Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
37 pt favorite against UL - Bama beat them by 37
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

37 pt favorite against UL - Bama beat them by 37

Oct 28, 2018, 4:44 PM

Just a coincidence but I’m sure pundits will use this game as a measuring stick to some degree. Although I don’t know how much can be determined by playing a common outmatched opponent.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How about this...

Oct 28, 2018, 4:45 PM

How many Bama players saw the field?

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How about this...

Oct 28, 2018, 4:50 PM

That will be an interesting comparison.

The most points the Tigers ever scored

Oct 28, 2018, 4:51 PM

was against Guilford... 122-0. Here's hoping that Dabo says "Goodbye" to Petrino in a VERY BIG WAY.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The most points the Tigers ever scored

Oct 28, 2018, 4:55 PM

It would be nice to have a 2015 Miami kind of game.

We just did!

Oct 28, 2018, 5:33 PM

In fact, the FSU game felt more dominant than that 2015 Miami game.

Those 10 points for FSU were completely meaningless and allowed by our reserves.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: 37 pt favorite against UL - Bama beat them by 37

Oct 28, 2018, 5:10 PM

We're going to crush Louisville, and it isn't going to be much of a contest.

On the other hand, Petrino is going to keep his starters in the entire game...because that's how Petrino rolls. He has never rotated players, ever - even on his best teams he played maybe 13-14 players on either side of the ball and never spelled them, which has always been one of the biggest knocks on him.

Even his good teams tended to start the year fast, and then, as injuries and wear and tear piled up, they'd fade down the stretch. They might or might not heal up in time to be effective in their bowl game, but they were always terrible in November.

And here we are: it's November, time for Louisville to start their annual slide...then again, they just lost by 21 to Wake Forest, so if the Cards slide any further they're going to wind up relegated to the Southern Conference. Though I suspect even Furman might give them trouble this year.

The Cards are...futile, this season, though, whatever. The NCAA's stats site hasn't update yet but through seven games they were 91st out of 129 FBS teams on defense, allowing 416.4 per game, and - get this! - 119th of 129 teams on offense, which for an alleged offensive guru and x's and o's mastermind like Bobby Petrino is pretty durn humiliating. And it's safe to say the team has thoroughly quit on him.

Whatever they get, is very likely going to be in garbage time, scored by their starters against our 3's and walk-ons. Who I strongly suspect will get extended runouts in this game.

Oct 28, 2018, 5:18 PM

Wouldn’t be surprised if Dabo intentionally tries to keep it under 37, maybe even the 20’s. He knows what he’s doing and he’s got something for Bama this year. Let them think they’re that much better and gain any advantage he can.

Oct 28, 2018, 5:37 PM

Wouldn’t be surprised if Dabo intentionally tries to keep it under 37, maybe even the 20’s. He knows what he’s doing and he’s got something for Bama this year. Let them think they’re that much better and gain any advantage he can.

I don't think that's possible.

Wake's RB - the guy Petrino revoked his scholarship to 48 hours before signing day for Louisville - gained 243 yards on 20 carries, and they were just straight handoffs to a big power back who probably doesn't break a 5-flat in the 40.

Etienne & Co. will probably break the scoreboard by halftime on their lonesome. That Louisville defense is bad...like, shockingly bad. As ever, Petrino barely recruits...and not at all on the defensive side of the ball.

Oct 28, 2018, 6:25 PM [ in reply to Re: 37 pt favorite against UL - Bama beat them by 37 ]

Dabo is not thinking about Bama!

Oct 28, 2018, 6:00 PM

Beat him badly. But not so badly they fire him. I like the job he does there. ;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic