Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Question regarding Bama's CFP game location
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1,447

Question regarding Bama's CFP game location

Nov 26, 2018, 12:29 PM

I apologize if this has already been discussed. Assuming everything ends up status quo with the final rankings being 1. Bama, 2. Clemson, 3. ND, and 4. Oklahoma, where would Bama play? The premise of the CFP is to not have the #1 team be at a geographical disadvantage. Well, if Bama plays Oklahoma in Dallas, technically isn't Bama at a geographical disadvantage since Norman is only about 200 miles away (and Tuscaloosa being almost 600)? Could this possibly lead to us playing in Dallas?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

this is an interesting dilemma... Do they ask Alabama

Nov 26, 2018, 12:30 PM

beforehand?

Bama may feel that more fans travel to Dallas than Miami. Interesting.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Similar to 2016...

Nov 26, 2018, 12:32 PM

the CFP will reseed to final four to set-up the match-up they want.

So Bama didn't have to face OU in the Cotton Bowl (a definite home field advantage for the Sooners), the Committee flipped OU and Michigan State.

In your scenario, Clemson would likely face OU in Miami again and Bama would play Notre Dame in Dallas. The Committee can justify the flip by arguing that Notre Dame played one less game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Ho hum

Nov 26, 2018, 12:39 PM

If that happens I guess we'll have to beat Oklahoma in the state of Florida one more time. 3-0 so far vs. Sooners in FL.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

bama will play in Dallas. .period

Nov 26, 2018, 12:38 PM

Unless they lose to Georgia. if so they will face #1 clemson in miami.

assuming clemson also wins.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

If Bama loses to UGa, I ain't so sure they get in...

Nov 26, 2018, 12:45 PM

especially if OU and Ohio State also win.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

It would be interesting. The committee determines the sites

Nov 26, 2018, 12:44 PM

and you're correct that the goal is to give the higher seed the most advantageous site.

Last year, the committee felt that sending Clemson all the way across the country would be less advantageous than New Orleans, even though Bama is closer to New Orleans. I agree with that.

But, Miami is only a 2.5 hour longer drive than Dallas. And it's in Oklahoma's backyard.

My assumption would be if Oklahoma is #4 and everything stays as is... Clemson vs ND would be held in Dallas.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 1,447
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic