Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
We are in the tourney guys
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

We are in the tourney guys

May 22, 2019, 8:55 PM

All the projections have us as a 3 seed and most do not have us even in the last 5. Sorry to break the doubters hearts but we will get a chance. Ofcourse we have to play much much better but we can get hot and win imo. I believe guys!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We are in the tourney guys

May 22, 2019, 9:13 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

Many on here are weary of lackluster performances . . .

May 22, 2019, 9:26 PM

unwarranted losses and repeated hitting ineptness . . . to the point that they no longer wish to watch our guys play.

I am of a different mindset . . . I would love for them to get another chance . . . I would be excited to watch them face any team, anywhere in a Regional

I am not saying they are deserving . . . nor am I saying they will rise to the occasion . . . I haven't a clue!!!

Is it likely that we'll get more of the "status quo"? . . . Yes, indeed it is . . . but . . . could the light come on? . . . could this group come together and play for each other, like we have not seen this year? . . . could there be a three or four game stretch where we play over our heads?

Guys, in this team I see more potential than many of our previous ones . . . these guys aren't slouches . . . these guys are better than they have been showing . . .

I would love to see if they can find their way . . . it is why we play the game . . . it is why we love college sports!!!

Turn the page . . . and let's Go Tigers!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 22, 2019, 9:29 PM

Honestly who cares if we are in or out? I hate to say it but the highs and many many lows with this team don’t have me excited one way or another. We get in, great, we don’t great. One extends us 3 games max, the other our season is over tomorrow. In the end, who cares about a postseason when there is 0 chance to advance. Not sure even the biggest sunshine pumpers can argue the fact we aren’t playing good baseball right now and this team lacks fundamental situational understanding of the game.

Should our excitement for these Tigers . . .

May 22, 2019, 10:08 PM

be based on whether they play the game the way we know and understand it? . . . or . . . Should our excitement for them be because they are Tigers, who have represented our University AND us well?

I am not a "Sunshine Pumper" by any means . . . Our brand of baseball is not how I was taught, not how I grew up playing

My support of these guys does not "depend" on how they play . . . rather, they have it because of who they are . . .

They Are Tigers . . . and I'll be excited for them every time they take the field.

I am honestly sorry that you don't care.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 22, 2019, 10:29 PM [ in reply to Re: We are in the tourney guys ]

We can certainly advance. We may not ofcourse but we have beaten teams that will likely advance. Now if we lose a game I doubt we have the pitching to come back but we could win 3 straight imo. Not saying it's going to happen but there is a chance.

May 22, 2019, 9:32 PM

Tigers. In. Hope. Pray. Screw the Na sayers..

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 22, 2019, 10:34 PM

the last few years we had really good regular seasons and then pooped the bed in regionals. So maybe it we could have some reverse-psychology where we do great in regionals because the regular season was bleh

After a 20 inning game

May 22, 2019, 10:37 PM

Against the Mutts - if we are tourney bound it’s a 3 seed @ UGA against either Big 12 opponent like Baylor or Mid-level Dallas Baptist type squad

Re: After a 20 inning game

May 22, 2019, 11:23 PM

D Baptist may be classified as a mid major but they out recruited us in 2015 and 2016. They’re classes were 17th and 19th respectfully compared to us at 24th and 34th respectfully... those are your seniors and juniors that are now playing.

Our 15 class. Jordan Greene, Brooks Crawford. 16- Spiers, Michael Green, Mat Clark, Wilkie, Marr???? - who I still can’t believe got the start Tuesday over Lindley who pitched a great game against coastal... smh

gobin, and Owen Griffith. Lastly, our star of that class was Logan. Byrd was a transfer as was sommerfeld. Only top 100 perfect game recruit was Logan.

That’s the reason Monte has been playing the young pups. Most of those recruits were 500 + or not rated. So, imho the guys we run onto the field have really out performed. That’s why it’s redic to call for Monte’s head. Helps on the way.

Different story in 17-18 class and hopefully 19.

And no, the reporter that Monte blew up was Not talking about pitching Mat... he was asking why Monte chose to not keep the weekly rotation of either askew or Lindley. The reporter should have asked specifically about those two. Monte assumed he was talking about Mat and went Dabo on the guy.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 23, 2019, 9:21 AM [ in reply to After a 20 inning game ]

Just because a projection has the Tigers going to UGA does not mean it will happen.

The people who make those projection have no communication with the tournament committee.

We could go anywhere, including to UGA, but there are no guarantees.

May 23, 2019, 9:27 AM

Most projections have us at Miss St. Ofcourse as you say that means nothing.

May 23, 2019, 9:16 AM

FYI a 3 seed is the last hope for teams from major conferences. They don’t give 4 seeds to teams like us. Not saying we aren’t making the tourney but we’re not comfortably in due to a 3 seed projection.

May 23, 2019, 9:28 AM

Well ofcourse but we are also not on the bubble on the projections I have looked at. Who knows how the committee will look at us. We need to win today to help our chances but if most projections have us in that means something imo.

Road Trip ! West Coast ... Here comes the Tigers !***

May 23, 2019, 9:30 AM

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic