Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
2017 expectations
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1,933

2017 expectations

Apr 23, 2017, 7:59 PM

I fully expect for this team to make the playoffs. I'm not gonna go ahead and say we are gonna win the natty next year simply because of the ?'s at qb, and also I want to see how the other powerhouses of college football stack up to our team. Last year I knew from day one we were going to bring home the natty. The team we had is one of if not the best team I have ever seen (given I am only 18 but still the best I've seen). I do have full confidence in our coaching staff that they are gonna pick the qb that is gonna put us in the best position to win games, so I'm really not that worried at all. I've had several conversations with my roommate about this and he is saying we will lose at least 4 games next year (3 of those games being Auburn, FSU, Looooouiville, and the last just us blowing a game). He says that our program will leave with Deshaun Watson, and Mike Williams. I of course disagree telling him we have recruited very well, and our coaching staff is one of if not the best coaching staff in the country and they will put us in the best position possible. Anyways would love to here what y'alls honest opinion of next year is. I know it is insanely early and we don't have a lot to go off of, but remember "It's all in fun"
56-7
forever to deez

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 2017 expectations

Apr 23, 2017, 8:43 PM

I'll bite. I see anything from 9-3 to 12-0 and an ACC championship appearance. After that who knows. It all hinges on the QB play. A serviceable replacement for DW will take us far. As long as the offense isn't putting an incredible defense in bad spots too many times we should be in the hunt again this year. Honestly, I think if we get by FSU we are in the playoffs again.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 2017 expectations

Apr 23, 2017, 10:24 PM

Defensively we are going to be outright scary this year. This may be the best defense we've fielded in years. I feel this will be a re-building year on the offensive side of the ball. Not many teams can lose their starting QB, RB, TE & best WR without experiencing growing pains. Both trenches are strong. Having an experienced OL is only going to help our young QB.

They key to a great season will be how we play early on against Auburn & Louisville. We have to come out of the gates performing well at QB. Kent State is a nice warm up game, but then it gets real with Auburn & Louisville back to back. If we win both of those games... watch out. I say 10-2 realistically & 12-0 if QB play is better than expected.

I fully expect us to compete for the ACC. The talent is here, anything is possible.

Go Tigers!

Re: 2017 expectations - Pretty High

Apr 23, 2017, 10:52 PM

We have four tough games: AU, Lou, FSU, VT.

IMO our defense alone lets us split those games. AU and VT are wins. @Lou week 3 will be TOUGH and we'll need a lights out defense to win. Luckily FSU is at the end of the year allowing us plenty of time to break in a QB (Johnson). I'm not saying it's impossible to do worse but I don't see us losing more than 2 games with our defense. If we get through September undefeated our game with FSU will be a top 4 match up with a Natty on the line.

Replies: 3
| visibility 1,933
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic