Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
11 of Brad's 24 recruits have transferred...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 3,289

11 of Brad's 24 recruits have transferred...

Mar 29, 2019, 1:59 PM

https://twitter.com/_Zach_Lentz/status/1111416802783850497?s=20

The Judge would say the program needs more money to keep it's recruits...

Wait...

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Are they seeing greener grass on the other side?

Mar 29, 2019, 2:02 PM

Or just rocky ground on this?

Ridiculous that Brown-L still has a job at Clemson***

Mar 29, 2019, 2:06 PM

Plenty of financial reasons to not make a move until May 1

Mar 29, 2019, 6:01 PM

The buyout drops after April 30. If a move is going to be made, I would assume May 1 is the date. No sense in getting worked up until then.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well - that seems a little ......

Mar 29, 2019, 2:12 PM

.... high....,?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Re: 11 of Brad's 24 recruits have transferred...

Mar 29, 2019, 2:22 PM

I can name 6 from this years team that have transferred in. So whats the point.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 29, 2019, 9:21 PM

There's a huge point here. Several of us have been saying he doe snot recruit well. You have to recruit the kid that fits your system. I assuming Brad has a system. So to loose that many of the kids you brought in means a lot and says volumes. But you have to be able to read . . .

you act as if Barnes didn't bail on us and OP didn't

Mar 29, 2019, 2:25 PM

get "lucky" a few times before bailing and leaving BB with NOTHING. This is likely due to how much harder it is to win in the ACC now than it was under those guys.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You may want to check those conference SOS rankings...

Mar 29, 2019, 2:27 PM

The league was ranked higher nationally under Barnes and OP than it has been under Brownell.

THe difficulty of the league is just an excuse for Brownell apologists.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

are you being serious right now?***

Mar 29, 2019, 2:33 PM

I agree 100%. It's ridiculous that Snowtown keeps

Mar 29, 2019, 2:40 PM [ in reply to You may want to check those conference SOS rankings... ]

trying to justify Brownell's mediocre results with this nonsense about Barnes and OP and the conference SOS. Maybe Snowtown® would be able to see that we've only made the NCAAT twice out of 9 years if his head wasn't shoved so far up Brownell's back side!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: You may want to check those conference SOS rankings...

Mar 29, 2019, 4:16 PM [ in reply to You may want to check those conference SOS rankings... ]

without doubt its true apologist bs, I mean Florida State figured it out, they seem to be decent. We had the talent, just not the coach

First of all FSU outspends Clemson by

Mar 29, 2019, 4:25 PM

eighty-eleven billion dollars in basketball spending. Second of all, FSU is not decent, they got man-handled by some mid major program that I've never heard of last night who had some snot-nosed young coach trying to make a name for himself so he can get hired by a bigger program.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Mar 29, 2019, 2:27 PM

hahahahahaha

Where does this idiot get his stats, CNN? And how stupid are you for believing him? Really dumb. I knew this statistic was off in 2 seconds. My goodness some of you need to evaluate your lives.

First off, does this clown count transfers as recruits? Because he's certainly counting Javan White as one.

First off, Brownell has signed 27 different recruits out of high school.

We have signed 9 Transfers during his tenure.

We have had 14 Transfers.

So out of 36 recruits, we have had 14 transfer out.

Also pretty much everyone that transferred out transferred due to playing time. Who has transferred that was a starter? A big fat 0. My goodness your an idiot.

Please validate before spreading fake news. What a joke.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ok, so what you're saying is that, instead of losing

Mar 29, 2019, 4:31 PM

11 to transferring out, we've actually lost 14? Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't 14 more than, and worse than 11?

And judging from the context of the tweet that was posted, it sounds like he's only referring to recruits he signed out of high school, ie...not counting kids that have transferred in.

Early in his Clemson tenure, I asked him

Mar 29, 2019, 2:30 PM

why we seemed to have a good many players transfer out of the program and his answer back then was various reasons but some hadn’t bought in to the system and didn’t like to play defense.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't have a problem with recruits leaving

Mar 29, 2019, 2:38 PM

provided that they aren't key components of our game plan next year.

In case you weren't aware, transfers are commonplace in today's college basketball world. We don't lose any more transfers than the next program.

I know you aren't interested in any of these details though. You would rather criticize, whine, and complain.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Are you able to support the claim that we don't lose any

Mar 29, 2019, 2:44 PM

more transfers than the next program with actual data? Because I've been looking for it and can't find it. 11 out of 24 seems high. I'd be curious to see how many coaches that have been in a power conference for 9 or 9+ years have experienced that same rate.

it won't be many***

Mar 29, 2019, 2:45 PM

Here is a link with data showing plenty of teams that

Mar 29, 2019, 2:47 PM [ in reply to Are you able to support the claim that we don't lose any ]

have lost 20 or more players to transfer since 2012:

https://www.athleticdirectoru.com/articles/investigating-college-basketballs-transfer-movement/

Credit to ninetytwotiger® for posting this earlier.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

I only see 4 major college basketball programs on that

Mar 29, 2019, 2:53 PM

list

So looking at the teams with the fewest transfers out

Mar 29, 2019, 2:56 PM [ in reply to Here is a link with data showing plenty of teams that ]

(5 or less over the 2012-2017 time frame) there are 2 ACC teams on there, 1 SEC team, 3 Big Ten teams and 1 Pac12 Team. So it's not true that Brownell hasn't had more transfers out than the next program.

And that's just a list of schools that had 5 or less transfers. I'm sure there are considerably more that had between 6-15. Conversely, on their list of "most transfers" with 20 or more transfers out, there are only 4 P5 schools on there.

So using this data I would say CBB's transfer rate is pretty high.

Message was edited by: GWPTiger® - Didn't see Texas Tech on the most transfers list when I first counted

Re: Here is a link with data showing plenty of teams that

Mar 29, 2019, 2:56 PM [ in reply to Here is a link with data showing plenty of teams that ]

Don't post facts Judge. That doesn't fit their narrative.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

what narrative do facts not support?

Mar 29, 2019, 2:58 PM

surely you are not going to say our basketball success under Brownell, are you?

I don't have a narrative, I like to look at data and not

Mar 29, 2019, 3:00 PM [ in reply to Re: Here is a link with data showing plenty of teams that ]

just make assumptions. But please feel free to tell me what my narrative is, and which fact(s) in the data provided that doesn't fit said narrative. TIA

NCAA MBB all about the transfer

Mar 29, 2019, 2:41 PM

https://www.athleticdirectoru.com/articles/investigating-college-basketballs-transfer-movement/

Data from 2012 but my assumption is even more frequent now.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 29, 2019, 3:33 PM

I think the numbers are slightly off, but even so, it's my opinion that virtually every player that left left because they saw incoming players who were going to take their minutes.

I can't think of a single player that transferred out where the incoming players didn't surpass the outgoing players capabilities. Who transferred out that went on to greatness elsewhere? Who transferred out that you really wish had stayed? I mean, sure I wish they all had stayed Tigers, but who hurt us by their departure?

If nothing this shows a slow crawl up the recruiting layers if every year's new class (freshman and inbound transfers) cause some players to leave as soon as the light goes off that they're not as good as the incoming players.

It needs to be faster, or BB needs to get that one C.J. Spiller player AND win some games to open the pipeline a little.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ok - so let's go with your theory

Mar 29, 2019, 4:31 PM

if all these guys transferred out because better players were coming in - and yet - we have yet to have a strong team - what does that say about BB recruiting?
with that many transferring out and all are better than before - Clemson should be contending for ACC championships or Natty's. Instead - not invited to the top 68 team tourney and get beaten by the next 32.

IMO - there are way too many transfer outs. Bad judge of talent? Poor development?
How do you explain our starting center leaving this coming year?

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We have yet to have a strong team?

Mar 29, 2019, 8:51 PM

You mean like that Sweet 16 team one year ago? The team that was even more impressive since it did that without its best player for the second half of the season?

Your statistic is actually incorrect.

Mar 29, 2019, 8:55 PM

Which is hilarious, since you have repeatedly said that you don't believe information I've posted before.

https://twitter.com/_Zach_Lentz/status/1111428730176442368

It's also funny how many others here who question every statistic posted by the "Brownell apologists" never questioned this one.

Replies: 29
| visibility 3,289
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic