Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
South Carolina is not going to be a easy game
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 59
| visibility 1

South Carolina is not going to be a easy game

Oct 22, 2019, 12:07 AM

Everyone and the media are writing it off that we will easily win out. I think we will win it they will be the best DL we play in the regular season

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: South Carolina is not going to be a easy game

Oct 22, 2019, 12:13 AM

Oh yeah . I agree . It could be the closest thing they get to a bowl game .

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They will be hungry....

Oct 22, 2019, 4:06 PM

...after a loss to App State.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 22, 2019, 12:20 AM

You must have missed the Missouri game. UofSC is an average team and would finish somewhere in the middle of the pack in the ACC. With that logic I assume we handle them like we do a middle tier ACC team.

Georgia isn't the team people thought as evidenced by Kentucky and Florida is completely overrated. They are good, not great. We will beat them like we do our ACC schedule given thats about what they are.

Oct 22, 2019, 7:48 AM

So we're still elite and voters are treating us unfair when we beat UNC by 1 point, but Georgia is proven to be overrated when they beat Kentucky by 21?

Oct 22, 2019, 9:07 AM

Have you watched the games? UGA looked terrible against both SC and UK, both at home. They managed to lose one of them.

Clemson struggled once, on the road, and won (whereas UGA's struggle led to a loss).

The gap in the situations is vast.

Oct 22, 2019, 11:54 AM

I never thought Georgia was as good as Clemson or Bama, so I'm with you from the standpoint of them being overrated in that context. I would hold the South Carolina game against them for sure, but it's hard for me to hold the Kentucky game against them. It was raining all game, and yes I know it rains on both teams, but the rain did obviously change up the offensive plan. Georgia only attempted 12 passes in the game, and most weren't really down the field as they completed 9 of those passes for roughly 30 yards.

My overall comment above though was because I see a lot of comments saying other teams are overrated while pointing to games those teams won while playing ugly. Then those same people get upset at people saying we're overrated due to the UNC game. I don't think we're overrated btw, I just can't blame other fans and media for thinking so because we'd be doing the same if it were any other team in our position.

EVERYONE SUCKS EXCEPT CLEMSON

Oct 22, 2019, 9:05 AM [ in reply to Re: South Carolina is not going to be a easy game ]

SEC IS OVERRATED!!
ACC IS GREAT!!

Oct 22, 2019, 12:30 AM

The biggest concern about playing the Peckerheads at WB is the Officiating!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 22, 2019, 12:35 AM

and water bottles and trash being thrown at players

Oct 22, 2019, 9:04 AM

The projectiles from their inbred fan base concerns me most. I don't really consider beating them an insurmountable task, at all.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 22, 2019, 6:05 AM [ in reply to Re: South Carolina is not going to be a easy game ]

It will be an ACC crew there.When it is at Clemson it is an SEC crew.

That was exactly the point

Oct 22, 2019, 8:59 AM

Since when do we get equal treatment by ACC officials?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Re: That was exactly the point

Oct 22, 2019, 9:07 AM

Totally agree. Sad to say it, but ACC officials have been terrible (at least towards Clemson) fot a long time. I think Swoffie puts a clause in their contracts that says they must forget how to make good and accurate calls when Clemson is playing. In a word, they are terrible, but secheat officials are pretty poor, too, IMO.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 22, 2019, 10:09 AM

Holding...they learn to never see holding UNLESS Clemson does it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 22, 2019, 11:59 AM [ in reply to Re: That was exactly the point ]

Can we not admit that every fan base feels like the refs make poor calls that go against their team? Or that the refs miss calls that should have gone in their favor?

It's natural to notice a potential missed holding call against your team, or to either not notice one against your own team, or to justify a missed one against your own team as the refs just letting them play or whatever.

Pretty sure we will have ACC officials***

Oct 22, 2019, 7:20 AM [ in reply to Re: South Carolina is not going to be a easy game ]

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Re: Pretty sure we will have ACC officials***

Oct 22, 2019, 8:42 AM

that was his point, we will have acc officials

ACC officials

Oct 22, 2019, 10:36 AM [ in reply to Re: South Carolina is not going to be a easy game ]

And that one #### of a ref can't be there.

Oct 22, 2019, 1:29 AM

By the time they get to us Helsinki will be a quadriplegic in a wheelchair and still be taking snaps...

I hate the Coots... the worse fan base is a toss up between them

Oct 22, 2019, 1:35 AM

and Georgia.

I don’t think we will lose, but I do think they will give us a game. It’s college football.

All the “did you see them against...”. They’ll win in the bottle throwing contest... doo doo ice blah blah blah put aside. They are not going to lay down unless we put 21 quick points up in the first quarter.

Flame the OP or myself away.

Re: I hate the Coots... the worse fan base is a toss up between them

Oct 22, 2019, 6:44 AM

It's not about how they do , or what they'll do and how tough they'll play .
Clemson is on a totally different trajectory and the Coots will be lucky to stay in that game for the first half .
I predict a blowout . We'll win by 21+ points and it wouldn't surprise me if we beat them by 30+ points .
They'll struggle to move the ball effectively on BVs defensive side , and if you haven't been watching allow me to put you on notice that our defense's # ones are absolutely stonewalling people this year . We're giving up 10 pts a game through 7 .
No , the coots are gonna get served in their house , again ... by a Clemson team mentally focusing on it's Championship phase .

I will call it 44-17 Tigers , but I think putting 50+ on them is an absolute reality if we keep our starters in past the 3rd quarter .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Re: I hate the Coots... the worse fan base is a toss up between them

Oct 22, 2019, 6:45 AM [ in reply to I hate the Coots... the worse fan base is a toss up between them ]

#SackerlinaSucks

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

I agree our feathered friends will be prepared

Oct 22, 2019, 6:55 AM [ in reply to I hate the Coots... the worse fan base is a toss up between them ]

We throw the ball to their wide open defensive backs like we have been we could lose. They have a better running game than usual in the top 10 rushing offenses. Plus we're sort of a slow starting team so we will ha d to be patient.
Right now let's worry about Boston College. They run it well too.

Re: I agree our feathered friends will be prepared

Oct 22, 2019, 7:44 AM

They're 36th in rushing.

Oct 22, 2019, 2:32 AM

By gameday there will be no mysteries. They won't meet the Tigers who barely beat the Tarholes and we won't face the Coots who beat the GA Dawgs. Anyone who thinks otherwise is on cheap drugs.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I disagree, U5Cjr is a average at best

Oct 22, 2019, 2:35 AM

Offensive team averaging 28ppg, if you factor out the 72 against Charleston Southern and their average drops to 20ppg. Their defense gives up 26ppg, and they gave up 34 points to Mizzu, a team that’s lost to Wyoming and Vandy. Clemson will beat U5Cjr by 4 touchdowns and the starters will be out of the game midway through the 3rd quarter.

Oct 22, 2019, 2:53 AM

The line will probably be 10 1/2. We win by 9-14.

Oct 22, 2019, 9:35 AM

Have you seen an early line that makes you think this?

I haven't seen anything but my guess is that we will be facing a 5 loss team and I would be shocked if the line is less than 15 is both teams are healthy.

Obviously major injuries could change things for either side.

Agreed

Oct 22, 2019, 10:56 AM

Barring major injury there’s no way this spread is under 14 and likely 17+

Oct 22, 2019, 12:01 PM [ in reply to Re: South Carolina is not going to be a easy game ]

Vegas had them as 20+ point underdogs against both Bama and Georgia. I could see our line being a bit under 20 due to them getting a little more credit in Vegas for beating Georgia, but it's not going to be close to 10 unless significant injuries occur before then.

Haha

Oct 22, 2019, 4:02 AM

Right.

Best DL? Sure.

South Carolina will be a blow out. They'll likely gonna finish with a .500 record. They're probably going to lose to App State. They played well (for them) against an very overrated UGA team, and a decent UF team. Neither of those teams are close to elite though. Let's not forget they play in the most overrated conference in the country, and in a crappy division. Clemson will continue to trend up for the rest of the season.

Clemson may be erratic on offense at the moment, but I'm not remotely worried about South Carolina.

How many good DLs are we playing this year??

Oct 22, 2019, 9:06 AM

A&Ms was OK. Umm... yeah.

SC's DL is as good as any we will have faced.

Re: How many good DLs are we playing this year??

Oct 22, 2019, 4:00 PM

I'm not sure how many good DL's we'll face in the regular season, but if I had to guess I'd put it somewhere between 5-6.

I'm not sure any are "elite", but the two most talented would have to be FSU and Texas A&M.

I'm not convinced the offenses that SC are facing are all that...their DL isn't anything special.

Oct 22, 2019, 6:16 AM

It never is. Would you want a rival game to be any different?

Oct 22, 2019, 6:24 AM

I think it will be a difficult game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Never say never

Oct 22, 2019, 9:13 AM [ in reply to Re: South Carolina is not going to be a easy game ]

November 29, 2014 Clemson 35–17 Clemson, SC
November 28, 2015 Clemson 37–32 Columbia, SC
November 26, 2016 Clemson 56–7 Clemson, SC
November 25, 2017 Clemson 34–10 Columbia, SC
November 24, 2018 Clemson 56–35 Clemson, SC

Looks like it's been pretty easy lately (OK 2015 with hobbled DW was relatively close). I don't think this year will be any different. Tigers by 30.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Never say never

Oct 22, 2019, 9:17 AM

Watson was hobbled in 2014, not 2015. We controlled most of the game in 2015 but gave up a late score (1 second left on the clock) which made it look closer than it was.

Re: Never say never

Oct 22, 2019, 12:06 PM

We didn't have a lot of depth on defense that season, and gave up a lot of 2nd half points in games once the defense started to wear down.

Umm...not so fast my friend

Oct 22, 2019, 6:46 AM

Best defensive line we have faced? Not sure where you are getting this but the facts say otherwise:

USuC Total Defense: 69 (396.6 ypg)
USuC Run Defense: 55 (146.9 ypg)
USuC Pass Defense: 90 (250.6 ypg)

Other total defenses we will have faced that are better: UNC (62), NC State (44), and most importantly our own defense in practice - Clemson (5). From a pass defense perspective we will have faced better in GA Tech (24), Texas A&M (38), UNC (57), NC State (80) and most importantly our own pass defense in practice - Clemson (3).

We are way better than USuC at every position and Clemson will be the best and most balanced team they have seen this year. Their home field advantage will last right up until Clemson's first score - after that it will be all down hill for the dirt peckers. If we are undefeated going into this game there will be nothing other than ourselves that can stop us from winning because a USuC team that will probably have 5 or 6 losses by the time we roll into the cockroach ain't gonna beat the Tigers.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

NC State does NOT have a good defense

Oct 22, 2019, 9:09 AM

And they just give up approx 1 million rushing yards to BC last week. Total defense is a trash stat.

Just looking at yardage to evaluate offense or defense

Oct 22, 2019, 10:58 AM [ in reply to Umm...not so fast my friend ]

Is not a good metric. Gross yardage totals can be misleading and rarely tell much of a complete picture of a defense.

It will be a comfortable 2 TD+ win

Oct 22, 2019, 7:16 AM

Florida scored almost 40 with no passing game. Hilinski is fine but he’s having to throw the ball 40+ times and make 0 mistakes to be able to win football games. Not to mention BV is going to want to prove a point after last year.

Oct 22, 2019, 7:27 AM

Uh - Deebo is gone. Sorry OP, but you need only to re-watch their bowl game from last year to see how ineffective they are against any team with a pulse (and a SMART coach).

Oct 22, 2019, 8:02 AM

I agree with those who say the Chickens are no better than a mid-tier ACC team, but the OP is right: this will be a grudge match/rivalry game, their bowl game, the state championship, their opportunity to knock us out of a CFP that might require an unblemished record. They will use any intimidation tactic they can, including pregame faceoffs or danceoffs, bottle-throwing students and Ostarine-sniffing canines.
They represent the SEC in all its athletic thuggishness--when they thinks it matters, it does, and they will give you their best shot.

Because their team leadership is so young/unstable/inconsistent, i think the DL is the easiest position group to get a read on. And again i agree with the OP. GA's OL is supposed to be hot snot, but Wonnam and Kinlaw particularly made them look like high schoolers according to both SC and GA observations. Every other position seems to perform inconsistently, but they have several other improvements from last year.

Helinski cannot be counted on to self-destruct like Bentley did.
Muschamp has demonstrated that in desperate moments he will call anything anywhere on the field.
Last year they escaped the box of total domination we had locked them down with the previous several years. Sure we beat them by 21, Dabo, but we let them have some highlights. Their OC ran some stuff that caught us napping. Now they believe that this is the year we are vulnerable, especially if they can put pressure on TL.

Too bad for them they don't like to use a 3-man front.

I don't think their DL quality runs deep, so we can wear them down at the very least. And nothing neutralizes a good DL like a quick passing game. Hopefully TL will not be locked into 40-yard throws all night.

I think we win going away. Like 24-17 going into the 4th, then we win 41-17.

And of course, we'll drop one spot in the polls.

I predict it's 50-50 chance to win or lose..

Oct 22, 2019, 8:26 AM

until the ball is kicked! LOL

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I predict it's 50-50 chance to win or lose..

Oct 22, 2019, 10:14 AM

Well, SCAR has a 50-50 chance of winning the coin toss.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 22, 2019, 12:09 PM [ in reply to Re: South Carolina is not going to be a easy game ]

They played very well against Georgia, but they also played a lot of man coverage and stacked the box to stop the run. Georgia's receivers got exposed in that game and the combination of them not being able to get open, and Fromm unable to make the throws allowed South Carolina to keep playing that way. It's unlikely they'd be able to handle our receivers and Lawrence by playing man coverage.

Oct 22, 2019, 12:15 PM [ in reply to Re: South Carolina is not going to be a easy game ]

Also, Hilinski has looked good for a Freshman, but what makes you think he isn't prone to self-destructing? He had a key fumble against Florida while completing less than 50% of his passes. He had the world's dumbest fumble against Missouri that was picked up for a touchdown, and also threw an INT at the goal line in that same game that was returned for another touchdown. He wasn't asked to do a whole lot against Georgia before going out with an injury, and he didn't have to do much against Kentucky either. I think he's very capable of being forced into mistakes in a game where they won't simply be able to rely on the run game.

That's bullshyatt. We will beat them easily.***

Oct 22, 2019, 8:31 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: If you mean dodging trash and other projectiles, then

Oct 22, 2019, 8:51 AM

yes.

As far as football is concerned, it won't be close. We roll.

Screw Calford.

Oct 22, 2019, 8:57 AM

I never look at USofC and feel completely comfortable being I was winless against them (Class of 2014) during my time at Clemson... Just peaked my hatred of them even more...

LOL... you should stay off FGF.. It'll rot your brain. ***

Oct 22, 2019, 9:44 AM

GO TIGERS!!

there are no easy games left

Oct 22, 2019, 10:03 AM

Did you see how hard Louisville played us in the first half? We’re everybody’s biggest game of the year. Louisville had a great game plan

Re: there are no easy games left

Oct 22, 2019, 10:46 AM

Louisville has better coaching.

Oct 22, 2019, 11:41 AM

There are a number of Reasons We will blow them out:

1) SEC teams don't get up for ACC opponents....SC has proven this time and time again....(see their last few games). They only get up for other SEC teams (See Georgia, Alabama, KY, and Florida ((where the refs won it for Fl according to them)

2) They will be worn out and beat up from the SEC week in Week out Myth

3) Clemson not only has been preparing for Alabama since January, but also for SC. We have a clock that proves this in the locker rooms.

4) The chicken curse is worth 21 points

5) Because the games are always around Thanksgiving, they are distracted with the thought of being Fried

6) The Stare down that TL gave Muschamp last year still gives him nightmares.

7) They are still trying to cover Hunter Renfro, unsuccessfully

8) The water bottle throwing is going to cost them some penalties/sideline infractions...what a bunch of idiots

9) Clemson is the Flagship University of the State, with everything light years better.

10 In columbia, when drive on Bull street towards downtown....at the end of "bull" is USC

Let's hope the ACC officiating crew protects the best team

Oct 22, 2019, 11:47 AM

in the ACC the same way the SEC crews protect their best teams. Especially against USuK. :)

LMAO! I just can't today!

Oct 22, 2019, 1:10 PM

HooBoy.

Yes it will be an easy game

Oct 22, 2019, 4:25 PM

We are very good and they are not.

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: Yes it will be an easy game

Oct 22, 2019, 6:34 PM

Clemson will win and we will lock down Feaster because the Tigers are used to practicing against him.

Replies: 59
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic