Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Question about a couple things I keep hearing
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 4,999

Question about a couple things I keep hearing

Jan 13, 2019, 4:38 PM

or have been hearing for about a decade now....

“Brownell is a good guy”. Really? How do any of you know what kind of person he is? Besides Judge Keller who actually may be his wife none of you know anything about the man.

“Brownell is a good coach”. Based on what? The slow starts and long scoring droughts? If he’s such a good coach why are none of the basketball schools coming after him?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Question about a couple things I keep hearing

Jan 13, 2019, 4:48 PM

He carried himself like a complete gentleman on the dates I went on with him. Class act and not handsy at all. I felt safe. Players seem to like him too.

Jan 13, 2019, 4:58 PM

He’s a defensive minded coach. Not surprised he didn’t make a move.

Jan 13, 2019, 4:48 PM

Well I don't know about all of that, but he has owned the gamecocks the last several years.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 13, 2019, 4:50 PM

Maybe if our fanbase cared about basketball like they do football we would have a chance.

Jan 13, 2019, 4:57 PM

If you build it they will come.

Little John was considered one of the toughest venues in the country under our previous coach.

Jan 13, 2019, 5:01 PM

Exactly. I remember when nobody went to the Golden State Warriors nor The Clippers games. I remember when nobody would go the Saints games too. I remember when people would pack the house at FSU too. I remember when LJ used to rock as well. Build it and they will come.

Jan 17, 2019, 9:52 AM [ in reply to Re: Question about a couple things I keep hearing ]

Yes it was tough venue for Martin, Horn, Odom, and Fogler.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 13, 2019, 5:03 PM

I’ve met him... Family has met him. Son attended basketball camp. He runs a tight ship with his players. Very disciplined, well spoken and awesome with young players/campers. He’s a great man and a very well respected coach, teacher and human being. Keep in mind who hired him. Also, you’re coach is a mouth-breathing thug loser. I’m sure he enjoys his time in the locker room with his chicken players.... I’ll take CBB over that D$&@ any day.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 13, 2019, 5:14 PM

I have met coach B a number of times. He's a class act imo.
J hops opinion really doesn't count. Does it?

Jan 13, 2019, 8:40 PM

Absolutely correct. Irregardless, he’s just trolling lake Murray as usual...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't disagree with what you're saying because

Jan 17, 2019, 8:09 AM [ in reply to Re: Question about a couple things I keep hearing ]

I don't know the man, but it seems to me that was the same conversation we had about Tommy Bowden and that is who he reminds me of. Good guy and can get some wins and make you respectable but will never get over the hump.

Re: I don't disagree with what you're saying because

Jan 17, 2019, 9:05 AM

Tommy had his nose in the air at Clemson. He would hide from the public and was actually extremely arrogant. My now wife waited on him a few times at the Blue Herron and said he was cold. Players hated him. I had friends on the team that by the time they were seniors wanted to be done. Didn’t care if they lost and dreaded if they would make a bowl. Tommy was a joke of a coach and won his only meaningful games cuz his daddy laid down.

Jan 13, 2019, 5:17 PM

Hey Jhop

Your need for attention is hilarious.

Jan 13, 2019, 5:28 PM

Troll

Question about what I keep hearing from you...

Jan 13, 2019, 6:29 PM

What does cluck cluckcluck cluck cluckcluck cluuuuuuuck cluuuck cluckcluck cluck cluck cluuuuck cluckcluck cluck cluckcluck cluck cluckcluck cluuuuuuuck cluuuck cluckcluck cluck cluck cluuuuckcluck cluckcluck cluck cluckcluck cluuuuuuuck cluuuck cluckcluck cluck cluck cluuuuckcluck cluckcluck cluck cluckcluck cluuuuuuuck cluuuck cluckcluck cluck cluck cluuuuckcluck cluckcluck cluck cluckcluck cluuuuuuuck cluuuck cluckcluck cluck cluck cluuuuckcluck cluckcluck cluck cluckcluck cluuuuuuuck cluuuck cluckcluck cluck cluck cluuuuckcluck cluckcluck cluck cluckcluck cluuuuuuuck cluuuck cluckcluck cluck cluck cluuuuckcluck cluckcluck cluck cluckcluck cluuuuuuuck cluuuck cluckcluck cluck cluck cluuuuckcluck cluckcluck cluck cluckcluck cluuuuuuuck cluuuck cluckcluck cluck cluck cluuuuckcluck cluckcluck cluck cluckcluck cluuuuuuuck cluuuck cluckcluck cluck cluck cluuuuck

mean?

the important thing is that he eats lunch at Groucho's

Jan 13, 2019, 6:31 PM

Like 3 times a week

Re: the important thing is that he eats lunch at Groucho's

Jan 16, 2019, 11:35 PM

Which one?

There's like 25 locations now. Which one matters to you?

Good guy? I think it is easy to read people from what you see and here

Jan 13, 2019, 7:58 PM

And it’s safe to say he’s a good guy.
I would say he’s a good coach based on his ability to take teams with average talent and stay within the mid pack area of the ACC...
Where I’ve questioned his attributes and have from the moment they hired him was...recruiting. You gotta recruit well to make it as a Clemson b-ball coach. He’s done good but not great. Had he secured Zion I think it would have opened the doors to another world of players but unfortunately... it wasn’t to be

Re: Good guy? I think it is easy to read people from what you see and here

Jan 13, 2019, 8:46 PM

Agree with your poast, but Zion was not CBB’s loss. That was pure and simple the result of a policy that is defacing college b-ball- one and done. Highest bidder wins. Not saying that money changed hands, but it’s not a clean transaction.....

Jan 13, 2019, 8:22 PM

He finished above all other coaches recruiting Zion Williamson except for 1. No other basketball coach can say that.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 16, 2019, 11:48 PM

And that #1 didn't lift a finger to recruit him.

For the one-and-dones, recruiting is a waste of time.
They aren't interested in building relationships, or programs, or resumes, or even friendships. Most really aren't interested in an education either (3 years of online classes after moving to the NBA?), so all of the good qualities of your program, school or coach are meaningless.

I agree that it would have been fun to support the Paw with Zion playing for us, but you can't possibly blame Brownell for not getting him. The family was just saving face with that ridiculous comment.

Better kweshon... Why Moosecramps is a dickk?***

Jan 16, 2019, 11:06 PM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do you care about him as a person or a coach?

Jan 16, 2019, 11:19 PM

You've already made it quite clear that you don't like him.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: Why do you care about him as a person or a coach?

Jan 17, 2019, 7:54 AM

Wrong. Not saying he’s not a good guy. My point is simply that nobody really knows what kind of guy he is and for some reason nobody ever said that about Purnell.

Tell 'em coot.

Jan 17, 2019, 8:14 AM

He is no frank martin, thankfully.

Plenty of people know he's a good guy.

Jan 17, 2019, 8:31 AM [ in reply to Re: Why do you care about him as a person or a coach? ]

Just because you haven't witnessed it firsthand doesn't mean it isn't true.

You have already seen several people on this thread speak to meeting or knowing Coach Brownell, who have stated without question that he is a genuinely good, likable person. His players love him, and his assistant coaches and our administration do too.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Replies: 26
| visibility 4,999
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic