Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson beat the #3 and #1 teams in the playoff and Nation
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

Clemson beat the #3 and #1 teams in the playoff and Nation

Jan 18, 2019, 1:58 PM

by a combined score of 74-19.

lulz

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Make it idjit proof and someone will make a better idjit.

greatest team ever.***

Jan 18, 2019, 2:02 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I’m too lazy to be an actual historian here but

Jan 18, 2019, 2:07 PM

I would be willing to bet that no one has even come close to beating two of the top three teams by that combined margin. The only team I can think of that may have done that is the 95? Nebraska team that thrashed Spurrier’s Gators in the NCG.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

1995 Nebraska beat 4 teams in the AP final top 9

Jan 18, 2019, 2:29 PM

by an average of 27 points.

#2 Florida 62-24 (+38)
#5 Colorado 44-21 (+23)
#7 Kansas St 49-25 (+24)
#9 Kansas 49-25 (+24)

They didn't play two top-3 teams, but neither did we if you use the final AP poll since ND finished #5. We were +55 in our games against top 5 teams, 1995 Nebraska was +61. That's not too far off. We played two of our worst games of the season against the other 2 ranked teams we played though, Cuse and A&M, so we don't stack up in that regard.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 1995 Nebraska beat 4 teams in the AP final top 9

Jan 18, 2019, 2:32 PM

It's not a fair comparison because Florida was not a real #2 team and was likely boosted due to the SEC bias.

It's not like we got to play an SEC team whose ranking was unquestioned due to...........

Please disregard this post.

Yeah.. but they didn't have to play pitt in the

Jan 18, 2019, 2:33 PM [ in reply to 1995 Nebraska beat 4 teams in the AP final top 9 ]

Conference champ game.. so.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Jan 18, 2019, 3:25 PM [ in reply to 1995 Nebraska beat 4 teams in the AP final top 9 ]

You actually short-changed them because you repeated the Kansas St score for the Kansas game. They beat Kansas 41-3, instead of 49-25.

Closest I could find was 43 ND. Talk about a killer schedule

Jan 18, 2019, 10:01 PM [ in reply to 1995 Nebraska beat 4 teams in the AP final top 9 ]

Beat #2 Mich, #3 Navy, #3 Army, #8 NW, #2 Iowa Pre flight. Not as dominant in scores but higher ranked opposition.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1943_Notre_Dame_Fighting_Irish_football_team

Jan 18, 2019, 10:10 PM [ in reply to 1995 Nebraska beat 4 teams in the AP final top 9 ]

To be fair, ND only had one loss. We are the reason that they didn’t finish in the top 3. A&M and Syracuse happened before TLaw took complete control of the offense. We were a completely different team by the time it was all said and done. Had TAMU and Cuse played us down the stretch I believe they both would’ve been blown out. I know all of this stuff is just speculation and you’re a straight shooter in all of your posts but that’s my two cents. I’d put where this team is at the end of the season against any team in history. Who really knows? But it’s fun to make comparisons. The fact that so many are having conversations about this speaks volumes about our team and what they accomplished.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I’m too lazy to be an actual historian here but

Jan 18, 2019, 9:50 PM [ in reply to I’m too lazy to be an actual historian here but ]

Good question. I've got my weekend research challenge now!

Re: Clemson beat the #3 and #1 teams in the playoff and Nation

Jan 18, 2019, 2:16 PM

pure dominance

Actually Clemson beat 3 of the 4 playoff teams this year

Jan 18, 2019, 2:43 PM

when you include the spring gane

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

That's a

Jan 18, 2019, 2:50 PM

FACT!

Wait a minute there fella.

Jan 18, 2019, 2:55 PM [ in reply to Actually Clemson beat 3 of the 4 playoff teams this year ]

Clemson finished the season undefeated.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

If

Jan 18, 2019, 3:03 PM

you beat yourself, it counts as a win!

I bet you're undefeated too.

Re: If

Jan 18, 2019, 3:06 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Jan 18, 2019, 3:02 PM

Jan 18, 2019, 3:21 PM

Well, and no other team allowed as few combined points during the playoff games as Clemson this year. Here is an overview:

National Champion: Ohio State
Points allowed: 55
(42-35 vs Alabama, 42-20 vs Oregon)

National Champion: Alabama
Points allowed: 40
(38-0 vs Michigan State, 45-40 vs Clemson)

National Champion: Clemson
Points allowed: 31
(31-0 vs Ohio State, 35-31 vs Alabama)

National Champion: Alabama
Points allowed: 29
(24-6 vs Clemson, 26-23 vs Georgia)

National Champion: Clemson
Points allowed: 19
(30-3 vs Notre Dame, 44-16 vs Alabama)

Great job! Can't imagine any team allowing fewer points in the near future.

Jan 18, 2019, 6:47 PM

That last 10:02 drive of over 95 yards to kneel on the ball at the 4 was the telling tale. I don’t care what the score is....to drive the ball down their elephant trunk and expire the clock in that situation is absolutely an incredible feat. They just beat up and embarrassed the tide on that drive.

Jan 18, 2019, 9:48 PM

Yeah that drive may be my favorite in Clemson history right behind the DW '16 winning drive. To just sap the whole 4th quarter from them, at our leisure, screamed control. They were simply broken by that point. Pure dominance. Took every last ounce of fight out of them, and walked away from the 5 yard line as the clock ran out. Beautiful. Whens the last time Bama just quit in the 4th quarter? I've never seen it in my lifetime.

Jan 19, 2019, 7:20 AM [ in reply to Re: Clemson beat the #3 and #1 teams in the playoff and Nation ]

I agree. In a game of spectacular moments and incredible plays, that 10-minute death squeeze absolutely spoke the truth. It was if to say, "Just in case any of you jackwagons think it's a fluke that we are up four touchdowns, watch this, and hold my beer." I would like to know the last time a team has gone on a 10-minute non scoring drive on Alabama.

Jan 19, 2019, 2:04 AM

I was live on the 45 yard line for the Notre Dame beat down. Absolutely incredible game! I watched the National Championship from home. I’m embarrassed to say the I have watched it a total of 5 times now. I’ve never seen anything like it. I believed we would win but I never imagined that we would curb stomp Alabama. I’m still in awe!

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic