Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
A sad statement on the state of College Football
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

A sad statement on the state of College Football

Dec 5, 2018, 9:10 AM

Journalism at the present time.

Every day, I go out on the interwebs to the Bing CFB homepage, and look for stories of interest. Today, there are 18 stories about the retirement of tainted O31O State coach Urbane Meyer. There are 3 stories about the transfer of an ex-Clemson QB to Missouri. There is 1, and only 1, story about Christian Wilkins winning what should be considered a very major award, The Campbell Award.

It's sad that only the "negative" seems to make news. This used to be called "Yellow Journalism". Now it is simply the norm.

On another level, don't know who owns Bing, but it would not surprise me in the least to find out that it is connected in some way with ESPN / Disney. Clemson is, and has been for most of the season, the #2 rated team in the land. Yet, you will seldom see us mentioned on the front page at all, out of 30 some stories. Lots of references to Bama and other SEC schools, though. Go count stories for yourself, I am not making it up, happens there everyday. But, since we have mostly positive news coming out of our program, I guess we should not expect to get mentioned in todays modern journalism climate. Or, to break it down into something the locals can understand, similar to "COOTS GONNA COOT!"

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: A sad statement on the state of College Football

Dec 5, 2018, 9:13 AM

Yellow journalism is when the news is made up. We now called it fake news.

But I get your point. On College Football Live, every single story is about Alabama, Georgia, Ohio State, or Oklahoma. They do zero pieces in Clemson or Notre Dame. I don’t understand it. Are the fan bases for Clemson and Notre Dame really dwarfed that much by these other schools?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 5, 2018, 10:13 AM

...and used to start wars.

Dec 5, 2018, 10:15 AM

It started a war - the Spanish-American War in 1898.

Dec 5, 2018, 9:13 AM

Also, we absolutely know who owns Bing - Microsoft owns Bing.

Dec 5, 2018, 9:30 AM

a) Microsoft owns Bing.
b) Who the he!! even uses Bing?
c) blah blah blah fake news/yellow journalism/etc

News is about generating clicks for ad revenues. I am very pleased for Mr Wilkins to win his award, but the only people who care are Clemson fans. No one else. Who won it last year? (Don't use Bing or Google or AOL...)? Don't know? Because no one cares.

Dec 5, 2018, 9:44 AM

I use Bing news as my homepage. I used to use Google news, but they changed their format awhile back to one that seems mostly ads (imagine that?) so I switched. I still use Google as search engine, any of you'se tech savvy youngsters got a light years better option?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If you want to see Pravda's version

Dec 5, 2018, 10:11 AM

Of the US media...land on Yahoo. There is next to nothing positive written about this country, but bashing galore exists.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

major award?

Dec 5, 2018, 9:51 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: major award?

Dec 5, 2018, 9:56 AM

It is often referred to as "The Academic Heisman". So, yes, as these are STUDENT athletes, I consider it a major award. You don't have to agree.

Where did I say I didn't agree?***

Dec 5, 2018, 8:05 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: major award?

Dec 5, 2018, 8:13 PM [ in reply to Re: major award? ]

I agree 100%. This is exaxtlythe kind of athlete Dabo goes after and wants in his program. So to win the award against so many worthy opponents, speaks volumes about Christian and CU FB culture.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Part of your problem is relying on Bing. I hate that search

Dec 5, 2018, 10:16 AM

engine, I don't know that their news page is any better!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 5, 2018, 10:32 AM

Thats why your here, to get Clemson News... ESPN er the SEC Channel and its SEC homer hosts want nothing to do with Clemson... too wholesome for them.

And don't go bashing Urban Meyer, you sound like one of them. You don't know him, you sound like the pot calling the kettle black. Mans record is incredible.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 5, 2018, 11:08 AM

Be careful when using any of those for your primary news source. Their algorithms track what you click on and how long you look at it. They then push articles based on your habits. Eventually you end up in an echo chamber of articles with one point of view. I use more than one source, and always my local news feeds.

Whether or not it's wise or not, this is my go to source for Clemson sports, uscjr bashing and dead horse beatings. I thank y'all.

Dec 5, 2018, 11:49 AM

Can someone tell me what bing is

Bing is a bunch fruits!

Dec 5, 2018, 8:18 PM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 5, 2018, 8:19 PM

Instead of bing, use dogpile, it’s better. But then again, just about everything is better than bing.

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic