Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Probably been addressed
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

Probably been addressed

Jan 16, 2019, 11:34 AM

but if Kelly Bryant had remained starter, how do you think we would have done? I have to admit I think we would have been 14-0 going into the championship game. Then I'm not sure.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

The presence of a legitimate downfield passing threat...

Jan 16, 2019, 11:36 AM

really opened-up the offense for Clemson, something that simply didn't exist on a consistent basis with Bryant.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Probably been addressed

Jan 16, 2019, 11:37 AM

Who can really say but imo we would have had pretty close games with BC and Duke.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The ND game would have been realll close

Jan 16, 2019, 11:40 AM

Like really close. Probably within a few points. Probably would have lost to Alabama by 1-2 TDs. As well as the defense played those games, the success of the offense really helped the defense. Alabama wouldn't have been so desperate on 4th downs had KB been our QB.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 16, 2019, 11:42 AM

So you think he'd have beaten Syracuse? I wouldn't be too sure of that...keep in mind, Etienne had over 200 yards and 3 rushing TD's in that game...with Kelly in, he'd have been running A LOT less.

Jan 16, 2019, 11:42 AM

If by remaining the starter, you mean continuing the timeshare then I could see 14-0.

If you mean Bryant being the guy and taking 90% of the snaps, then I am much less confident in games like: BC, NC State, and Syracuse. NC State wasn't a close game, but all of our offense was based off of TL's arm.

We would probably have won every game in the regular

Jan 16, 2019, 11:43 AM

season, with some being close. ND would probably have been a close win also. Bama would have been a loss. Even with the downfield passing threat we had with TL, we did not run it all that well. With no vertical threat via KB, result would have been much the same as last year, I am afraid. Glad we will never have to find out.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Question??? How many WRs . . .

Jan 16, 2019, 11:49 AM

would have entered the "portal" because we wouldn't have had a QB who would/could distribute the ball?

A question I'm tickled we don't have to answer!!!

Also, our RBs probably would have been smothered at the LOS due to the box being loaded!!!

We would have had more 3 and outs, less sustained drives and certainly considerably less points scored. Thus our Defense would have had to play more, heavier load on our starters, less freshness the later in the season we went, less quality experience for backups, more chance of injury . . . you get the picture.

TL simply changed this team, this season . . . Kudos to Dabo for doing what needed to be done for the greater good!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 16, 2019, 11:58 AM

SYR would have been interesting had he stayed. Would he have let Chase do it or would he have wanted to play

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think watching him at Missouri is the key

Jan 16, 2019, 12:43 PM

Because there is a bridge and KB unfortunately chose to be the water under it.....

I really do wish him well. Beat the gamecocks!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic