Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Predict baseball record
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1,935

Predict baseball record

Mar 20, 2019, 5:37 PM

Right now we are sitting at 15-5 which is pretty good and about excepted. We beat UNC but lost to ND .
So going 4-2 through the first 6 ACC games is about right.
We will have to go 25-11 to get to that magical 40 wins in the regular season, which would assure a host.
Of the remaining schedule we have 12 games vs teams that will no doubt be ranked.
We also have Duke, GT and WF that could be ranked but are good teams.
That’s 21 games left vs good teams .
We are about half way through the season what kind of record you think we end up with.
I mean it’s just for fun and something to do.
I say 37-19 and win a couple in the ACCT to give us a host.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Predict baseball record

Mar 20, 2019, 5:39 PM

I think we will hover around the 38 win mark give or take 2 wins, so that gives the ability to definitely hit that 40 mark. Excited to see this team play in the post season

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 20, 2019, 6:01 PM

40-16 seems about right to me

Mar 20, 2019, 6:09 PM

It’s very possible, this team is young and 56 games is a grind. The good thing tho they are getting the needed experience a post season run will take .
I believe Crawford will end up being our go to guy as the season goes on. The young pitchers are doing great , just hope those arms hold up.

Mar 20, 2019, 6:09 PM

34-22,15-15 in conference. Still no true Friday night stopper and unable to do the little things like get down a sacrifice bunt that cost us Sunday's game. We are also much weaker defensively in the infield this year. Missing Chris Williams' defense at first id huge and Byrd is subpar at first or third. Neither freshman is good at first defensively either. Carson Spiers is a great kid and a true warrior but he does not possess closer stuff. Hope we win the remainder of our games because I ama huge fan and season ticket holder,just telling it like I see it. On the positive side,Teodosio is a great centerfielder and has made huge strides offensively. Hall is solid and can play anywhere. Davidson is really good but Byrd and Wilkie would be good hitters in 5 and 6 holes. Not their fault but they would not be hitting 3 and 4 on good teams. Flame away.

Mar 20, 2019, 6:15 PM

Mostly what you say is true but we have better young depth this year and lots of games for them to grow. I believe for sure we win enough to make the tournament . We will see about hosting , our schedule is pretty hard the rest of the way.

Mar 25, 2019, 10:05 AM [ in reply to Re: Predict baseball record ]

I think Spiers is solid and he has big game experience. His make up is built for it. I don't know who else you think would be better for that role?

Read Josh Hiatt's 20/80 scouting report. He is a change up freak and although they say he touches 90-2, i watched him and he lives high 80s and everything moves.

Mar 26, 2019, 10:16 AM [ in reply to Re: Predict baseball record ]

Smells like coot

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 20, 2019, 8:26 PM

I see us gettin to that 38-40 Mark but honestly I would be fine if this team doesn’t host ... I know most will disagree and call me whatever but I think this team when it really counts plays tight at home , I mean the last couple years have not been good in the regional and yes pretty questionable pairings but I would like to see this team go on the road as not the favorite I think the outcome would be better , just my opinion

Message was edited by: OneClemson2010

51-5.***

Mar 20, 2019, 9:51 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: 51-5.***

Mar 25, 2019, 2:04 PM

Like the optimism, Judge. I'll go with 41-15.

Mar 25, 2019, 10:45 PM

This is tough. This team could win anywhere from 35 games to 40 which is a huge difference actually.
It’s game to game with this bunch. When we score 3 runs will the pitching be rock solid and still give us a W or give up 1 too many runs to lose? It’s all about how the team complements each other? Ramrod pointed out fundamental issues that are being addressed. Jordan Greene for example is close to losing his job as a senior if he keeps swinging for the fences. If one of these freshmen outfielders starts producing then he better watch out. Coach will put them in LF and Hall at 2nd

Mar 26, 2019, 10:06 AM

36 - 20 or 38 - 18. Hopefully, they get hot and have the arms at the tournament and post season

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 26, 2019, 11:41 AM

Don’t know about the final record.....what I do know is we are Omaha bound......write it down ........ Go Tigers!!!!!

Replies: 13
| visibility 1,935
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic