Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
RANTS ABOUT A FEW THINGS
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 2,076

RANTS ABOUT A FEW THINGS

Oct 19, 2019, 7:41 PM

The STUPID, INEPT REFS in today's game: The ACC refs/replay guys calling CU/L-VILLE are either lousy or were in the tank for the Cards. The catch/fumble recovery by CU that was ruled incomplete - LUDICROUS! That was CU's ball. Just had an identical play in the UVA/Duke game that was ruled the OTHER way - correctly. And later, that WAS a TD grab by Higgins - PERIOD.

Dan Orlovsky (color analyst for our game) - and "Clemzzon" pronouncer - is s-t-i-n-k-o! Wasn't a thing Lawrence could do today to please that moron. I know TL threw 2 more picks, but 1 wasn't his fault. Aside from picks, nothing Lawrence did satisfied Orlovsky, including a totally great play from TL to Ross for a TD. Ross was CALLING for the ball, & Trevor threw it exactly where he should and HAS many times before. Orlovsky could not quit harping on it's being a "wild, risky Hail Mary" Lawrence was "bailed out on" by Ross. That birdbrain played HIS college ball at UCONN - a hockey/basketball school. What would HE know about college football - NFL career notwithstanding?? What an A$$.

Although it sounds like Dabo's not going to do it - & will instead opt for some lesser punishment - Andrew Booth should be kicked off the Clemson team permanently. His thuggish display, body-slamming an opposing player and then punching him (penalties plus ejection) is not Clemson football or Dabo football. If Swinney can cuss others out for 10 minutes for FAR, FAR less - he should darn well boot Booth from the team. We don't need him, & we don't want gangsta, thug, anger-problem players on the team. By Dabo's standards, this behavior deserves the ultimate punishment. Anything less leaves a cancer on the team.

The win vs L-ville was convincing. It SHOULD have been 52-10 (if not for the refs) - but it really should have been 52-3. That's on us for giving up junk points by subbing. I get it. Subbing is good...reps for guys, etc. But - they would STILL get plenty of reps if we did this: Leave the subs in UNTIL the other team reaches our 35 (or so); then, put the starters in to STOP the junk points. Nothing wrong with that approach at all, & the subs still get plenty of reps. Just my "know-it-all, fan-coach" opinion & worth nothing.

I'm now ready to be fully excoriated, so let the crucifixion begin.

Otherwise, congrats to the Tigers for a big "W" on the road. Too bad Scar - you're back in the loss column. Hey WIS - how far will you drop? Don't say this much, but GO MICHIGAN!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: RANTS ABOUT A FEW THINGS

Oct 19, 2019, 7:43 PM

Dabo is a little more experienced than anyone on this board when it comes to dealing with wayward college kids. I'm sure he knows what he's doing.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Oct 19, 2019, 7:48 PM

I will bring the hammer !

Oct 19, 2019, 7:49 PM

Throw a bottle u5c coot

Oct 19, 2019, 7:59 PM

Oct 19, 2019, 8:48 PM

Booth should not be kicked off the team permanently. Suspension for a few games seems a just penalty for someone who doesn't have a history of this type of behavior. But, I will leave that up to Dabo and the seniors who have all of the facts.

What if you made a mistake as an 18-year-old kid and no one gave you a second chance? That's harsh! Is that how you mold them into successful young men?

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Oct 19, 2019, 9:25 PM

"What if you made a mistake as an 18-year-old kid and no one gave you a second chance? " - I'm old as dirt and still make more mistakes than I can count. No way to punish a 18-YO kid for the heat of the moment. We don't even know what triggered that. I got a break in Jr high that prevented me from getting expelled (for fighting off campus and the kid would not come back to school). Had I got expelled for that, it would have caused me some serious issues IMO. Leave the kid alone and Dabo will work with him.

Oct 19, 2019, 11:20 PM

I appreciate you sharing your story--a great example of second chances. We all make mistakes and will as long as we live. Anyone who thinks they don't has their head buried in the sand.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Booth shouldn’t be kicked off the team.

Oct 19, 2019, 9:19 PM

He made a mistake, but he was very apologetic. Dabo said he is a great kid and that his punch today was completely out of character. He will be disciplined but remain with the team, and I agree with that 100%.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Oct 19, 2019, 9:23 PM

You forgot to tell us not to call you Francis.

Replies: 9
| visibility 2,076
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic