Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Again..what is the problem (seemingly) of great talent not taking DaBO up to play at Clemson?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1,787

Again..what is the problem (seemingly) of great talent not taking DaBO up to play at Clemson?

Jan 8, 2019, 6:01 PM

I know it goes back to wanting to play immediately, Daddy played elsewhere, SEC hype, getting to pro’s due to postion school is known to teach up best, etc..

But too many to me seem to just overlook us all too easily.

BUT, in that Clemson destroyed SEC Big Boy Alabama maybe recruits will get over the lovefest. .

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Precision Recruiting

Jan 8, 2019, 6:05 PM

Dabo and co. don't "carpet bomb" recruits. Instead they use "precision strikes" to go after exactly the players they want.
If they didn't get some 5 star kid in believe and trust "they know something about the kids work ethic or some other red flag"!
I wouldn't worry about it much; these kids tend to want to stay and graduate instead of just using the school to hop to the league! They care more and work harder and often reach the heights the coaches envisioned when they brought them in.( Boulware, Renfrow, Jarrett)!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I thought our players looked pretty great destroying UA

Jan 8, 2019, 6:16 PM

Dabo gets who he wants, not who everyone thinks he should sign. Of course, every coach loses out on some, like Justyn Ross.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Re: Again..what is the problem (seemingly) of great talent not taking DaBO up to play at Clemson?

Jan 8, 2019, 6:21 PM

Yep, but it's rare that the recruit you missed on rips your heart out 11 months later in the championship game as a true freshman.

Message was edited by: keith75®

Message was edited by: keith75®

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was told

Jan 8, 2019, 6:53 PM

while on tour of the new facility in 2016, that Brad Scott vets the recruits (along with player interactions) and they don't take players because they're highly rated. They have to fit the program.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

What are you talking about?

Jan 8, 2019, 7:02 PM

We get plenty of great players. Trevor Lawrence is a 5 star recruit, and arguably the highest rated QB ever.

Justyn Ross, Jackson Carman, etc. are just a few recent 5 stars on our team. We now get several each recruiting class.

We don't get all of the top players, but no one does.

I love where our recruiting is right now. We get many of the players we want, who fit the culture of our program (very talented, hard working, respectful, smart, etc.). And we also win national championships. :)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

We missed on 5-star Patrick Surtain then we abused him ...

Jan 8, 2019, 7:53 PM

... with 5-stars Justyn Ross, Tee Higgins, and Trevor Lawrence.

In general, we get the players we really want ... or struggles with OL notwithstanding.

Even that weakness appears to be changing for the better.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 1,787
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic