Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Age of current recruits, last time your team won the NATTY!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 915

Age of current recruits, last time your team won the NATTY!

May 21, 2019, 10:50 AM

Clemson - 17
Alabama - 16
Ohio St - 13
Florida St - 12
Auburn - 9
Florida - 7
LSU - 6
Texas - 4
USC - 3
Miami - 1

Not listed = Not born.

(from Twitter)

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Age of current recruits, last time your team won the NATTY!

May 21, 2019, 11:06 AM

This is with the assumption that rising seniors were already 17 in early January.

For many of the 2020 recruits, Miami(game Jan 3, 2002) may not actually be on the list.

Re: Age of current recruits, last time your team won the NATTY!

May 21, 2019, 11:33 AM

And honestly, kids younger than freshmen in HS probably aren't paying attention anyway.

That sorta favors the current champs and those 2nd place guys.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's wild. For me graduating HS in 2000 it looked like

May 21, 2019, 11:34 AM

this:

FSU - 17
Tennessee - 16
Michigan - 15
Nebraska - 15
Florida - 14
Alabama - 10
Miami - 9
Washington - 9
Colorado - 8
Georgia Tech - 8
Notre Dame - 6

I'm just going to stop there, because i really remember almost nothing beyond Alabama ending the Miami run in 1992. The teams i considered to be the powerhouses at the time were basically the ones that won titles when i was a teenager. Nebraska, FSU, Tennessee, Florida, and Michigan.

When i was a teenager ND was practically already just a folk legend. I saw one really good team in 1993 that choked to BC after beating FSU and that was basically the end of their relevancy. I heard tales about USC and OJ Simpson (etc) being great, but they were always terrible when i was a kid. The Colorado/GT thing seemed like a myth. I couldn't believe that a) a team got away with a 5th down, or b) GT was ever remotely good enough to win a national title - that just seemed too far fetched even just a scant few years after it happened. Listening to my grandfather talk about Clemson winning the national title in 1981 i felt like i was hearing some tale from his childhood akin to him taking a train to Porter Military Academy.

My point is just that the majority of these kids have only ever seen Tennessee suck, Florida sputter along winning 8-9 games, Texas as a mediocre 8 win type of program, Michigan choke in big games and plateau at 10 wins, and USC struggle both to win games on the field and with incompetence in the AD. What Nebraska and FSU were to me growing up in the 90s is what Alabama and Clemson have been to these kids. By far the two most dominant programs during the most impressionable years of their lives.

Replies: 3
| visibility 915
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic