Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Question re Mickey Plyler
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

Question re Mickey Plyler

May 7, 2019, 11:06 AM

Is Mickey not writing blogs anymore? Looks like his last one was 3/19/2019....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Re: Question re Mickey Plyler

May 7, 2019, 11:09 AM

Has he ever met anyone outside of his family with the last name Plyler?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That depends, do you consider Mackey's Mail Sack a "blog?"***

May 7, 2019, 11:25 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

It's a running joke with a buddy of mine

May 7, 2019, 11:59 AM

Where we laugh about the "blog" wherein Plyler issues 1 sentence responses to in-depth questions and then has 90% of his space with his prayer request. There's just no content.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm not sure what a blog is, but I am sure

May 7, 2019, 12:01 PM [ in reply to That depends, do you consider Mackey's Mail Sack a "blog?"*** ]

You misspelled male.

I'm delighted to think you can make fun of Mickey

May 7, 2019, 12:14 PM [ in reply to That depends, do you consider Mackey's Mail Sack a "blog?"*** ]

Plyer, who has been a part of the Clemson community since time out of mind and a part of this board since before any of us...when I joined, earlier than most, he was literally one of the few advocates for Clemson anywhere, in any form of media.

Courtesy, guy. Save the juvie mean-tweet posts for somebody who doesn't warrant your respect, or turn in your orange shirt...if you actually have one. Especially when he's right.

His name is "Mickey", by the way.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Re: I'm delighted to think you can make fun of Mickey

May 7, 2019, 11:35 PM

Hey - Bob .... thanks for your reply ... Do you know if Mickey is still writing blogs ? TIA ....,

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Wish Crump/B-Meist would RA on you permanently***

May 7, 2019, 4:09 PM [ in reply to That depends, do you consider Mackey's Mail Sack a "blog?"*** ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: Wish Crump/B-Meist would RA on you permanently***

May 7, 2019, 10:55 PM

Are you taking about me Francis? If so - that hurts - I thought we were friends !!

Re: Wish Crump/B-Meist would RA on you permanently***

May 7, 2019, 10:55 PM [ in reply to Wish Crump/B-Meist would RA on you permanently*** ]

Are you taking about me Francis? If so - that hurts - I thought we were friends !!

Re: That depends, do you consider Mackey's Mail Sack a "blog?"***

May 7, 2019, 10:52 PM [ in reply to That depends, do you consider Mackey's Mail Sack a "blog?"*** ]

Well - actually - doesn’t matter what I think GWP - it’s labeled a blog ..... -:)

I miss Patrick***

May 7, 2019, 11:42 AM

Snowflake Basher........Out

Re: I Miss Patrick?

May 7, 2019, 11:58 AM

Danica??

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'd due her.***

May 7, 2019, 12:02 PM

I've tried to stay out of this, however...

May 7, 2019, 12:14 PM

I've been listening to Mickey for nearly 25 years. All the way back to when he was a fledgling radio guy and all he covered was recruiting, and he did it better than anybody. So, I've always liked the guy for what he stands for in and out of sports, and for the knowledge he brings.

That said, Zack Orr needs to go. The constant back and forth, disagreements, playing devil's advocate, and general yucking it up on the air are miserable. And he makes no bones about his northeast political bent. This morning he went as far as disagreeing w/ Mickey that Dabo would be great in politics. I surmise he thinks that because he knows Dabo would be conservative and common sense oriented. How the heck can any person that knows anything about Dabo disagree that he would bring the same thing to politics that he brought as a HC?

Some time back, Zack also took a shot at most of their listeners by snidely and arrogantly referring to all the 'old guys'. I responded to station management that day.

Get a new producer for Mickey, please. I've had enough of the liberal, know-it-all, arrogant youngster.

Re: I've tried to stay out of this, however...

May 7, 2019, 4:07 PM

Zack's thoughts on Dabo this morning had nothing to do with what party Dabo would represent in politics.

The argument was that just because he's the greatest college coach and college figurehead around doesn't mean that it would mean that he would be a great Bank CEO, or great politician.

Honestly the argument was stupid from Plyler, but let's face it... it wouldn't be a statement from Mickey if it was decent content.

May 7, 2019, 4:51 PM

You are 100% correct Bob.

May 8, 2019, 7:29 AM [ in reply to I've tried to stay out of this, however... ]

I've been listening to Mickey for nearly 25 years. All the way back to when he was a fledgling radio guy and all he covered was recruiting, and he did it better than anybody. So, I've always liked the guy for what he stands for in and out of sports, and for the knowledge he brings.

That said, Zack Orr needs to go. The constant back and forth, disagreements, playing devil's advocate, and general yucking it up on the air are miserable. And he makes no bones about his northeast political bent. This morning he went as far as disagreeing w/ Mickey that Dabo would be great in politics. I surmise he thinks that because he knows Dabo would be conservative and common sense oriented. How the heck can any person that knows anything about Dabo disagree that he would bring the same thing to politics that he brought as a HC?

Some time back, Zack also took a shot at most of their listeners by snidely and arrogantly referring to all the 'old guys'. I responded to station management that day.

Get a new producer for Mickey, please. I've had enough of the liberal, know-it-all, arrogant youngster.

So let me get this straight, he's bad at his job because he's a liberal and you don't agree with his takes?

May 8, 2019, 7:33 AM

Well, that's one way to look at it. Its been proven here the last two years most liberals are a little off.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic