Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
@ Duke, @ Syr, UVA. Not making excuses but a lot of teams
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1,102

@ Duke, @ Syr, UVA. Not making excuses but a lot of teams

Jan 12, 2019, 2:04 PM

would be 0 - 3 during that stretch.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When the schedule came out, I anticipated

Jan 12, 2019, 2:17 PM

a 1-5 start. I also thought we’d only drop 1 in pre-conf schedule though and the Reed injury may have cost us one of the 3 losses there. My hope was we’d then win the next 4 ACC games after the start to get us to .500 at 5-5 for the final 8 games. We have not played well enough yet to make it look like that will happen. The losses have been worse than expected. It was frustrating to see so many “layups” missed today.

Re: @ Duke, @ Syr, UVA. Not making excuses but a lot of teams

Jan 12, 2019, 2:18 PM

My disappointment is I thought this team would be better. With what they had coming back and basically losing one guy in Gabe you had to like the chances. I know they lost Grantham as well but he didn't play the whole conference season last year anyways. This team has struggled to beat lower level teams. I haven't been a Brownell supporter, I just haven't. Even last season while it was wonderful was only one season. I am willing to get aboard the Brownell pulled wagon but I said after last season he would have to prove it to me again. With the guys they had coming back I thought it'd be easy to do. I'm not saying firing him is the answer but as it stands this team isn't a tourney team and with what came back that is saying a lot. I know college basketball is corrupt and the NCAA is a joke but Clemson basketball should be better and it's just frustrating they're not. Now either get a coach who can bring top guys in or open the wallet and bring a guy in like a Bennett who just has a winning system because Virginia doesn't recruit studs they just have a system that works and guys who work well within that system.

I didn’t necessarily think we’d be better. I was

Jan 12, 2019, 2:41 PM

Hoping we’d be about the same and the falloff from Gabe’s spot would be made up by the other 4 stepping up and Gabe’s replacement taking more of a role. With no “new”guys starting I thought we could hold the same level of play. I knew that wouldn’t translate to equal or more wins based on schedule and how deep the ACC is this year. Also realizing we won the tight games we had lost the year prior. So far, we haven’t been competitive for a full game in any of the 3 losses and there are no breathers this year in the ACC. Almost every other team is better- some significantly which was going to make it a challenge to begin wit.

Re: I didn’t necessarily think we’d be better. I was

Jan 12, 2019, 3:00 PM

Sometimes seniors are harder to coach than freshmen. Reminds me of when Blossomgame came back and expectations were so high. It was a year when expectations were not met. Now with the starters back from a Sweet 16 team you expect a high level of performance. It just ain't there. I think they'll improve but Reed might be the only decent three point shooter. In today's ACC that won't get it done. Mitchell can make a difference if he could start shooting better.

Jan 12, 2019, 2:26 PM

We will probably lose 2 out of the next 3 too.

Jan 12, 2019, 2:29 PM

Agreed. It’s just that we look so bad during it. Not giving up hope yet. Eventually we’ll get hot and maybe win one or two we wouldn’t think we would.

Jan 12, 2019, 2:32 PM

Yeah, but you are not going to do well against any real team if you only make

2 3-pointers in three games combined.

Maybe so but this team is Senior laden and returned

Jan 12, 2019, 2:36 PM

a core group of starters. NO EXCUSE for them to look this bad.

Replies: 8
| visibility 1,102
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic