Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Question for you guys on a botched hold on FG/XPT
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1

Question for you guys on a botched hold on FG/XPT

Sep 5, 2018, 10:17 AM

if the holder botches the snap on a kick attempt, with his knee already on the ground, does that not constitute him being down? Or do they just give him some leeway in this scenario?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

I don't have an answer. But there must be an exception in

Sep 5, 2018, 10:21 AM

rules about a holder - because most fake field goals would be down before they started! I'm curious to hear the definitive answer as well..

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Question for you guys on a botched hold on FG/XPT

Sep 5, 2018, 10:37 AM

There is an exemption in the rules for holders on kicking plays. Otherwise, every single PAT and FG attempt would be down before the kicker ever kicks the ball.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Here's the rule

Sep 5, 2018, 11:04 AM

Ball Declared Dead
ARTICLE 3. A live ball becomes dead and an official shall sound his whistle or declare it dead:

a. When it goes out of bounds other than a kick that scores a field goal after touching the uprights or crossbar; when a ball carrier is out of bounds; or when a ball carrier is so held that his forward progress is stopped.

When in question, the ball is dead (A.R. 4-2-1-II).

b. When any part of the ball carrier’s body, except his hand or foot, touches the ground or when the ball carrier is tackled or otherwise falls and loses possession of the ball as he contacts the ground with any part of his body, except his hand or foot [Exception: The ball remains alive when an offensive player has simulated a kick or at the snap is in position to kick the ball held for a place kick by a teammate. The ball may be kicked, passed or advanced by rule] (A.R. 4-1-3-I).

http://amarefs.org/FR16.pdf

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^ Give this man a TU for doing research for you!!

Sep 5, 2018, 1:19 PM

It's the least you can do.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me.

Thank you Tiger_Thom. You're a Good man +1***

Sep 5, 2018, 4:00 PM [ in reply to Here's the rule ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Replies: 5
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic