Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
After rewatching it several times, the best part of the Title game by far
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

After rewatching it several times, the best part of the Title game by far

Jan 19, 2019, 7:52 PM

Was watching Alabama's greatest Offense in program history, on what was supposed to be the greatest team in history, decline their last possession of the 1st Half & take 3 timeouts into the locker room down 15 points. It doesn't get any better than that as far as owning your opponent. Since Bama received the 2nd half kick, they had a chance at 2 scoring opportunities before our offense could get the ball back, but were being so out-schemed, couldn't risk another Turnover

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Re: After rewatching it several times, the best part of the Title game by far

Jan 19, 2019, 7:54 PM

That was something.
I still prefer the fake field goal. The way the holder stares hard at the sidelines, not believing the call, and then a sad little nod.
Hilarity ensues.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Jan 19, 2019, 7:57 PM

The fake field goal call was desperation.

Running out the clock with 30 seconds left, all three timeouts, Tua T. as your quarterback, that insane quartet of receivers, and the TE Smith . . . that was COWARDICE.

Message was edited by: Bama Tiger®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Not nitpicking, but there was 45 seconds left

Jan 19, 2019, 8:15 PM

With all 3 timeouts, a good offensive team can
at least get in field goal position if not a TD.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Not nitpicking, but there was 45 seconds left

Jan 19, 2019, 8:20 PM

True, but I was thinking of the amount of time left after their first play was run. I was thinking, "Okay, they're going to have to take their first timeout now," and then looked at the clock winding down: 31, 30, 29, 28 . . . "What the hell are they doing? They're not really packing it in, are they? Holy ####!"

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Maybe Nick had to #2.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I loved it when they punted in the 4th quarter

###? Have they no pride? Just totally gave up.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes, before the half and the 4th qtr punt were both "No Mas"

Jan 19, 2019, 8:15 PM

moments.

Re: I loved it when they punted in the 4th quarter

Jan 19, 2019, 10:45 PM [ in reply to I loved it when they punted in the 4th quarter ]

It's great to watch a team surrender. The 4th quarter punt. The meaningless FG. It's beautiful. We've done it to so many CFB bluebloods:

#4 Oklahoma 2015
#7 Miami 2017
#3 Notre Dame and #1 Alabama 2018

(I will give 0hi0 State credit—they went down with the ship.)

Saban has lost confidence in All-World Tua...

Jan 19, 2019, 7:59 PM

..at that point and was afraid of him making another stupid play...

Re: Saban has lost confidence in All-World Tua...

Jan 20, 2019, 1:31 PM

When fear of humiliation weighs more than taking it like a man,you depend on your opponents mercy... I would not have told the backups to apply the brakes...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 19, 2019, 8:28 PM

We could not believe it at the game. You could tell if Clemson made a stop coming out of the half it was over.

Message was edited by: reynolds®

Jan 19, 2019, 8:35 PM

Has the game been uploaded to YouTube yet? I can't seem to find it on there.

I have watched it 6 times

Jan 19, 2019, 8:37 PM

The bottom line:

The Clemson coaches completely out coached Bama at every level. They put the Bama coaches in a position of discomfort and they never recovered.

Above that bottom-line, Clemson players who know how to give 110% for 60 minutes!

That and Trevor's 50/50 throws*

*watch the sideline replay of the Natty with SEC crew. Count how many times THEY say "that throw was right on the money" (or something like that) It's a bunch!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Jan 19, 2019, 9:43 PM

TL standing behind the Tiger Wall throwing javelins to the spear catchers. All the wide receivers and running backs caught the spear.

10:02 drive starting at the 1ft line was the topping on the beatdown cake.

Jan 19, 2019, 10:35 PM

We were one snap away from dropping 50 on Bama. But we had a trophy to pick up and a Natty to celebrate.

Jan 19, 2019, 10:32 PM

My favorite moment was the look on Tua's face when he threw the 2nd interception.

He get a smile on his face, he starts to raise his hands, then... oh... that wasn't supposed to happen.

He didn't take any more downfield shots after that.

Jan 19, 2019, 10:54 PM

For me it was the long 10 minute drive in the fourth quarter that was a thing of beautY.

*1st half***

Jan 20, 2019, 2:50 AM

Mere flim-flam stories and nothing but shams and lies

Jan 20, 2019, 6:31 AM

Not as exciting or fulfilling as the other events mentioned in this thread - but I felt like when Saban went for a first down on fourth and one on his own 35 in the first half showed that he knew he had to score a lot and keep the ball out of the hands of our offense..... ie the beginning of desperation!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Jan 20, 2019, 1:42 PM

Much like 2015 with the desperation on-side kick... The Bama Magic was is full launch mode then... If (my Aunt had them she would be my Uncle)we had covered that kick,it would be 3 Trophies in 4 years...So that may have been a blessing in disguise, just to keep some humility...

Nick thought he might need to settle his QB down.

Jan 20, 2019, 6:41 AM

On top of that Tua's 'goto,' play was for all practical purposes taken out of the playbook. Imo, it became obvious that Bama's Oline just wasn't going to be able to give Tua a clean backfield. Tua freaked when an orange jersey entered his domain.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That is great. But the 10 minute drive by our offense to

Jan 20, 2019, 8:31 AM

end game has to be the best part of that beatdown IMO!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: That is great. But the 10 minute drive by our offense to

Jan 20, 2019, 1:46 PM

The OL had been maligned for SO MANY years, it was great to see them keep TL from from winding up in ICU, like a lot of folks predicted...

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic