Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Pot heads dropping and early entrants not going first round,
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1,924

Pot heads dropping and early entrants not going first round,

Apr 29, 2016, 7:30 AM

sorry to say it, I'm happy. Hope Dabo uses it for teaching.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree 1000000%.

Apr 29, 2016, 7:41 AM

Unless you are guaranteed first round, are a RB or have had injury problems, don't leave early.

Snowflake Basher........Out

Why?

Apr 29, 2016, 7:57 AM

The 2nd rounders get signing bonuses from 1 to over 2 million. Dodd and Alexander will also get contracts worth close to 10 million. Moreover, they will be one year closer to their free agent contract where they will make 10's of millions more. Either way, they will have enough money 4 years from now to retire and never work again. Also, Cardale Jones cost himself probably 40 million dollars by going back to Ohio State.

The first round was loaded wih early entrants..

Apr 29, 2016, 7:50 AM

80% of the first round were early entrants. Only a few guys that went in the first round were seniors.

Only ONE Clemson early entrant was drafed in the 1st round.

Apr 29, 2016, 7:57 AM

Maybe I didn't explain it well enough, was only talking about Clemson early entrants.

Close to half of all early entrants go undrafted.

They were projected to go first or early 2nd...

Apr 29, 2016, 7:58 AM

Early 2nd will make around 10 million dollars. They made the right call for them. If they went 3rd round or something then you would be on to something.

that's false***

Apr 29, 2016, 10:08 AM [ in reply to Only ONE Clemson early entrant was drafed in the 1st round. ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't bring up facts when a poster is hating on Clemson players***

Apr 29, 2016, 10:09 AM [ in reply to The first round was loaded wih early entrants.. ]

I don't blame players for leaving early if they have a...

Apr 29, 2016, 8:27 AM

projection where they can make some serious money. You never know what can happen with another year in college. I know there are insurance policies but I think you have to make the jump to the NFL when you know you can make money. They can always come back to Clemson and finish up their degrees.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Class of 2008
Go Tigers!

Re: Pot heads dropping and early entrants not going first round,

Apr 29, 2016, 8:42 AM

Glad you're happy about that. It's always nice to rejoice in the misfortunes of others so long as you can feel morally superior.

Tearing your ACL prior to the draft is misfortune.

Apr 29, 2016, 8:49 AM

Smoking pot with a gas mask bong, recording it on your phone, then not having sense to delete it when there are millions of dollars at stake... that's something different.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: Tearing your ACL prior to the draft is misfortune.

Apr 29, 2016, 9:55 AM

That's fine and all. "Misfortune" was probably a poor word choice - the player's actions obviously had an impact on their falling in the draft given the current landscape of how people think about "smoking pot with a gas mask bong". But that's the problem.

I haven't been fed propoganda regarding pot since about 5th grade and have done my own research on the matter since, so I have very little incentive to support the attitudes that drive the self-fulfilling prophecy that the OP describes.

Re: Pot heads dropping and early entrants not going first round,

Apr 29, 2016, 9:36 AM

You're happy that some of our players didn't go in the first round?

How can you be happy about the misfortune of CLEMSON Men??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Hopefully Watson took notes and will be here for 2017

Apr 29, 2016, 9:59 AM

Hehehehe

Tunsil was dropping before that even came out...

Apr 29, 2016, 10:12 AM

and he was still drafted in the top 15. A lot of teams moved him down on their board because he had never played a full season at Ole Miss. Funny how they don't mention the injury issues of SEC players. Also, one team scout or exec stated that it pot use was such an issue then they would have to clear off half there draft board

Replies: 14
| visibility 1,924
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic