock, what did she ever do to

Jan 25, 2018, 10:33 AM

deserve that?

Queenie went over the edge...

Jan 25, 2018, 10:35 AM [ in reply to I'm still waiting on a response from queenie, has anyone ]

Selling alcohol is usually what stadiums do when there

Jan 25, 2018, 9:13 AM

is no other reason to attend a sporting event there. Gotta draw a crowd somehow.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Are you suggesting serving booze in Littlejohn?

Jan 25, 2018, 9:19 AM

What goes on in Littlejohn other than graduation?***

Jan 25, 2018, 10:02 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'd support this

Jan 25, 2018, 9:18 AM

Then I wouldn't have to walk out to tailgate at halftime to get my buzz back with a couple beers.

Re: I'd support this

Jan 25, 2018, 9:42 AM

Mini bottles or an easily concealable flask will hook you right up my Tiger friend.

Jan 25, 2018, 10:32 AM

If you do not drink during the game, that's 4 hours of not drinking so I don't see how one can say it would not affect anyone. Would you rather encounter someone on the roadway that has been drinking for 4 hours or 8 hours ?

Jan 25, 2018, 10:47 AM

A lot of people leave and drink during halftime, as well as after the game some people will drink a few.

Assuming people aren't drinking for four hours and leave right after the game is pretty naive.

Jan 25, 2018, 11:11 AM [ in reply to Re: I'd support this ]

1. Games aren't 4 hours

2. People drink after the game, and in larger quantities than they would had they been able to drink in the game

Yeah I'd rather not risk being kicked out of DV

Jan 25, 2018, 1:42 PM [ in reply to Re: I'd support this ]

They frisk me at the gate all the time - I guess I look like a bottle smuggler...

Alcohol sold inside DV would be the beginning of the end

Jan 25, 2018, 9:20 AM

of rushing the field after the game. First complaint about a drunk getting in the face of an opponent would bring it to an end...and deservingly so.

Re: Alcohol sold inside DV would be the beginning of the end

Jan 25, 2018, 11:25 AM

> of rushing the field after the game. First complaint
> about a drunk getting in the face of an opponent
> would bring it to an end...and deservingly so.

I think that's going to come to an end soon anyway. People never wait & immediately run out onto the field. One incident and it's over. I hate it as I loved going on the field when I was a kid and being able to meet/talk with the players.

Let's keep Clemson a family experience inside the stadium

Jan 25, 2018, 9:21 AM

I know I will get a lot of thumbs down but that's ok. I'm very much against beer and any other alcoholic beverages in the stadium. I hate it at pro games when there are so many people fighting and being poor examples in front of my three kids. And that's just my inlaws I'm referring to!! Please no alcohol ?? in the stadium. I know people sneak in mini bottles and other liquor and beer but they keep it together for the most part because they don't want to get kicked out. It's just my opinion and it's easy for me because I don't drink anyway. But I don't judge those who do until they get drunk ??

There's something innocent about the $7 sodas, $5 hot dogs,

Jan 25, 2018, 10:14 AM

and $9 dollar nachos being the only options.

Oh, and don't forget the $12 dipping dots.

THINK OF THE KIDS

Jan 25, 2018, 1:43 PM [ in reply to Let's keep Clemson a family experience inside the stadium ]

And just ignore the fact that alchohol is sold in many college stadiums with no problems whatsoever.

No Please!***

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"No please" as in you don't want it or

Jan 25, 2018, 10:15 AM

"No, please" as in you do?

Re: Alcohol at clemson sporting events?!?

Please no. Too much bad comes with not having a cut off for people. I drink prior, but it's nice giving everyone a way to sober up before the rides home. And it would cause way too many people who over-indulge a way to be the biggest jerks in front of many kids who shouldn't have to see that.

I've already purchased and drank beer in Memorial Stadium

Jan 25, 2018, 9:31 AM

Watched John Elway beat the panthers.

Don't Do It

Jan 25, 2018, 10:06 AM

Enough adult beverages are consumed before and after the game. If you can't go three hours without a drink, then stay in the parking lot and enjoy the game while you drink. BY the way I enjoy adult beverages but, they have no place in the stadium. Remember the ruckus at the ACCCG. JMO.

no reason to do this. Someone is looking to make an extra

Jan 25, 2018, 10:00 AM

buck at the expense of a wonderful environment.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

not a good idea - except for maybe

Jan 25, 2018, 10:03 AM

orange and purple jello shots

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Jan 25, 2018, 10:06 AM

When the last time you guys sat on the hill? That's where the action happens..

That clear water bottle? That isn't water in that bottle ;)

That Coke that looks like it has coke in it? that's a nice Bourbon for ya...

And that bottle filled with a gold substance? Well, that right there might just be ####. Be careful ;)

Why not until half-time or something?

Jan 25, 2018, 10:18 AM

nm

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 25, 2018, 10:24 AM

Not no but hell no. Jmho. To borrow phrasing from DW4- let’s be different!!! No need to cop to every little whim. Serves no purpose at college games nor does it add to any experience.

Don’t follow drad- lead.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There is plenty of alky in the parking lots ...

Jan 25, 2018, 10:29 AM

no need to bring it in the stadium ...

don't want my shoes soaked with beer by some sloshed college kid trying to stagger his way down the row to his seat. No thanks.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Smuggle your booze in your crotch like God intended

Jan 25, 2018, 10:37 AM

Dang millenials... easy access to free pron isn't enough. Now they want their booze handed to them also.

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

It's a slippery slope. Next, they'll be trying to sell crack and have brothels in the concourse

Jan 25, 2018, 10:52 AM

No one will be watching the game, but hitting rocks and prancing around with Siameses twin ladyboy midgets identifying as sea otters.

Re: It's a slippery slope. Next, they'll be trying to sell crack and have brothels in the concourse

Jan 25, 2018, 12:16 PM

LMAO.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please NO!***

Jan 25, 2018, 10:53 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's absolutely NO problems with allowing it

Jan 25, 2018, 11:09 AM

as long as the don't let anyone drink it.

Especially TNetters.

And extra especially LBB.

REALLY bad idea.

Jan 25, 2018, 12:09 PM

So many reasons have already been mentioned.

I understand the siren song of more revenue, and it seems very real because it is so easily calculated. It is also pretty easy to calculate some of the costs such as liability, labor, etc. in order to run a cost-benefit analysis. However, one reason tickets are in such high demand is the family friendly atmosphere inside and outside of the stadium. Alcohol sales inside would seriously jeopardize that atmosphere, and any resulting loss in ticket revenue and IPTAY donations would be hard to attribute to alcohol sales and therefore hard to quantify and therefore would seem less real.

Sure, folks drink before and after, but that 3-4 hour break during the game certainly helps moderate the consumption and the negative effects, even if folks go back to the cars at halftime. It would be naïve to think otherwise. Yes, some folks bring it in, but that does not mean it is a good idea to allow more folks to bring it in. Hell, some folks drive drunk anyway, might as well make it legal, right?

Take a look at this honest assessment of game time linked below. Pay special attention to the contrast made between a Clemson game and a pro game in the section labeled "How was it?".

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/message/Reflections-on-a-game-unattended---long-12739497#12739497

I would enjoy a beer or two before the game, but I am absolutely opposed to consumption inside the stadium.

UT-Austin sold beer this year with absolutely no issues***

Jan 25, 2018, 1:40 PM

Re: UT-Austin sold beer this year with absolutely no issues***

Jan 25, 2018, 3:46 PM

I suppose it depends on how "issues" is defined. If "issues" are defined as brawls, major upticks in drunk driving, etc, then I would agree, that probably will not happen. My definition of "issues" is drunks staggering around getting in shoving matches, hurling the F bomb, spilling beer, etc. These would not make the news, but I think they would increase and dramatically change the in-stadium atmosphere in the negative direction.

I know fans there, and they said there was no difference***

Jan 26, 2018, 8:59 AM

Jan 25, 2018, 12:56 PM

No thank you. Seems like most people that want it are able to get it on their own.

UT-Austin sold beer this year with absolutely no issues

Jan 25, 2018, 1:41 PM

I'm not sure why everyone thinks our fanbase can't handle alcohol sales without ruining the game for people...

No...Please God, just NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO***

Jan 25, 2018, 3:50 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 60
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic