Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Just suppose on Tuesday night the committee does something
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

Just suppose on Tuesday night the committee does something

Oct 29, 2018, 7:56 AM

weird and has us at 3 or even 4. Don't worry about it. In the final analysis, in December when Notre Dame (if they go undefeated, which I doubt) is 12-0 and we are 13-0 the committee will have at least three games of common opponents to look at (Wake, FSU and Syracuse) So fare we have beat those three teams by a combined score of 149-33. So far ND has a win over Wake 56-27. They need to score ninety three points combined versus FSU and Syracuse while giving up less than 6 combined. I don't see them doing either. In fact I have them losing one of those two.

LSU, let's be real, they ain't beating Bama. Two losses, they're done.

Michigan, they might get there with one loss and if they do they have a legit shot of taking the two slot.

Georgia or UK, either one picks up loss number two in SEC championship game. Done.

Oklahoma might get there but would unlikely take the two or three spot.

Ohio State, if they right the ship and win out still has a disastrous loss. Number 4 at best.

UCF could actually sneak in if Michigan, Oklahoma and Ohio State all crap the bed coming home.

PAC 12, nope they're done.

No one lower than 11 right now going up that high unless WVU runs the table, which is not out of the question with OKlahoma at home.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wash. State is still alive in the PAC12... Need help,tho...***

Oct 29, 2018, 8:08 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

For the most part the Committee has done a pretty good job

Oct 29, 2018, 8:30 AM

of looking past the ESecPN rhetoric and looked at the metrics. They seem to put emphasis on where a team is at the moment and the way they are playing. I think we will be at 2 Tuesday night; wouldn't be surprised if we are 1.

But like you said no need to worry about it, win out and we'll be 1 or 2 at season's end.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not shot in #### Bama isn’t #1 tomorrow.

Oct 29, 2018, 8:40 AM

Especially with the big game this weekend against LSU. Bama has been the #1 team in the country so far from week 1 until now and I think all of us can agree on that. However, with our play lately, we’ve certainly closed the gap. Accordingly, no shot we are lower than 2.

As for 3 and 4, I’d expect it to be LSU and ND. The order is irrelevant at this point but I think it’ll be LSU at 3. The first two teams out will probably be Michigan and UGA.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Just suppose on Tuesday night the committee does something

Oct 29, 2018, 8:38 AM

First off, I think we’ll be in top 2 tomorrow night. While some have dissed Bama’s SOS, they beat aTm fairly easy, so they’ll be 1 (check Coaches and AP polls).

The one thing that I am uncomfortable with is Bama at LSU. This IS college football; Bama does ‘slip up’ against good reg season opponents; so it COULD happen. IF they do, I see a repeat of last year with us and them in the semis (1 vs 4), and I do not like that.

But I also feel a LOT better about where we are both on offense and defense this year, so as Dabo says: bring ‘em on!

GO TIGERS!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

they aren't going to have us 3 or 4.

Oct 29, 2018, 8:42 AM

the committee will do everything in its power not to have Clemson and Alabama meet in the first round. Last year got screwed up because both Georgia and Alabama were in. We're clearly the two best teams in the country so they'll get spot number one and we'll be right behind them, not because the committee thinks they are really better than we are, but because they rightfully get the one spot until they lose to somebody.

Alabama was included last year...

Oct 29, 2018, 8:46 AM

because of two reasons. The committee watches games and saw that Bama was deserving of a playoff seed. They also respected Bama for reloading with talent no matter how many players left for the NFL year after year.

I expect no less out of them this season. Basically, their jobs are to seed Clemson and Bama and pick out the best two teams to match up with the top two. They rightly seeded us #4 last year when we didn't belong. We needed a quarterback. Last year it mattered, we might have beaten the #2 or #3 seeds on coaching talent.

We are the most complete team in the country this season. It doesn't take a computer and a statmaster to know that. All it takes is a TV hooked to a antenna and a pair of eyes hooked to half a brain.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Alabama was included last year...

Oct 29, 2018, 8:59 AM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't we the #1 seed and Bama the #4 seed last year?

Re: Alabama was included last year...

Oct 29, 2018, 9:07 AM

Correct

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We’ll be #2 tonight!***

Oct 29, 2018, 9:41 AM

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic