Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Rating the Offensive Line group
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1

Rating the Offensive Line group

Jun 7, 2019, 12:19 PM

Any of you actual coaches or arm chair coaches out there want to take a swing at this? I have a feel for depth at WR, QB and DL but some of the other groups are difficult to gauge. How many of the current backups are you comfortable with giving a grade between 50 - 90?
90 - Should start almost anywhere else
80 - Comfortable with being a starter in a pinch
70 - Strong backup, should start some day
60 - Developing
50 - Just not sure if he should play

Thanks for any serious answers

Snaps last season
Anchrum 805
Simpson 858
Cervenka 549
Pollard 508
Bockhorst 178
Carman 209
Stewart 265
Reeves 109
Vinson 77

Message was edited by: RoperMtn®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Dude abides

Re: Rating the Offensive Line group

Jun 7, 2019, 1:40 PM

Falcinelli is gone.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 7, 2019, 2:04 PM

20 or less means he's a Coot starter , and should be given a wide berth in the fast food line .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jun 7, 2019, 2:27 PM

RoperMtn® said:

Any of you actual coaches or arm chair coaches out there want to take a swing at this? I have a feel for depth at WR, QB and DL but some of the other groups are difficult to gauge. How many of the current backups are you comfortable with giving a grade between 50 - 90?
90 - Should start almost anywhere else
80 - Comfortable with being a starter in a pinch
70 - Strong backup, should start some day
60 - Developing
50 - Just not sure if he should play

Thanks for any serious answers

Snaps last season
Anchrum 805
Simpson 858
Cervenka 549
Pollard 508
Bockhorst 178
Carman 209
Stewart 265
Reeves 109
Vinson 77

Message was edited by: RoperMtn®

I wouldn't put a numerical rating on them, but I really like our guards. Simpson is the best OL on the team and Cervanka is a brute in-line, and Bockhorst and Stewart look like really good backups.

Jackson Carman looks like he'll be a real good one at LT...and he'd better be, because there's no one apparent behind him. Tremayne Anchrum still reminds me a lot of Brandon Thomas...shorter than you'd like for an OT, but with decent arms and feet who probably is a guard at the next level. I like Pollard's experience and ruggedness at C, if not his athleticism and I wish he played with better bend. We gotta find some backups behind those three.

Reeves and Vinson played mostly garbage-time snaps last year; I have no clue on either of them. I have heard around the way the coaches feel like they hit on Jordan McFadden and that he's actually a lot like Anchrum...we definitely need that to be true because we really, really need a third and hopefully a fourth functional OT.

Is Putnam ready to play or will he need to redshirt?***

Jun 7, 2019, 2:39 PM

The Dude abides

Jun 7, 2019, 4:29 PM

John Simpson in my opinion is the best Offensive guard in the country and probably was in that conversation last year. There's just no flaws to his game.

Cervenka is a Ox he's never gotten starter snaps but you've never noticed when he's in the game or not so im sure he'll be fine. The only reason he wasn't recruited higher out of High school is because he thought he was a D lineman.

Anchrum isn't necessarily the greatest athlete in the world but he's a great football player. All he does is his job and you'll never have to worry about him doing his job.

Jackson Cameron according to the people around the school say he's looking in the best shape he's been in since stepping on Campus which is awesome because he was pretty good last year. If he spends his college career transforming his body into sort of the Tyron Smith mold Jackson might be a franchise LT in the NFL in a few years. but only time will tell.

Replies: 5
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic