Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
2 words for those skeptical of our defense next year.... Brent Venables
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

2 words for those skeptical of our defense next year.... Brent Venables

Jan 17, 2019, 10:18 AM

We’re gonna be just fine ... Best is the standard ??

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 2 words for those skeptical of our defense next year.... Brent Venables

Jan 17, 2019, 10:26 AM

Yeah I've been thinking we lost more on D than on O. It will be interesting to see who emerges because I'm sure he will have a really good group. Always exciting to see who steps up. And who is the next Boulware , Wilkins, etc on D. There always seems to be a ring leader type guy

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 17, 2019, 11:51 AM

We have 9 starters returning on offense who started at least half of the games and only 4 on defense, so yeah, I think we lost just a tad bit more on defense.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 17, 2019, 1:15 PM

Burrell, Simmons, Wallace and Muse are those four. Turner and Johnson played a lot. McMichael and Goodrich are in the wings. SIX, count them, SIX new secondary players are coming in, several are already on campus. The back end is in good hands. It's going to be a solid defense.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We aren't worried at all. Been there done that.

Jan 17, 2019, 10:28 AM

ESPN talking heads and AP writers will see it as a flaw to proclaim bama as the best ever.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 17, 2019, 10:33 AM

Well said. Looks to me that one CB position, WILL LB, MIKE LB and D-line positions will be open for a new two-deep, and BV has some horses to fill them.

I see XT and AJ T being stars next season, and Kvon and TM stepping up as senior leaders. I’m interested to see who will win the WILL & MIKE jobs. Also to see which DEs gain weight and strength this summer and move inside to DT rotation. I look for Clemson D to be slightly more susceptible to run, but faster with more sacks. Looking forward to 2019-20 season.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 17, 2019, 10:41 AM

We’re gonna be just fine ... Best is the standard ??