Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Some Legislators Want A Copy Of Trump's Taxes for Past Years
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 70
| visibility 1

Some Legislators Want A Copy Of Trump's Taxes for Past Years

Apr 7, 2019, 6:38 PM

And I'm in favor of that request plus one addition. Every Representative and Senator, regardless of party affiliation, must do the same thing and all documents must be made available to the public.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If the courts allow this

Apr 7, 2019, 6:41 PM

I hope Congress realizes that the President can request tax returns on any of them, of which most dont disclose either. And I'm betting this President will do just that

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Actually, he can't.

Apr 7, 2019, 7:04 PM

Ever since Nixon went after perceived enemies, there have been rules to keep someone like Trump from using the executive departments to punish his enemies or enrich himself.

Re: Actually, he can't.

Apr 7, 2019, 7:09 PM

It didn’t stop Obama from using the IRS to attack conservatives groups like the tea party.

Re: Actually, he can't.

Apr 7, 2019, 7:48 PM

It’s ok if you’re on the right side of history or something.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Didn't stop 44, why would it stop 45?***

Apr 8, 2019, 4:05 PM [ in reply to Actually, he can't. ]

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

no he can't. the executive branch doesn't have

Apr 8, 2019, 7:50 PM [ in reply to If the courts allow this ]

that authority.

Most of them already do that.

Apr 7, 2019, 7:00 PM

Trump was the first one since Johnson, and nobody cared about his taxes. We didn't think the president could be an abject crook until Nixon.

He’ll appeal it all the way to the Supreme Court, this isn’t

Apr 7, 2019, 7:03 PM

Constitutional. If their was a problem with his taxes the IRS would audit him not a house committee, this is political theater and unfortunately the media in this country plays along.

Re: He’ll appeal it all the way to the Supreme Court, this isn’t

Apr 7, 2019, 7:06 PM

He said he can't show his taxes because he claims that he is being audited at the moment. Doesn't make sense, but that's what he stated.

Re: He’ll appeal it all the way to the Supreme Court, this isn’t

Apr 7, 2019, 7:14 PM

And a house subcommittee isn’t a court of law, nor does it have a legal right to his tax returns.

They just hope to find something to hurt him politically.

Apr 7, 2019, 7:50 PM

It’s not a question of legality. I wonder if the media will play along?? LOL.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

The law is the law

Apr 7, 2019, 7:08 PM [ in reply to He’ll appeal it all the way to the Supreme Court, this isn’t ]

there's no room to interpret that particular law. It's not ambiguous at all. We all have questions. Such as, in 2009 when Donald Trump stopped paying loan installments to Deutsche Banke and instead sued them for partially causing the banking crisis, why did they lend him money afterwards? He would have been irrevocably broke that time (not that we think he actually has two nickels to rub together that aren't owed to China, Germany or Russia).

We do all have questions

Apr 7, 2019, 7:19 PM

Mine is why isn't Hillary in jail ?

Most people don't understand this

Apr 7, 2019, 7:26 PM

Her unclassified email server had some classified information on it - sent from other government employees using unclassified government computers. In that situation, it's not the recipient who get's prosecuted; it's the sender. The crime first occurs when that general, undersecretary, etc. types out classified information on the unclassified computer. Think about it this way: if somebody with a grudge decides to mail you something illegal - drugs, explosives, child ####, whatever - who do you think should be prosecuted?

Re: Most people don't understand this

Apr 7, 2019, 7:31 PM

How do we know, we didn't get all that was on it, only what she gave us after she wiped it, remember , like with a cloth.

And like he said, the law is the law....there is your

Apr 8, 2019, 1:49 PM

obstruction of justice....

Apr 8, 2019, 5:26 PM [ in reply to Re: Most people don't understand this ]

If you’re such an ardent supporter of Trump you should change your handle to GOPtigers and something else because he’s no man of God.

Apr 8, 2019, 7:45 PM

Where did I say I was a Trump supporter? I didn't see that anywhere .

Apr 7, 2019, 7:37 PM [ in reply to Most people don't understand this ]

Her unclassified email server had some classified information on it - sent from other government employees using unclassified government computers. In that situation, it's not the recipient who get's prosecuted; it's the sender. The crime first occurs when that general, undersecretary, etc. types out classified information on the unclassified computer. Think about it this way: if somebody with a grudge decides to mail you something illegal - drugs, explosives, child ####, whatever - who do you think should be prosecuted?

Re: Most people don't understand this***

Apr 7, 2019, 7:38 PM [ in reply to Most people don't understand this ]

Re: Most people don't understand this***

Apr 7, 2019, 7:38 PM [ in reply to Most people don't understand this ]

Apr 7, 2019, 7:40 PM [ in reply to Most people don't understand this ]

Because the person had people send classified to the email account.

The crime first occurred when she set up her own

Apr 7, 2019, 7:59 PM [ in reply to Most people don't understand this ]

server for official email to circumvent records laws, regardless of who else may have committed that exact same crime before her. Her criminality continued through directing subordinates to remove classified headers and email her info on her BlackBerry. It continued through directing the smashing of BlackBerrys with hammers and wiping the illegal server with BleachBit, which to Saint Comey was not indicative of intent. LOL. She should be in jail. But so should Jesse Smollet.

Re: The crime first occurred when she set up her own

Apr 8, 2019, 12:18 PM

Before the election, Trump said he would lock her up. Sounds like a lie or a broken promise.

Apr 8, 2019, 3:20 PM

No he didn’t

Apr 8, 2019, 3:21 PM [ in reply to The crime first occurred when she set up her own ]

server for official email to circumvent records laws, regardless of who else may have committed that exact same crime before her. Her criminality continued through directing subordinates to remove classified headers and email her info on her BlackBerry. It continued through directing the smashing of BlackBerrys with hammers and wiping the illegal server with BleachBit, which to Saint Comey was not indicative of intent. LOL. She should be in jail. But so should Jesse Smollet.

most don’t understand this

come on bruh***

Apr 8, 2019, 9:11 AM [ in reply to Most people don't understand this ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 8, 2019, 9:58 PM [ in reply to Most people don't understand this ]

That's not the case with her. She directed them to use her server. She responded to the e-mails. It was common practice, not an isolated incident.

Archie ####. You liberals make me sick

Apr 8, 2019, 11:03 PM [ in reply to Most people don't understand this ]

Almost as bad as a coot!

37% pulse..***

Apr 8, 2019, 11:12 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We do all have questions

Apr 7, 2019, 7:33 PM [ in reply to We do all have questions ]

Because after 11 hours of questioning and trying their best to find something they couldn't. If just dislikling someone was a jail worthy offense then maybe you'd get your wish. I'm not a Hilary supporter but the haters need to move on. IMHO ???

Apr 8, 2019, 9:01 AM

It’s obvious where you don’t work in Aiken. Otherwise you would know without a shadow of a doubt she should be in prison. Reality Winner says hello too by the way.....

Apr 8, 2019, 3:00 PM [ in reply to Re: We do all have questions ]

This corruption will only get worse if those who broke the law are not held liable and sent to jail......and no they do not need to spend anymore time investigating Hilary.....they already have enough evidence to lock her up for a 1000 years if they wanted too.....and that is the problem right there.....the ones who have the authority to charge her and do the right thing (aka follow the laws) keep looking the other way......Go Tigers!!!!!

Apr 8, 2019, 4:58 PM

Ignoring #45 and what he's doing can't be ignored either. Yet, he'll never be charged with anything. Politicians in Washington are above the law. Much like North Carolina is above being punished. It's all about who you are. Sucks but true.

Apr 8, 2019, 8:26 PM

Exactly what is Trump doing wrong.....Making America Great again is not exactly a bad thing ......we really needed someone like Trump to come along after the previous administration which wasted $10 trillion dollars, corrupted nearly every federal agency, put 5 million Americans on food stamps, and did not help create the first private job.....at least Jimmie Carter can thank Obama because now he will not go down as the worse President in the history of the US.....which will come to light sometime in the future because corruption and all those lies cannot be covered up forever.....the truth will eventually rise to the top ......Go Tigers!!!!!

She's not in the white house so it's not a priority

Apr 8, 2019, 8:07 PM [ in reply to We do all have questions ]

Our two party system gave us two of the worse human beings to choose. If Dems had a do over and you said anyone but Hillary will win, they still would not get out of their own way. The GOP does not even exist anymore. We can only hope some new parties come into being, but that won't happen short of massive turmoil. There could be worse times to live in.

Re: The law is the law

Apr 8, 2019, 9:00 PM [ in reply to The law is the law ]

there's no room to interpret that particular law. It's not ambiguous at all. We all have questions. Such as, in 2009 when Donald Trump stopped paying loan installments to Deutsche Banke and instead sued them for partially causing the banking crisis, why did they lend him money afterwards? He would have been irrevocably broke that time (not that we think he actually has two nickels to rub together that aren't owed to China, Germany or Russia).

The election is over! Honor and Respect the office of President of the USA!

That is one of the first important lessons that I learned when I took the oath, and joined the military. They call it Basic Training for a reason!

Democrat or Republican!

Honor and Respect!

I am a Clemson Grad!

The law is the law

Apr 7, 2019, 7:21 PM [ in reply to He’ll appeal it all the way to the Supreme Court, this isn’t ]

There's no room to interpret that particular law. It's not ambiguous at all. The "constitutional" right to privacy is completely inferred. Right wing people always like to argue that there isn't any constitutional right to privacy (particularly in the abortion debate).

Re: The law is the law

Apr 8, 2019, 9:58 AM

And what year did you get your law degree and are you currently serving on the Supreme Court. Every law is open to interpretation. What do you think the courts do?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Weird that a guy with nothing to hide would appeal all the way to the Supreme Court. Hmm..***

Apr 8, 2019, 4:03 PM [ in reply to He’ll appeal it all the way to the Supreme Court, this isn’t ]

I want them to see his taxes...and we should too

Apr 7, 2019, 7:21 PM

I want to know if he is a crook or not, and I think that he is.

getting desperate? your boy Mueller couldn't do it for you

Apr 8, 2019, 9:12 AM

so lets throw some more spaghetti against the wall.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I want them to see his taxes...and we should too

Apr 8, 2019, 9:17 AM [ in reply to I want them to see his taxes...and we should too ]

I would like to see Harry Reid’s tax returns over his political career. Maybe it would explain how he became filthy rich over his career in politics.

Apr 8, 2019, 2:03 PM [ in reply to I want them to see his taxes...and we should too ]

The irony is Trump came into the Presidency as a billionaire. Most politicians come in to national office with some level of wealth then become multi-millionaires on $150-200K jobs. Makes you wonder how they earn funds ...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No one worked the system like the Clintons! Left office

Apr 8, 2019, 8:38 PM

with virtually nothing, 18 years later, they are worth millions!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 8, 2019, 3:12 PM [ in reply to I want them to see his taxes...and we should too ]

Trump has many faults (many would say he tells it I like it is and for some reason half this country do not want to here the truth) but clearly Obama and Hilary are two of the most corrupt politicians to ever hold an office in this country .......they did not follow our laws and did what ever the crap they wanted to while in office......and this country will pay a heavy price for a long time for the damage they did to this nation......Go Tigers!!!!!

Re: Some Legislators Want A Copy Of Trump's Taxes for Past Years

Apr 7, 2019, 7:25 PM

There is NO law requiring him to show any tax filings or income earned. If Trump pushed for a law to include everyone on capital hill to show their filings it would quickly be shot down by the dems 1st.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's a law that says the chairmen of the House and Senate

Apr 7, 2019, 7:28 PM

committees that oversee taxation can request any taxpayer's tax records. The wording is that the IRS shall provide the records upon request.

Re: There's a law that says the chairmen of the House and Senate

Apr 8, 2019, 10:01 AM

That law was not intended for it to be used as a political hammer which is exactly what those asking for it want to use it for.

Re: There's a law that says the chairmen of the House and Senate

Apr 8, 2019, 2:35 PM

Actually that's almost exactly what the law was intended to be.

Apr 8, 2019, 8:50 AM [ in reply to Re: Some Legislators Want A Copy Of Trump's Taxes for Past Years ]

Per New York mag:

The law governing this matter is unusually clear. The Internal Revenue Code states, “Upon written request from the chairman of the Committee on Ways and Means of the House of Representatives, the chairman of the Committee on Finance of the Senate, or the chairman of the Joint Committee on Taxation, the Secretary shall furnish such committee with any return or return information specified in such request.” This law has been used to examine tax returns of high-placed political officials. It was enacted in order to let Congress examine financial conflicts of interest by the administration, and forced the disclosure of a president’s tax returns (Richard Nixon).
News accounts describe this law as “obscure” or “little used,” which it is — but only because presidential candidates who receive a major-party nomination have habitually published their tax returns. It is a very strong norm that has made the law unnecessary. But the fact that the norm is backstopped by a law strengthens rather than weakens the case for enforcing it.

Apr 8, 2019, 12:22 PM

^^ Thank you for injecting fact.

It is amazing how such uncertain people can speak with such certainty.

Apr 7, 2019, 7:29 PM

And Hilary's 30,000 emails and Obama's birth certificate.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Some Legislators Want A Copy Of Trump's Taxes for Past Years***

Apr 7, 2019, 7:43 PM

Apr 7, 2019, 7:47 PM [ in reply to Re: Some Legislators Want A Copy Of Trump's Taxes for Past Years ]

Want to know if got Fulbright scholarship.

I rarely TU a political post but this is one I can get on board with.***

Apr 8, 2019, 9:06 AM

Ain't that the truth***

Apr 8, 2019, 9:13 AM

A lot of people want to see his taxes, legislators or not

Apr 8, 2019, 9:14 AM

There's no law that says he has to do it, but it's certainly not a good look. I think we all know he's hiding something. If it was Obama who didn't wanna release his tax returns, I can only imagine the reaction here. Heck, some of y'all are still obsessed with his dang birth certificate.

Re: A lot of people want to see his taxes, legislators or not

Apr 8, 2019, 2:39 PM

Actually there is a law that explicitly states in no uncertain terms that the IRS has to provide them to the house committee on request. There's no legal ground on which to hide for Donnie here. Short of massive obstruction by the justice department his tax returns will be coming out. Which I'm sure is good because he assured the American public he'd release them if he won. I guess he just forgot.

Apr 8, 2019, 10:06 AM

Let's just all agree that all politicians are slime balls regardless what side of the aisle they sit on and whether or not we may agree with their policies. I have a half a dozen friends who know the President .... half of them like him and said he treated them fairly and the other half be treated poorly and they can't stand him. Both have reasons to feel that way.

Please list those politicians that ARE NOT slime balls here!

Apr 8, 2019, 11:34 AM

https://www.politico.com/story/2016/08/poll-should-trump-release-tax-returns-227408

Came here to say the exact same thing***

Apr 8, 2019, 3:51 PM

Deal! Get to see what a lying POS he is.

Apr 8, 2019, 4:39 PM

I’m just curious....what kind of excuses would you make for him then? When you finally see he’s a fraud doing business with the Russians? That he’s not a billionaire?

Apr 8, 2019, 5:46 PM

Joe21® said:

And I'm in favor of that request plus one addition. Every Representative and Senator, regardless of party affiliation, must do the same thing and all documents must be made available to the public.

We should and they all should. Dark money needs to go away as well. We need to see - in the worst way - who these politicians are actually working for. I think people of both parties would be appalled if they knew who was actually running the politicians (again, of both stripes) that are allegedly working for We The People...and aren't.

It ain't complicated. Just Follow The Money.

Actually, saw this interesting (and surprisingly non-partisan) video making the rounds narrated by Jennifer Lawrence, who is all in all a very sharp-seeming chick, about some common-sense reforms We The People need to be passing to take our country back from the professional politicians and those who who are gaming the system beyond recognition. Definitely worth a look and listen, regardless of your party affiliation:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfQij4aQq1k

Apr 8, 2019, 7:31 PM

I like the video, pretty much on point. I would love to see term limits, but it seems unlikely Congress would ever go for that. Sad. I’ve always thought it is a shame that most Americans pigeonhole themselves into full support of one party, and full opposition of the other party. Those folks are sheep. Sensible dems want lower taxes and don’t want socialism. Sensible Pubs will support tighter gun registration and don’t want to see criminals buying guns at gun shows. But media outlets don’t make money selling the sensible dull boring middle, so they cater to the far left and far right cuz it sells. The folks that think CNN & FOX are news are sheep. It’s not news, it’s editorial. They’ll bark about Obama’s birth certificate but it’s non sense. Trump even knows there’s never been an issue w his birth certificate, but Trump knew he could get on the news barking about it. They investigated Hillary and found nothing. Move on. All / most politicians are filthy liars, but Trump has taken it to a new level. Folks in NYC have known him as a fraud for decades. They can’t believe the rest of the country would give him the time of day, to say nothing of voting for him. The guy has never managed an organization larger than 20 people. He has shown zero management skills or leadership skills. If he was employed In management at any corporate level he would have been fired in the first few months. If you believe otherwise, he has more than one bridge to sell you. I bet he can find a bridge for you in your home town and get Mexico to pay for it. No money down bridges!

Message was edited by: BIG HOUSE

Message was edited by: BIG HOUSE

Interesting..........***

Apr 8, 2019, 8:14 PM [ in reply to Re: Some Legislators Want A Copy Of Trump's Taxes for Past Years ]

Apr 8, 2019, 7:49 PM

Why bother? Clinton put out somewhere in the neighborhood of twenty years of taxes, and Republicans still decided she was a crook. Meanwhile, the actual crook got elected president. Go figure.

Apr 8, 2019, 8:32 PM

Ok which politician out there is on TigerNet and gave this post a TD....got to be a politician because no one in their right mind can be oppressed to what Joe said.....and you can’t have it both ways....Go Tigers!!!!

Apr 8, 2019, 8:37 PM

Reason isn’t strong with this crowd. Then again reason isn’t strong with most of this country.

Apr 8, 2019, 9:56 PM

I am sure Trumps tax returns are cleaner than those of the Clinton Foundation.

Replies: 70
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic