Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Question regarding a caller on Road Rage
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 1

Question regarding a caller on Road Rage

May 1, 2019, 10:54 AM

Back about 2 months or so ago Walt Deptula got a call from a guy that called himself “Cornhusker Troy.” First off, does anyone remember that call? Second, the guy is indeed a Nebraska fan and a friend of mine.

Well, he kept dismissing what Clemson had done in being the first team in the modern era to go 15-0 and win the National Championship. It was everyday. He would either say something face to face or via text degrading Clemson and just plain out disregarding us. He kept saying that Clemson doesn’t compare to Nebraska and never will. I told him that I wasn’t comparing the two teams- just that we were the first team to do what we just did in the playoff era and absolutely dismantle Notre Dame (#3) and Alabama (#1) in 8 quarters of play by a total score of 74-19.

He said that the 1995 Nebraska team was the best ever and would have killed Clemson’s 2016 or 2018 team. I didn’t argue whether or not they could actually do that. I told him that the teams were not comparable because guys today are bigger, faster, and stronger.

When discussing what the score was in the NC with Bama, I told him that Clemson could have ran up the score more as we had the ball for the last 10 and a half minutes. He said that people would have just said that Clemson was running up the score instead of showing good sportsmanship. Ironically, the 1995 Nebraska team won the NC against Florida with a final score of 62-24. I asked him if they ran the score up in that game. He studdered to no answer.

The day he called into Road Rage he kept telling Walt that Clemson was a good team, but that we played a very weak schedule and that we absolutely could not make it to the playoffs playing in the Big10 or SEC. He said that if we played in the Big10 that we would be lucky to go 8-4. I get a kick out of it, but it does start to get on my nerves. Well, Walt absolutely ripped him a new one. I knew he would. As he continued his downing of Clemson I told him to call Walt and share his opinion of Clemson and that he believed we couldn’t win in any other conference. Needless to say, Walt made my friend look like an absolute idiot. If you guys ever want to hear the call, it took place on January 10 at around 4:30 PM.

Well, just when I thought it couldn’t get worse, it did. Yesterday he told me that he found it funny that Clemson signed Dabo to that big contract extension around the time that Saban had hip surgery. He swears up and down that Dabo will go as soon as Bama calls. Stay with me. He said that Clemson was stupid to give him that much money because the money is guaranteed and Bama could come in and offer him a contract and only be on the hook for what they offer him. He said they could only offer him $5 million per year and that Clemson would have to pay the other $4.33 million. Obviously I told him he was wrong and that is not the way it works. This guy makes SC fans seem somewhat intelligent. Lol

Had to share with you all and see if anyone remembered the call into Road Rage.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Question regarding a caller on Road Rage

May 1, 2019, 10:59 AM

Just take comfort in knowing that Nebraska will never be relevant in football again.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 1, 2019, 11:03 AM

He wants to bet $10k that Nebraska will go 15-0 this year. Lol.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 1, 2019, 11:13 AM

Hope you took him up on that one.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I assume he will try to back out when that doesnt happen.***

May 1, 2019, 11:16 AM [ in reply to Re: Question regarding a caller on Road Rage ]

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tell him to tmail me, please. ***

May 1, 2019, 12:26 PM [ in reply to Re: Question regarding a caller on Road Rage ]

I know hes your friend but he sounds like a delusional

May 1, 2019, 1:54 PM [ in reply to Re: Question regarding a caller on Road Rage ]

Coot. Tell him to stop living in the past and win something if Nebraska is so great.

He sounds like a jealous Clemson hater.

Nebraska is a shell of a program and they'll never recruit the skill talent to win the NC again.

The option is dead for a reason

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 1, 2019, 11:03 AM

Dabo is not going anywhere. Not to Alabama and not to the NFL. He is Clemson for life. Tell your friend Troy to stick to husking and eating corn.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Men at 25 play football. Men at 40 play tennis. Men at 60 play golf. Have you noticed as men get older their balls get smaller.

Funny how some people say he hasn't done much, yet they wish he

May 1, 2019, 12:28 PM

would go somewhere else. Remember when they poked fun at us, begging us to keep him? Ha!

May 1, 2019, 11:08 AM

I assume your friend does understand that his Cornshuckers have had no relevance in college football since the mid--90's. Fact is I think he should be reminded the last time his team played the Tigers that one also resulted in a Natty for Clemson----not his Shuckers. Some people simply talk smack to talk smack. Only problem is your friend is living on some other planet. Just sayin!

May 1, 2019, 11:40 AM

Actually, we last played them in 2008/2009 in the Gator Bowl

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 1, 2019, 11:09 AM

Lost me at Road Rage. That they give that blowhard a show and people listen just astounds me. I turn the radio off on Gamedays and pregame when even one of his commercials comes on

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 1, 2019, 11:16 AM

How can your friend possibly think that the '95 Nebraska team could compete with this Clemson team? If they were to play, it would be the biggest blowout ever.

Mind you, the Nebraska team are all over 40 now, and most haven't played for 20 years.

Sounds like you need better friends***

May 1, 2019, 11:15 AM

Sounds like he's been sniffing too much silo dust.

May 1, 2019, 11:18 AM

Sounds like you need a new friend.

Re: Sounds like he's been sniffing too much silo dust.

May 1, 2019, 12:19 PM

Buy him a Coot shirt... he talks like a coot.

Where can I get this Silo Dust? Sounds interesting. Asking for a friend.***

May 1, 2019, 12:32 PM [ in reply to Sounds like he's been sniffing too much silo dust. ]

Ask these

May 1, 2019, 1:42 PM

cob heads.

Ask that guy in the movie "Witness"... Think he overdosed.***

May 1, 2019, 3:21 PM [ in reply to Where can I get this Silo Dust? Sounds interesting. Asking for a friend.*** ]

bravetiger - how is this guy still your friend ?!? Sounds .

May 1, 2019, 11:54 AM

..... extremely annoying !! Guess it's his right to live in the past - but he apparently doesn't keep up with current Nebraska football ... lol

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

That guy sounds more delusional than the most delusional coots, except

May 1, 2019, 12:25 PM

for that whacky dude Manafold. Likely the most hate-driven, delusional fan in the history of fandom.

Tell your Nebraska buddy to call back to Walt's show once Nebraska accomplishes something this century.

Tell him you'll discuss after Nebraska wins two

May 1, 2019, 12:31 PM

out of the next three national championships. You won't hear from him again on the subject.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Your Friend Troy

May 1, 2019, 12:36 PM

thinks the N on the Nebraska helmet stands for "knowledge".

Totally irrelevant program whose fans..........

May 1, 2019, 12:39 PM

are just recently coming out of the closet with the hiring of Scott Frost. Frost gives them hope for relevance.......eventually. They are not and will not be Clemson.

I'll give him one thing...the '95 Nebraska team IS probably

May 1, 2019, 1:57 PM

the best college football team I ever saw. One reason they destroyed Florida like they did is because Spurrier was trying to run up the score on everybody in those days. He would hang 100 on the SC School for the Deaf and Blind if he had a chance because rankings were based greatly on style points.

So Tom Osborne said "I got some style points for ya Ol' Ball Sack." Boom. 62-24.

The other crap this guy said is coot delusional. Frost will make them better but they're nowhere near our level and won't be any time soon.

Pretty simple response

May 1, 2019, 3:04 PM

I had a similar debate regarding that 1995 Nebraska team, so I looked it up.

We could crush them on the line. Our D-line was significantly larger than their O-line (just look up the numbers). And their offensive scheme was the triple option out of the I formation. We know how Venables handles that with a dominant D-line.

Nebraska was successfully running an offense that it is an outdated relic today vs. a talented D-line and a smart D coordinator.

That, and their DBs collectively weren't fast enough to compare to our WRs.

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Not even worth debating... Look and laugh....***

May 1, 2019, 3:55 PM

May 1, 2019, 3:29 PM

Nebraska was last relevant when?

They were 4-8 last year.

They did absolutely throttle Spurrier in 95. They ran the ball right up his.....

Dabo would NEVER play Lawrence Phillips ... period!***

May 1, 2019, 3:33 PM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is why the mange sucks***

May 1, 2019, 3:48 PM

This post, just like Walt, is a complete

May 1, 2019, 4:03 PM

clown.

You sound triggered. Next time you see Roy around the trailer park, share one of your Smirnoffs with him so you can both relax.

Replies: 30
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic