Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Put Clemson in the SEC and they become Georgia ... TRUE!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

Put Clemson in the SEC and they become Georgia ... TRUE!

Jul 5, 2019, 9:56 AM

Put Clemson in the SEC East and they “become Georgia” ... while Georgia becomes Syracuse.

Put Clemson in the SEC and they win the East and then they actually beat Alabama for the SEC title while “Georgia-Cuse” fights for second place and a decent bowl game (which they lose).

Put Clemson in the SEC and at the end of the day, 44-16 looks just the same as it did coming from the ACC.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Put Clemson in the SEC and they become Georgia ... TRUE!

Jul 5, 2019, 9:58 AM

But then Clemson could get the recruits that want to put on their "Big Boy Pants" and play "Big Boy Football." They ALL go to the SEC.
It would just mean more.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Jul 5, 2019, 10:08 AM

Syracuse, why Syracuse?

Can any Clemson fan brag and stand behind their record without dissing someone else. Clemson has earned the right. No need to be so thin skinned. SMH

I know there are trolls ... they are few compared to the masses. Every team has them. The great thing about them ... you can stand back and laugh when you are on top.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 5, 2019, 10:11 AM

Because Syracuse is probably the #2 team in the ACC.
https://athlonsports.com/college-football/acc-football-predictions-early-2019

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Jul 5, 2019, 10:14 AM

Swimmer ... you know that is still a cut.

Clemson has played in 3 of the last four NC games.

Clemson has won 2 of them.

Clemson thumped the mess out of Alabama in the last one.

Georgia is the only team not Alabama or Clemson that has played for a NC in the last four years ...

... I ask again, Syracuse?

Jul 5, 2019, 10:25 AM

Comparing UGA to Syracuse is nonsensical. At least they've moved on from "proof" that Kirby Smart is cheating, for the moment anyway.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hey AFDAWG, not surprised to see to see you

Jul 5, 2019, 11:01 AM

A little surprised you haven't brought up the series
record, again. Which of course would then cue the Natty
rebuttal, 4th and 11 fake punts, and whatever else. So
let's just get it over with shall we.

- Clemson vs UGA football series record: 18-42-4, got it
- UGA last won the NC in 1980, since then Clemson has won
3, including 2 of the last 3... check
- UGA choked away big leads to Bama in the NC game 18 months
ago and the SECCG 11 months later with some questionable play
calling... check

Btw, always wondered why Fields didn't throw the ball. What's
the worst that could happen? UGA was gonna turn the ball over
on downs anyway. JF couldn't have thought he'd get 11 yards up
the middle against Bama. Live and learn and transfer.

Also btw, i'm hungry. Those vegan bacon-wrapped jalapenos
suggested by lovingit sound good right.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fields must have been pretty sure he was gonna get the

Jul 5, 2019, 11:43 AM

waiver to play this coming season. If he had to sit out
a year, he could have just stayed at UGA and replaced Fromm
next year, since Fromm is being projected as the 2nd or 3rd
best QB available in the 2020 draft.

A little lame he could claim racism as a reason he shouldn't
have to wait a year. It should never happen but it does and
i'm sure he's heard it before. And isn't his sister still
enrolled at UGA? And then former UGA TE Luke Ford was denied
immediate eligibility after transferring to Illinois to be
closer to his sick grandfather. At least be consistent one
way or the other.

Message was edited by: BigAl31®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 5, 2019, 11:06 AM [ in reply to Re: Put Clemson in the SEC and they become Georgia ... TRUE! ]

The logic is ... Clemson winning the SEC East leaves Georgia out of the SEC title game and out of playoff contention.

They would then be playing for a nice bowl slot, same as Syracuse in the ACC.

If you don't like the Syracuse comparison, then plug in some other also-ran.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Comparing uga to Syracuse makes perfect sense....

Jul 5, 2019, 11:09 AM [ in reply to Re: Put Clemson in the SEC and they become Georgia ... TRUE! ]

Have a lead in your biggest game of the year and lose it in the fourth quarter.

Gotta sound familiar.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 5, 2019, 10:37 AM [ in reply to Re: Put Clemson in the SEC and they become Georgia ... TRUE! ]

This entire thread is in response to a college football analyst who put Clemson down by suggesting Clemson wouldn't be on top if they were in the SEC. I'm not sure how one could argue against that without being critical of someone. Should Clemson fans just cheer "We're Number 1" and never argue against critics? These football message boards would become so boring nobody would bother posting anymore.

Jul 5, 2019, 10:46 AM

No they shouldn’t but to look for crap, and there is plenty of crap on the internet, is not typical of a champion. My comments have more to do with calling Georgia a “Syracuse”.

I have been on TigerNet for a long time. Always respectful, remember I am a guest and never a troll. I have no use for trolls ... no matter what team ... better not to feed them.

I may say things that everyone may not agree with but that only starts a true discussion.

Jul 5, 2019, 10:20 AM

Put Clemson in the SEC East and they “become Georgia” ... while Georgia becomes Syracuse.

Put Clemson in the SEC and they win the East and then they actually beat Alabama for the SEC title while Georgia-Cuse fights for second place and a decent bowl game (which they lose).

Put Clemson in the SEC and at the end of the day, 44-16 looks just the same as it did coming from the ACC.

Would we then have SEC speed size and strength? And will other SEC teams finally show up, since they only show up against SEC foes? I hate that we don't get their best because we are ACC

Jul 5, 2019, 10:24 AM

SVP - can’t play the victim card with me. Clemson is clearly in top. Not a hard thing to accept. You can actually laugh at anyone that thinks that ... and ignore the trolls.

I appreciate the message

Jul 5, 2019, 10:53 AM

And I think most Clemson fans know we are on top right now, in a clear way. It appears that other outlets only think that's possible with Clemson not being in the SEC (while glossing over other advantages Clemson would gain if it were in the SEC).

So if it's not a hard thing to accept, maybe we need virtuous souls such as yourself to go respond to those particular people who can't seem to accept it, and not essentially tell Clemson fans to let it go (and let people keep making up false stories)?

Clemson

Re: I appreciate the message

Jul 5, 2019, 11:05 AM

There will always be things in the internet that will offend ... and more often, not even be true ... for example “Georgia is irrelevant”. No need to get burned up on crap like that ... and back to the purpose of my original post in this threat ... no need to degrade anyone else just to feel good about ourselves.

Clemson has proven to belong on top.

Let’s recap on where I think Clemson is ...

At the start of 2019 I believed Clemson to be in a “rebuilding” situation. Even struggled a bit to begin the season. Then ... TL showed you with instant leadership and talent out the ying-yang.

Instantly Clemson got better and continued to improve throughout the season - He pulled everyone up with him ... only to end the season with a shellacking of Alabama.

Don’t even have to address what is going on with recruitment. It’s off the chain. Quite impressive.

Where did you think the rebuilding was going to occur?

Jul 5, 2019, 11:12 AM

Just wondering, outsider's take can be interesting.

And where you say this:

"no need to degrade anyone else just to feel good about ourselves"

That's exactly what Clemson fans are bothered by - SEC faithful degrading Clemson's season and destructive victory over the near-crowned greatest team of all time by saying "Well, they wouldn't have done that if this...".

Clemson

Re: Where did you think the rebuilding was going to occur?

Jul 5, 2019, 11:15 AM

There are trolls... two or three that are regulars here.

On the real “football” boards they are few and far between. Never know if they are real fans of a team, fans of other teams and doing it for giggles ...

Jul 6, 2019, 8:49 AM

You consider this a "real" football board, Citadel? How many threads you see that are about the X's and O's of football or recruiting vice threads about SC, UGA, the SEC, Paul Finebaum, or the global conspiracy to deny Clemson their glory? I've never once posted anything negative about Clemson the school, team, or Dabo. My son attends and as long as they aren't playing the Dawgs, I root for them to win. Doesn't matter. You're called a troll the minute you aren't in lock-step with Clemson being the purest, most lily white, moral coaching and institution that has ever existed, while all others are cheating dirt bags. It's their board and they can discuss anything that want, but let's not pretend this is about football.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Really?

Jul 6, 2019, 10:46 AM

I just went to DawgNation and The Junkyard and they're
talking about bikinis, beans, bourbon, etc. with a little
football mixed in and making fun of FSU and the coots. How
is that any different?

Sure we're biased and a little over the top at times and have
our share of nutcase fans just like your redneck, bottle throwing,
pick-a-fight fans. But that's not representative of all of you,
is it? And i'm sure if I went to DawgNation or the Junkyard and
started questioning everything and dissing UGA, it wouldn't go over
very well. And UGA fans say a lot of stuff every other fan base
doesn't agree with. So if you're so offended, maybe you need a
break from TigerNet and go talk biased stuff with Dawg fans.

https://forum.dawgnation.com/

https://247sports.com/college/georgia/Board/Georgia-Bulldogs-Message-Board-Forum-19/

Jul 5, 2019, 12:59 PM [ in reply to Where did you think the rebuilding was going to occur? ]

I just don’t see as much of that as some here do ... plus I don’t go out looking for it.

Rebuilding ... not as lack of talent last season but in experience. The Clemson that beat TAM is not the same team that beat Alabama. TL was the main reason. Talent and leadership wise.

Other SEC teams would "show up" for us just like they do

Jul 5, 2019, 10:56 AM [ in reply to Re: Put Clemson in the SEC and they become Georgia ... TRUE! ]

for Alabama.

And I think we win 3 out of 5 against Bama going forward.

Jul 5, 2019, 10:29 AM

Put Clemson in the SEC and we would have to become their English, Math, Social Science, and Chemistry tutor.

Vanderbilt will be out of a job. Considering their high tuition, that could cause a economic depression due to loan defaults/non-payment. Not good.

The worst thing, it might actually give NC State hope to win the Atlantic... haha just kidding. They don't have a chance.

Jul 5, 2019, 11:50 AM

With one exception. Clemson doesn't blow a 21 - 7 lead with a little over 3 minutes to go in the 2nd quarter. It ends up 44 - 16 wouldn't you say? Go Tigers!!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

not true, we would continue to beat bama

Jul 6, 2019, 8:54 AM

bama holds a thumb right now against uga going back 12 years

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic