Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Question about coot fans.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 3,659

Question about coot fans.

Sep 1, 2019, 3:31 PM

If they all wanted to abanfon the sinking ship and become Clemson fans, would you accept them and want them to?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

NO. They made their choice***

Sep 1, 2019, 3:34 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: NO. They made their choice***

Sep 1, 2019, 3:38 PM

Yes. But only for those born into multigenerational Gamecock families

Sep 1, 2019, 3:38 PM

Anyone born into a non-Cock household and previously chose to be a Gamecock of their own free will - then no.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Question about coot fans.

Sep 1, 2019, 3:44 PM

Is you crazy? Hail to the NO!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A coot guy I know has told me for 3 years now, he is

Sep 1, 2019, 3:47 PM

“this close” to becoming a Clemson fan. He has actually attended a few Clemson games that didn’t involve the coots. And, he graduated from SCar. ???????

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

We took Brad Scott and his kid

Sep 1, 2019, 3:52 PM

;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We took Brad Scott and his kid

Sep 1, 2019, 4:18 PM

Yeah but that is just a job. I would for the coots for a millions.

Re: We took Brad Scott and his kid

Sep 1, 2019, 5:45 PM

his kid is a Clemson grad.....

Absolutely...

Sep 1, 2019, 4:08 PM

NOT !!!!

Entirely too mouthy, ignorant and deluded.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Sep 1, 2019, 4:23 PM

Heck no I won't even give them a dingy to float on let them sink. Aint enough we already gave them 2 5 stars

Sep 1, 2019, 4:26 PM

It honestly amazes me anyone believes there is anything different between our fanbases other than the teams we root for.

I could see the logic if one school was located in California and the other in South Carolina. But we are both from the same small state of South Carolina.

To believe we are fundamentally different is the epitome of delusion.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

Sep 1, 2019, 4:50 PM

To believe ANY Clemson fan would be stupid enough to go over to that garbage dump is simply beyond stupidity.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 1, 2019, 5:02 PM [ in reply to Re: Question about coot fans. ]

It’s two completely different cultures. If you can’t see that, you’re either blind or just don’t want to admit it

Sep 1, 2019, 5:40 PM

You are right, the only trash and bottles thrown in death valley are when the coots visit. And it's not us.

Sep 1, 2019, 5:54 PM [ in reply to Re: Question about coot fans. ]

Try rationalizing the dumpster love or the hand it pants chick viral video. How bout that lovely young lady on national TV proudly displaying her middle finger in the end zone a few years ago? For more recent footage, refer to the brawl filmed yesterday in Charlotte involving who? A whole gaggle of chickens.

No difference indeed...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 1, 2019, 8:29 PM

You don't think college kids have sex in Clemson?

I've seen some hot takes, but that one may take the cake.

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

Sep 1, 2019, 8:43 PM

Not what I said sport. The difference is Coots do it in the stadium, parking lot, dumpsters and local free clinics! Lol!

Fact, not a take!

You don't think college kids have sex in Clemson?

I've seen some hot takes, but that one may take the cake.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 1, 2019, 8:54 PM [ in reply to Re: Question about coot fans. ]

That part of the culture is not even relevant. The biggest difference in the two cultures just, fan-wise, is the mentality. Clemson fans expect success and don’t settle for less. Scar fans make excuses about schedule and talk about every program around them cheating. The only reason it “seems” different now in Columbia as far as expectations go, is because of Clemson’s success. The program has been in the SEC for 27 years, you’d think by now you guys would have either figured out how to compete or just accept that you’re a mere step above UK & Vandy. As far as the cheating, your program has a long list of probation and a major steroid scandal, so that point is ridiculous too. Historically, you guys have been a .500 program, so I’d say it’s more of a case of “you are what you are”.

The cultures at Clemson and South Carolina are very different and it’s obvious.

Sep 1, 2019, 7:44 PM [ in reply to Re: Question about coot fans. ]

I do not pretend to believe all gamecock fans are trash or thugs. I work with them and go to church with them and they are mostly good, rational people. It is, however, in no way delusional to point out that there is behavior at Williams Brice stadium I have witnessed almost every time I go there that I have never seen directed toward any opponent in hundreds of games at Clemson. Unprovoked shout downs and people getting in my face to yell "Clemson Sux!" Limitless taunting on the roundabout exits when the gamecocks win. Not to mention well documented throwing of batteries, plastic and glass bottles and other projectiles, spittle, and middle fingers, not just on Clemson touchdowns but on their merely running on the field. I do not know what the problem is. Maybe it is frustation at the relative lack of success, particuarly against Clemson. Maybe it is the tendency to night games which makes some sense with the Columbia heat in the early season, but also gives fans all day to load up on alcohol. I hope neither stadium decides to allow alcohol sales. There is plenty of booze at the tailgates already.

Sep 1, 2019, 8:31 PM [ in reply to Re: Question about coot fans. ]

There is a difference. We demand and expect a winner from our sports program and University. You do not. You've learned to accept mediocrity and have no expectations beyond beating Clemson. You've made a culture of hating us instead of learning to be a winner so your fanbase acts the way the only know how to by showing their hate and jealousy towards us. Nothing will change. We are winners. You are not.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 1, 2019, 8:57 PM [ in reply to Re: Question about coot fans. ]

Epitome of delusion......
Muschamp WAS our first choice.
Clemson's football not much better than UofSuC, if at all!
We are cycling in while Clemson is cycling out.
Uof SuC would go undefeated in the ACC.
Clemson is scared of us.
Boom is a defensive mastermind.
That Darius Rucker sponsored recording studio will draw in those 5 stars.
And so on....

You people are living in the deep end.
The cultures associated with each program have never been so different.

You referring to literally ANYONE else as deluded....

Sep 2, 2019, 10:58 AM [ in reply to Re: Question about coot fans. ]

is the epitome and hypocrisy and irony.

Oh and by the way, don't flatter yourself, uof5c fans are NOTHING like Clemson fans.

Just ask any fan of an opposing team who has been to games at both schools.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Sep 2, 2019, 11:17 AM [ in reply to Re: Question about coot fans. ]

Just go to a Clemson /Suck I game in Columbia and then Clemson. The difference is night and day. Clemson has probably 1% fans that are trash. The coots have MAYBE 1% that are not. It is night and day between our fan bases.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 1, 2019, 6:00 PM

Nope,nada,nyet, hellstotheno!

Why would any fanbase accept a bunch of meth head, battery throwing,dumpster sex clods as one on their own? Better is to reuire them to be branded so it makes it easy to ID them as Coots and not allow them in to respectable places.

No, best is the standard. ??***

Sep 1, 2019, 6:03 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

no

Sep 1, 2019, 6:32 PM

I would not pee on them
If they were on fire

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nope

Sep 1, 2019, 8:37 PM

and based on my occasional visits to read other fan board, I don't want these fans either:

Georgia
Georgia Tech
Miami
Louisville
Wake Forest
UNC
NC State
Notre Dame

I would include Duke but if they dropped football and really wanted to come to our side, I think we could work with all six of them.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No!!***

Sep 1, 2019, 8:46 PM

#### ###### #### NO!***

Sep 2, 2019, 11:13 AM

Nope, turn the boat around and send them all back to

Sep 2, 2019, 11:22 AM

Cooterville.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 30
| visibility 3,659
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic