Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 63
| visibility 1

Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?

Apr 15, 2019, 8:18 AM

Friday night, lil bit of sanding, lil bit of painting.

Saturday, lil bit of painting, lotta bit of waiting around on people. AT&T apparently has to run some new cable. Washer and dryer delivery went well.

Sunday, finally got around to getting the some of the real color onto the one bathroom wall. We have a goal of getting a second bathroom completely stripped of wall paper and painted by next Monday.

Tiger Baseball sucked.

-15/5

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well the only way it could have been better was if

Apr 15, 2019, 8:23 AM

Tiger Woods had left Augusta ####### the GoT chick on the back of a dragon.

Friday - worked on deck ate good Chinese
Saturday- survived judging bbq in a tent during a monsoon
Sunday - watched it rain

Sure am glad Martin is gone from Fla State. Tired of being his #####.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?

Apr 15, 2019, 8:24 AM

Work happy hour friday. Tried to go to the butcher and brewer but they don't serve beer yet (compilation between holy city and evo pizza)
Saturday brewed beer (A fine ### pilsner). I'm trying to ferment it like a lager (temperature in the 50s) without the equipment so we'll see how it goes. I have it sitting in a tote full of water that I'm keeping around 55 degrees. Not sure what I'll do when I have to drop the temp to 40 for 3 weeks. Trip to trader joes in the afternoon
Sunday went to breakfast all the way up in summerville to see a friend. took lil cid40 to the park afterwards and had a great time.

Welp, The Tigers were swept but I didn't die.

Apr 15, 2019, 8:29 AM

Left on spring break for the NC mountains. Spent Sattidy walking around Bryson City, checking out fly fishing shops. Hit Nantahala Brewing and Mountain Layer Brewing for a libation. Du wreck or mend.

Sunday watched the Masters since, storms. Headed over to Harrah's at Cherokee where I invested $15 ($10 in beer and $5 in a sloot machine.

No fishing today as planned - water is too high and muddy in the streams.

8.63/10 (-2 cause beisbol gon beisbol)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Apr 15, 2019, 8:33 AM

Watched golf all weekend.
I lied, I don't watch golf.

Micwife and Micson were both sick, so to show support, I laid around with them all weekend and did NOTHING!

Beisbol sucked.

3.5/7

Apr 15, 2019, 8:35 AM

Great. Watched the Masters all weekend.

Friggin awesome.

Apr 15, 2019, 8:39 AM

10/10 would do again.

Na na na nana. You can't stop drink-ing.***

Apr 15, 2019, 8:49 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pfft.

Apr 15, 2019, 9:04 AM

I stop at least once every day.

I read your post to this tune

Apr 15, 2019, 9:35 AM [ in reply to Na na na nana. You can't stop drink-ing.*** ]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QaG2Acg8n60

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

mas o menos

Apr 15, 2019, 8:41 AM

Friday - Played golf for work charity. Sucked it up, stuck a weiner up my shorts, crushed it with my outfit, dinner at Longhorn's (terrible)

Saturday - McJr was sick with the stomach virus, still had friends over for fried fish and easter eggs dying, saw a caulk

Sunday - skipped church to take McJr to urgent care, he gettin better, fooled around the garage, church in the evening

7/10

Weekend was productive.

Apr 15, 2019, 8:41 AM

Built a 1500mmx1500mm CNC router.

Gonna finish adding the brains to it this week, then start making cool ####.

Gallery of the build: https://imgur.com/gallery/0az3vyK

Nice build!!***

Apr 15, 2019, 8:54 AM

What are you going to build with it?***

Apr 15, 2019, 9:41 AM [ in reply to Weekend was productive. ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

or really, what are you cutting with it?***

Apr 15, 2019, 9:42 AM

Probably gonna do some stuff like signs and maps.

Apr 15, 2019, 10:04 AM

I bought an 80mm spindle, so I should be able to handle anything up to milling aluminum.

First one is probably going to be a sign that says "Did you ever think that maybe if you're not happy it's because of you?"

Next will probably be the Natty Logos.

That escalated quickly

Apr 15, 2019, 10:24 AM

Looks like a pretty cool toy.

Re: That escalated quickly

Apr 15, 2019, 11:01 AM

This is the spindle: https://amzn.to/2Zcl22d

Still waiting on the controllers and power supply to get here, but the kit is available online.

What's really cool about all of this is that with just a couple modifications, I can turn this into a 3d printer or laser engraver.

Apr 15, 2019, 8:42 AM

Sat, stood up on fishing date.

Sun, I refused to fish because lightning predicted and heavy storm warnings. The son who stood me up on Sat pitched a fit over my common sense to not get in a boat before a big storm. He couldn't understand old men are reluctant to gamble by putting the few years of life left on the table and trying to draw to an inside straight.

He borrowed the boat, my best fishing rod and reel for his friend who went and all three fell out of the boat. My confusion is whether or not I'd rather have my best fishing pole have been recovered over the idiot I raised who fell out of a boat in calm water. What a maroon.

I salvage the entire episode by shopping all last week for a new fishing rod and already had bought a new, better, reel. The kids is paying me for the rod and reel he lost and I'm using it as partial payment on a new Fenwick AETOS Rod, 40 ton graphite, 7' 6" one piece blank with 9 FUJI guides and medium action. With the 10% discount Fenwick extended to me and the 50+ bucks the kid will pay for losing my fishing rod the 200 dollar price tag will be bearable at $130.00.

10/10, luckier than a dog with two...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I dunno what lake they were on, but anybody out on the water

Apr 15, 2019, 9:25 AM

yesterday in the Upstate was nuts. We lost several trees, the Seneca river looked like Charleston Harbor on a bad day.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Anyone who falls out of boat is either drunk or stupid.

Apr 15, 2019, 4:17 PM

He wasn't drunk and I have fallen out of a boat since I learned water is for drinking and showers.

TIGER WON IN A MOCK TURTLENECK

Apr 15, 2019, 8:46 AM

AND THE SHOW WITH MIDGETS AND DRAGONS IS BACK.

11/10

GOT LAID ONCE

Friday: Don't remember

Apr 15, 2019, 8:49 AM

Saturday: Busy day. Got up early to cut grass even though the grass was soaked. I have an invasion of blue grass that I'm trying to keep under control. Then we went to a festival. Got ran back to the car twice because of rain. It was a muddy miserable slop. That night, we went to wife of's friend's house. Kids played. Her husband meant he was going to remove me from my stash of beer. Everybody has their least favorite subject of conversation. Mine is cars. I despise talking about cars. This dude only talked about cars the whole night. Taking me around showing me his cars. Then when I finally got the dude back in the house where my beer was, he pulls out a photo album of all of his old cars. Even pictures of him working on the old cars. JFC.

Sunday: Woke up late. Had Easter pictures in the middle of a monsoon. That's not what pissed me off though. Wife of went out and bought matching outfits for her (dress) son (vest, tie, shirt, pants) daughter (dress). However, I got a button down shirt. No matching tie, matching nothing. When asked she says "you can wear the shirt and some khakis. Um no. The rest of the family is dressed up nice, I look like a bum you brought it off the street to make it look like these kids have a daddy. Anyways. Kids did great. Listened to the photographer. Rain held off long enough. Photographer was smoke. Her sister is hotter though. Sister was Miss South Carolina or something like that, runner up maybe IDK. But she's always been weird and stand offish. Sister who's a photographer is still hot but much more down to earth.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Apr 15, 2019, 9:10 AM

I am still hungover from Hunter Renfrow's wedding. We were up all night shrooming and doing blow. Man he can party. Good times.

Briskety.

Apr 15, 2019, 9:11 AM

Friday: supposed to have some frans and their kids over, wives decided too tired and house not clean enough, gave husbands option to hang out without families. Sounds very trappy. Did it anyway. Didn't get much further than grocery store, driveway for some cornhole, backyard for some seared blackened sirloins.

Saturday: Easter egg hunt, errands; prepped this fella:

Sunday: standard 2 hour nap/check grill rinse/repeat routine all night; wrapped the same fella at 8:30am:

Attempted to make Hatch chile BBQ sauce, akin to what Lewis does, but my recipe moshpit ended up being just onion, garlic, Hatch chiles, roasted tomatillos, and chicken bone broth, which landed it pretty close to the enchilada sauce I made a few months ago. Really friggin' good, but also not particularly "bbq sauce". Was still good on brusket. Headed out to IOP to catch up with some longtime Clemson frans and their families in the beach house they have this week. Drank wine and beer. Ate brusket. Bed at 1:30 or 2, working today, but kids on sprang break, so no getting up at 6am at least.

Dat smoke ring doe. Weird, because I've done close to 20 briskets on my kamado and never really get much of a smoke ring. This pic doesn't do it justice because I didn't remember to snap one until most of it was butchered, so this is what's left of the flat end.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That price tag is why I don't try brisket more often

Apr 15, 2019, 9:40 AM

I have only done three and they were "ok". I want to do more, but darn expensive to experiment with.

I try to watch the Costco prices as they are on sale periodically, but I need a fool proof recipe.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I did the same thing my first 4 attempts or so.

Apr 15, 2019, 9:46 AM

It was too expensive and time-consuming to end up with an edible but mostly meh hunk of meat. Then, Costco suddenly started carrying Prime brisket a coupla 3 years ago--first time available in SC, as far as I know. And not only that, they were selling it for $2.75 or $2.89, about half the price of Select that was sitting in the same case (and it stayed that way for years, which means they had to have been selling those Select briskets for twice the price, which confirms that people are as dumb as they've ever been). Costco crept up to $3.50 over the past year.

Anyway, I got sucked back into working on brisket again, armed with a little advice and recipe help from John Lewis and internet message boards. It's a pretty damned good chunk of cow now that I have the end-to-end process down.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

bro. sell by 3/15/19.....***

Apr 15, 2019, 12:04 PM [ in reply to Briskety. ]

Bro, wet age a cryovac'd brisket for 30-50 days.

Apr 15, 2019, 12:15 PM

Could have gone another 2 weeks on this one, but the next few weekends are filled up.

Re: Bro, wet age a cryovac'd brisket for 30-50 days.

Apr 15, 2019, 12:16 PM

Went to Birdfest in Pinewood, SC on Saturday.

Apr 15, 2019, 9:18 AM

Surprisingly fun hippy event in the middle of nowhere. Good bands, kids had fun, I got drunk with friends.

Sunday we watched a Tiger and two Dragons. Perfect 5/7

Apr 15, 2019, 9:25 AM

Friday - dinner at inlaws as always. played with kids. neighborhood dads night out to local bar. drank quite a bit and had a good time.

Saturday - run with my daughter in the stroller since it was so nice out. swim classes with kids, naps while I left to go to UM game. Was in Asst. AD box and we all were stacked with mini bottles, so got hammered, watched some terrible college football and then ended up getting SLAMMED in Ann Arbor. Came home and had great conversation and according to my wife, "didnt seem that drunk". I didnt tell her that I didnt remember the conversation.

Sunday - woke up feeling amazing since I was in bed by like 9pm. Church duty for Palm Sunday, asked for forgiveness and committed to not drinking this week for Holy Week. My wifes Grandma turned 98, so we had a party for her, which was super cool. Then easter egg hunt at church. People at my church are cool. I like the other dads, so it was fun.

9/10

Minus 1 point cause I didn't get to watch too much Masters Sunday or Playoff NBA last night.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not bad I guess

Apr 15, 2019, 9:30 AM

Had a few beers Friday afternoon and got called in on a conf call around 7. It's probably not best to be on a conf call with two SVP's with a 3 beer buzz, but hey..they called me at 7 pm on a Friday. Later went to the Southern to see a surprise Hans Wensel show. Their drummer got in a car wreck about 10 hours before the show, and they called our neighbor to play. He did pretty good for never having played with them before.

Saturday took the boat out of my driveway and back to the marina, but I was hangry and stopped by Red's for a burger on the way out. The tide was flooding in and there are two huge barges in Shem Creek building a walking bridge, so access is very tight. Long story short--I'm waiting for the Qualified Captain footage (I checked--its not there yet) of me getting caught by the the current, having the engine in the wrong direction and backing into the barge, then overcompensating by throwing it into forward too fast and running into the dock. I gotta tighten that up that throttle. Amazingly, there was zero damage done to the boat. I was able to leave and maneuver this barge/bridge maze without incident, but I bet no one recorded that part.

Sunday-Took wife of out to eat for her birthday and met up some friends, then later ended up at Saltwater Cowboy for a few drinks. After that we went to the Southern for a few more drinks, then walked home. Fell asleep listening to wife play her mando with our big dumb golden lying on top of me.

Only a 6/10 because of possible pending public humiliation on the internets, but good to hang with friends and chill

Wife was playing her mando?

Apr 15, 2019, 9:40 AM

I think I get this euphemism.

Re: 1/10.....Noles Suck......'Nuff Said

Apr 15, 2019, 9:30 AM

We have to get off of our sorry offensive a*ss (19 Ks in one game is unsat) if we expect to make a move and be able to host. And.....if you don't think the other teams in the ACC aren't watching tapes of the FSU series and how to pitch to us.....I'll give you one of 7spots used six packs. Mangey Monday morning rant over.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 1/10.....Noles Suck......'Nuff Said

Apr 15, 2019, 9:35 AM

I can only respect how dedicated you are to Clemson baseball. Its quite amazing.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

UofM Spring game or Tiger Baseball? I'll opt for the latter

Apr 15, 2019, 11:00 AM

So go my priorities.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

From what I heard, we can't hit change ups.

Apr 15, 2019, 10:14 AM [ in reply to Re: 1/10.....Noles Suck......'Nuff Said ]

I think I could get one strike out that way.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If every pitch is slow...

Apr 15, 2019, 10:20 AM

It’s not really a change up.

I can go slow and slower. It will work, for one batter,

Apr 15, 2019, 10:57 AM

eventually.

Pretty good

Apr 15, 2019, 9:41 AM

What was supposed to be a couple of hour boat ride turned into an all day event Saturday. Pretty much rode around the entire lake. Wife unsurprisingly continued napping on the sofa. The only people I've ever seen sleep as much as her were in the last phases of dying.

Got rekt by pollen yesterday, I guess it was the wind. Even had it not been storming terribly, I wouldn't have been able to go outside. It's still killing me too, I've got a mild hangover with a full fledged allergy attack going on....miserable.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

finally laid my Mom to rest

Apr 15, 2019, 10:00 AM

In great scheduling foresight, I did my colonoscopy on Friday. That meant nothing to eat on Thursday, drinking that crappy stuff Thursday night and early Friday morning and getting minimal sleep. Friday morning exam went great. Doc says no driving/drinking/or signing contracts that day. Well, I did 2 of those things without serious issues. Got up to Greer and hung out with my Dad, friends of my parents and family. Got back to Clemson with part of my family and hung out awhile and drank.

Got up early on Saturday to a beautiful day. Following my Mom's wishes, we had a funeral mass. My oldest sister did an incredible job with the eulogy. The ceremony was moving and all of the family, Mom's friends, cousins from my Mom's side, my friends who knew my Mom were all were there. After a reception at the church, we next went to another church to intern her ashes. After that the party was on.

Got to my house with Publix deli platters and the place was packed. Lots of drinking and eating. Talked to my cousins who I haven't seen in over a decade. Lots of toasts to my Mom who loved her beer. It was a great time. Sometime later in the day, we walked the dogs to the d i k e and saw Cle Ferrel, Austin Bryant, and some other Tiger running up and down the d i k e hill. Spent the rest of the day drinking. Got 5 pizzas from Todaro for the stragglers and the pizza was excellent. My niece wanted to "kick" the keg, no pigs. She tried but she got kicked to the bed instead. I finally passed out in a hammock that I have hanging in the house. Wasn't that bad but I was drunk.

Got up to walk the dogs, clean the house, survive the storm, and watch Tiger win it all. Sister and family staying in Clemson at an Airbnb lost power and they spent the day and night at my house instead. Went back to GA and played with the dogs outside and eventually passed out.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Sorry to hear about your Mom....

Apr 15, 2019, 12:12 PM

A very tough loss.

Not bad, but not epic either.

Apr 15, 2019, 10:21 AM

Friday, checked in on RH Mom after work, home to walk the pup, quick supper and a few beers and TV. Not even sure what I watched...basically went into zombie mode from a long week of putting out fires at work.

Saturday, chores inside the house because we had a rains that would have wowed Noah. Ended up having to go out in it and clear a drain beside the house and sweep water away from the house because it literally got knee deep in the corer by the laundry room steps. Ran some errands once the rain stopped and rode around to look at some of the carnage and flooding...it was something I've not seen around Rock Hill before. Last stop of the day was at the music store to play a Fender JP hybrid bass and I might very well have to have it. Went home and ate Reuben sammiches, then headed over for a late start jam. Home by 1 and crashed.

Sunday, got up and basically watched the Masters from 9 to Tiger. Once Tiger sank the last putt, went to check on RH Mom, then grocery store, back home and made a big salad, then into the BIg Chair to watch the Duane Allman documentary Song Of The South on Amazon Prime...HIGHLY RECOMMEND, then crashed.

Not a Tiger fan or hater, but the Masters was fun to watch Sunday. I didn't really keep up with baseball other than the final disgusting scores so I won't knock off too many points for that. Let's say the weekend was somewhere in the neighborhood of 9-3 with a Gator Bowl bid.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is what I'm considering, for those interested...

Apr 15, 2019, 10:42 AM

Fender J/P bass...it's a used model in excellent condition and plays great. It's a hybrid Fender Precision body & headstock with the Geddy Lee spec Fender Jazz bass neck, and has the Geezer Butler spec Precision pickup and a standard Jazz pickup. Sounds great blended, although the Jazz pickup is fairly low gain. Has a sweet low action, and of course, that delicious vintage Seafoam Green finish. The J/P basses are a normal part of the Fender line but these were actually created as a special one-off for Guitar Center stores. The price is right, and it has excellent low end tone. I'm not sure if I want to buy it outright, or work a trade with my Rickenbacker. The Rick is a sweet playing bass, but really heavy and the tone is a little too punchy for the kind of blues rock that our band does.

I thought you were a 6 string player?***

Apr 15, 2019, 10:52 AM

Started on the bass, then made the switch and played

Apr 15, 2019, 10:58 AM

rhythm guitar and sang in the band for many years, then finally switched back to bass when our longtime bass player was no longer available. I still have guitars, but I get far more work as a bass player.

Not bad....

Apr 15, 2019, 12:03 PM

Friday got the lawnmower fixed. Didn't cost a thing. Never had to take it off the trailer. Grilled cube steak burgers (thought it was hamburger).
Saturday cut the front and back yard. Did more yard work.
Sunday went and saw a old friend. Watched Tiger win Masters. Ate chicken and tater salad.
Today feeling blessed I don't have any friends or relatives that I know of shooting up.

Pretty f'in busy

Apr 15, 2019, 12:22 PM

Friday I worked until about 11PM. Overtime af UDP getting paid hourly but that ot though.

Saturday I worked in the morning until about 11AM scoupin up more ot. Left the house at 1130 headed to Chimney Rock to be a backup shooter for a wedding. Got home about 1030 that night.

Sunday slept in late, lunch at parents to celebrate dad's 62nd bday the home to drop a sheet ton of money on some new equipment for my photog gig. Watch GoT, rewatch GoT and go to bed.

Pretty decent

Apr 15, 2019, 1:40 PM

null

Message was edited by: Tiggity®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You didn't fall in did you?***

Apr 15, 2019, 1:48 PM

No. But that guy almost did

Apr 16, 2019, 10:40 AM

He jumped a 12 foot deep crack to stand on that rock. He almost fell. Then just to his left about 3 feet is a 2000 ft drop-off.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

pawsome and crappy all within a few hours

Apr 15, 2019, 2:08 PM

9.3. Wood dew again

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

First pic I thot looked like you was turkey hunting

Apr 15, 2019, 2:10 PM

2nd pic thought, looks like you got a turkey.

I loaded the pics backwards.

Apr 15, 2019, 2:18 PM

Turkey first. Stuck on the way out. Culvert washed out. I knew it was bad going in but huntin’ so didn’t care. Then Fran of drove through it with JK on 37’s which ruined it for me. Speed didn’t help. Popped winch line. Had to get tractor. Pouring rain. Storms. Good times.

Makin mammories

Apr 15, 2019, 2:24 PM

I pulled a U-haul out of a ditch on Saturday.

/CSB

Re: Makin mammories

Apr 15, 2019, 2:30 PM

Yep. Got of the truck and sunk up to my thighs.

Lol on the uhaul.

better than last weekend . 11 days post surgery***

Apr 15, 2019, 2:12 PM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Had a pretty nice weekend lined up, it ended up dumb AF

Apr 15, 2019, 4:09 PM

Parents were coming into town Thursday thru lunchtime today....usually a good time, heavy on food & drink.

Wednesday night, I started feeling a little 'off', starting to get headache (figured it was from the incessant 'allergy cough' I'd had for previous 2 days), and had a 101.5° fever (couldn't tell you the last time I got sick sick...haven't even had a respectable cold in 2+ years)

Thursday, still holding steady at 101.5°, raging headache mad worse by empty coughs, called out of work (was only ghana work a 1/2 day anyway) and just chilled (feeling 'ok') and watched all of The Santa Clarita Diet on Netflix while 2 tiny Latina ladies cleaned my house, until my parents arrived around 5:30. Ran out to check out LilGUAR#1's dance class, and then came home. Turns out my parents have been doing the Keto diet for the past month, which really limits their food (& drink) options....so, we had a few G&T's...light dinner, tho.

Friday, woke up with, yep, you guessed it, cough, headache & a 101.5° fever. Decided it was time to go to the doc. No real diagnosis, but got a Z-pack Rx. Went and got that and was home by 11am. Then slept, on & off, for the next 24 hours. At one point, when I moved from the couch to the bed mid afternoon of Fri, my temp was >104°. I was loopy AF, too, when i'd wake up. SheGUAR wanted me to go to ER. F that S, I ain't a lil bitch. Called the doc instead, he basically said stop being a little bitch and go back to sleep. So I did.... Got up around 11pm, after my parents had gone to bed, and had some quick soup for 'dinner'....temp was back down to a 'normal' 101-102°, but headache still kickin SKRONG. No prob going back to sleep

Saturday, got up mid-morning (temp more in the 99.5-100 range all day, still horrible headache), rejoined the fam, and ate a big breakfast...That helped the headache tremendously. Even went to LilGUAR#2's scokker game & picked up Poke-bowl lunch on the way home. Almost shid my pants on the last leg thanks to the antibiotics, but I made it. I suspect that's not over yet, either. Didn't do much else besides watch Clemson beisbol (jeezus) and Masters w/ DadGUAR, grilled some pork tenderloins later on...up late watching UFC

Sunday, fever gone, headache still kickin' til after big breakfast of eggs & advil...watched Tiger win, took dad to get his Cabela's fix, then watched Tigers lose (again). Grilled cheeseburgers for dinner, up late watching GOT & debating whether to finish taxes or file an extension (leaning towards the latter, I think....doubt I'll finish tonight)

Monday, again, nuisance headache when I got up, but went away quickly. Cough is still there, but not as bad/uncontrollable...parents left around 12:30, and I'm back at work

TLDR - Parents visited, but me being sick.as.a.dog and them doing the keto thang really tempered our behavior and habits, and made for an extremely mundane several of days

pigs of 2 tiny Latina ladies?

Apr 15, 2019, 4:22 PM

tanks

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

i did not use 'attractive' as a descriptor for a reason.

Apr 15, 2019, 4:27 PM

so, no.

Need clean towel?

Apr 15, 2019, 4:26 PM [ in reply to Had a pretty nice weekend lined up, it ended up dumb AF ]

Friday got a contract on our condo

Apr 15, 2019, 8:42 PM

a smidge over asking so we're pumped about that. We also found out that the house we're buying didn't appraise so that was super lame and we're figuring that out.

Saturday did some general maintenance to fix some things around the condo before inspections this week then watched masters and didn't do a whole lot.

Sunday, church and then more maintenance around the house while watching the end of the Masters.

Today, started a new job and did a lot of paperwork that goes along with that.

ROH

I’m thankful you still find the occasional moment to step foot in here.

Apr 15, 2019, 8:44 PM

Remember the “Mega Thread”. Never forget!

Replies: 63
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic