Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Guide on being a Clemson fan
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 71
| visibility 1

Guide on being a Clemson fan

Aug 20, 2018, 11:31 AM

After moving into Clemson territory a few years ago I have finally decided to become a fan. My fandom is not something I take lightly and wanted to know from you all how to properly be a Clemson supporter. I'm going to start by getting the media guide then i want to hear from the board.

Give me a guide on how to be a Clemson fan from your perspective. Who do we hate(USC)? Who do we tolerate? Are their radio/tv guys we like and some we don't like? I'm new to the ACC and need any inside info i can get. What are the unwritten rules of the board? Give me anything and everything that i need.

Thanks for your help for this new fan.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Welcome!

Aug 20, 2018, 11:35 AM

Couple of things:

Tiger paws must be oriented in the 1:00 position.
Wear the correct color orange, not just any orange will do.
Fridays especially, are for wearing Clemson gear. Preferably in an office environment with SC fans.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This information would be useful for...

Aug 20, 2018, 11:39 AM

cutigerbob® too.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: This information would be useful for...

Aug 20, 2018, 11:45 AM

Be real good at hating.

Being a Clemson fan is easy. There is a lot to like about our Tigers. Be sure and attend this first game sept 1 and you will be hooked!

Join IPTAY and support the athletic programs

Re: This information would be useful for...

Aug 20, 2018, 11:54 AM [ in reply to This information would be useful for... ]

good luck finding her, she went for a pack of smokes back in May and has not been back since.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Do you want to go by Stanley or Corny?***

Aug 20, 2018, 11:41 AM

Re: Do you want to go by Stanley or Corny?***

Aug 20, 2018, 11:42 AM

I don't even know how to choose.

Just flip a coin.

Aug 20, 2018, 11:52 AM

HTH

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Lets go with Stanley***

Aug 20, 2018, 11:58 AM [ in reply to Do you want to go by Stanley or Corny?*** ]

Let's give Newbie the benefit of the doubt and call him Corny

Aug 20, 2018, 1:59 PM [ in reply to Do you want to go by Stanley or Corny?*** ]

At least Corny has a small amount of smarts. Stanley, ehhh, not so much.

I have a suggestion for you tigerlun - go to the Lounge. Post like you just made generally go over better there, and the crowd is much more helpful there.

Message was edited by: gville76

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

Re: Let's give Newbie the benefit of the doubt and call him Corny

Aug 21, 2018, 12:12 PM

thanks for the tip

Re: Guide on being a Clemson fan

Love the color orange, support the tigers no matter what, and live for fall Saturdays. Also, do EVERYTHING you can to share your love of the tigers and the southern hospitality with everyone you know. I have so many friends from opposing fan bases who absolutely love going to Clemson for a game. This is a very important part. And the most important, the gamecocks are always the enemy, no matter what. You'll eventually naturally be annoyed by them.

I grew up outside of Philadelphia, so I definitely was not a Clemson fan until I arrived on campus for a visit to decide where to go to school during my senior year of high school. It didn't take long to just get it. My first game was labor day against FSU in 2007. Blood turned orange right away, haven't looked back since. I'm fanatical enough I turned my dad into a fan, convinced my sister to join me at Clemson, convinced my husband's sister to transfer there, turned his entire family into fans as well.

Welcome to the family!

- Pray to Perry Noble every day for success
- Make a big stink on the message boards when players announce their high school in the TV broadcast introductions rather than Clemson
- Relentlessly berate fast food workers under the presumption that they attended USuCk

Aug 20, 2018, 11:43 AM

Please Please Please make sure you put the tiger paw facing a 1:00 o'clock position.

We can't stand coots (aka the shamecocks)

We show people southern hospitality when they come to death valley. We dont make the game personal to opposing fan bases.

shamecocks

Aug 20, 2018, 11:47 AM

coots, USuCk, they make it to easy.

Aug 20, 2018, 9:02 PM [ in reply to Re: Guide on being a Clemson fan ]

Heck, I even showed hospitality to some coots my last trip to WB. Came back to put things in my car after tailgating elsewhere before the game and I found that the flock of young coots tailgating next to my car had plenty of beer and liquor, but no food. I felt the chances of my car being in the same condition after the game as I left it weren't too good, so I struck up a conversation and made some introductions. I asked them if they had anything to eat, which I already knew the answer was no, so I set them up before heading to the stadium. All was good with my car upon returning, but my new buddies were already gone.

First of all welcome. Second of all A/S/L?

Aug 20, 2018, 11:48 AM

Three rules to being a Clemson fan:

1. No fat shaming. Ever. Any weight can be a healthy weight.
2. Sexuality is fluid and we should never use sexually-specific pronouns. Xe, them, they us, or zhe are the commonly used, non-offneseive pronouns these days. Remember, rape isn't always a physical thing!!!
3. They're called "stands" for a reason.

badge-ringofhonor-clemsonsteve02.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 20, 2018, 11:50 AM

Have you ever been to a Clemson sporting event? If not, as soon as you go to a game and be part of the entire experience- tailgate etc then as the lady from Pennsylvania post, you’ll be hooked.

As for posting, if you have an unpopular opinion, you’ll hear about it. Just ignore it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I went to the ACC championship game vs UNC

Aug 20, 2018, 11:53 AM

I came away very impressed with Clemson. I have been following ever since but finally decided to become a true fan.

Join Tiger Illustrated.

Aug 20, 2018, 11:53 AM

This board is full of numskulls, trolls, perverts, and closeted coot fans.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

* gnumbskulls***

Aug 20, 2018, 11:56 AM

badge-ringofhonor-clemsonsteve02.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^pervert^^^***

Aug 20, 2018, 11:59 AM

That's "prevert". git it rite***

Aug 20, 2018, 1:53 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Join Tiger Illustrated.

Aug 20, 2018, 3:30 PM [ in reply to Join Tiger Illustrated. ]

I resemble that remark.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Join Tiger Illustrated.

Aug 20, 2018, 7:29 PM [ in reply to Join Tiger Illustrated. ]

TI is full of the same bs.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Re: Let me clarify one point for you....USC is the real USC

we don't have a beef with Southern Cal.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Re: Let me clarify one point for you....USC is the real USC

Aug 20, 2018, 11:57 AM

Agreed. I thought it was weird writing that.

Also add Swoffy to the hate list.

When we win ACC Championships, we boo him unmercifully... and IT FEELS SOOOO RIGHT!!!

Welcome to the craziness.

~JKB

Re: Also add Swoffy to the hate list.

Aug 20, 2018, 12:05 PM

I don't even know who Swoffy is.

John Swofford is ACC Commissioner...

Aug 20, 2018, 12:26 PM

...with very close ties to UNC, so there is a serious conflict of interest.

When Clemson was put on probation by the NCAA in the 80's, Swofford was the UNC AD and did his best to make a bad situation worse for Clemson. If you want to know more, start a new thread entitled "Why do we hate Swoffy?"

Message was edited by: Tiger1983®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks this is the type of stuff i need***

Aug 20, 2018, 12:28 PM

Let's go ahead and establish the most important ground rule.

Aug 20, 2018, 11:57 AM

It sounds like you didn't attend and graduate from Clemson University.

That's ok, and in the grand scheme of things not a huge deal, but it does mean that you, unfortunately, can't be a REAL FAN of Clemson sports teams. You're actually a SUPPORTER at best.

I don't want to get bogged down in semantics, but it's important we speak the same lingo.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You are exactly right

Aug 20, 2018, 11:59 AM

But if i send 2 of my kids there or give them money does that count?

Re: You are exactly right

Aug 20, 2018, 12:00 PM

For them? Absolutely.

Aug 20, 2018, 12:00 PM [ in reply to You are exactly right ]

They would certainly be REAL FANS.

Also, they're not supposed to, but they may even teach you the secret handshake.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 20, 2018, 11:58 AM

1. You need to buy season tickets and attend as many home games or away games a short drive away.

2. See if any on the board members will invite you to their tailgate. Visit a few and pick the one you best fit in.

3. If you like this board and are using it a lot then join.

The rest will happen as you talk and make friends.

Also it would do you well to attend the Georgia Southern game so you can experience the only defeat that the Tigers will suffer in the 2018 season. Got to handle the bad with the good.... ;)

Aug 20, 2018, 12:18 PM

Whats your prediction with this game? You said loss???

Please don't feed the trolls

Aug 20, 2018, 12:33 PM

Thx

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Re: Please don't feed the trolls

Aug 20, 2018, 4:10 PM

David78® said:

Thx

Re: Please don't feed the trolls

So you are starving right now, right Dave.

Aug 20, 2018, 1:07 PM [ in reply to Re: Guide on being a Clemson fan ]

Whats your prediction with this game? You said loss???

GSU will take the lead late in the 4th and hold on. GSU by 3

First action you will need to take is to quickly post

Aug 20, 2018, 12:05 PM

noodz of your wife/GF.

Second, take a pig from the waistedown of yourself so we can know how BIG a fan you really are. Make sure to not put any fake filters on the pig, we can tell. Also, avoid lighting that is deceptive and enhances you.

Only alumni can be real fans, and purple is for pansies

Aug 20, 2018, 12:08 PM

nm, also Germans.

Before proceeding - please explain tigerlun in 50 words or

Aug 20, 2018, 12:34 PM

less.

Waiting.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Tiger for obvious reasons

Aug 20, 2018, 12:49 PM

My middle name in Chinese is Lun.

Aug 20, 2018, 12:35 PM

Are you looking to become a full on tiger fan of all sports? If not are you just interested in football? What sports are you interested in folllwing

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

All sports football is just now***

Aug 20, 2018, 12:51 PM

Re: All sports football is just now***

Aug 20, 2018, 1:39 PM

Great welcome to the family! Hope to talk some tiger baseball with you this coming spring!

oh boy....***

Aug 20, 2018, 3:40 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 20, 2018, 12:38 PM

Welcome to the board and a desire to be a Clemson Fan. The initial step is extremely important and that occurs on Sept. 1, 2018 when the Tigers host the Furman Paladins. Arrive early and leisurely stroll through the parking lots. Stop and chat with the fans and let them know you are a "newbee" and want to become a true Tiger fan. If they don't offer you an opportunity to sample their fare, they are not truly Tiger fans, so hop on over to another tailgate.

Watch the children playing and sporting their Tiger togs. Oops!!!! Forgot to warn you. Be sure you are wearing Tiger gear. That's a must. Check out all the Tiger gear you will encounter, that helps define how rabid are some of our Tiger fans. Notice that Clemson fans include all family members, from small babies to some like me (approaching 97). Once you begin to feel like you are having fun and really want to be a Tiger fan, a strange thing happens, --- your blood begins to turn orange. Don't let this scare you, it's a sign of happiness.

When the final whistle blows, don't be the first to rush to your car and speed home. Watch the fans go on the field and do likewise, you can interact with the players and meet the young men that Dabo and staff have brought into the fold.

During the game when there is a touchdown or field goal, don't be bashful, high five those near you and if you have played your cards right, may even get a hug from a beautiful lady. If you don't know the yells, just holler with all your gusto.

After fighting the traffic and finally getting home, if you are tired and beat to a frazzle but still as happy as a lark, you can rest assured you are definitely becoming a real Tiger Fan.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Do not, under any circumstances

Aug 20, 2018, 12:42 PM

Woo hoo

woo hoo to that***

Aug 20, 2018, 12:44 PM

Re: Do not, under any circumstances

Aug 20, 2018, 2:48 PM [ in reply to Do not, under any circumstances ]

I had to read all the way to the bottom of Page 3 to make sure somebody is trying to stomp out this “tradition”. Thanks

Aug 20, 2018, 12:48 PM

Stay focused. Those guys with the helmets and pads, they're the PLAYERS. They work really hard year round and are placed under unbelievable scrutiny in order to play college football at the highest level. Those guys with the clip boards and headphones are COACHES. The are held to the highest standard, work long hours and can be fired if they don't perform. Look around you, those other people with you, in the stands, they are the FANS. Their job is to support their team, not just when they win but when they lose as well. That means cheering enthusiastically for your team when they do well and groaning in sympathetic misery when they don't. It means you spend most of the game standing and you never leave until the game is over no matter who we're playing or what the score might be. It means remembering all the fans before you who did all of these things for teams that had losing records or celebrated wins over Virginia or Wake Forest. Those fans you yelled encouragement with all their hearts for undersized linebackers, clumsy, slow linemen and QBs that couldn't hit a open receiver in stride on their best day. Some of those fans are still in the stands and they remember days where "our boys" may have lost but they put up a good fight and upheld the honor of the coaches and players that came before them. Being a fan means being proud of your school and wanting others to love it like you do and that means treating other teams fans as our guests... unless of course, they're total jerks and then the obligation is lifted.

You wouldn't want to be a fan of a team that had lousy coaches or players that cringed in contact and waved their arms as a ball carrier ran by and you wouldn't want to have or be a lousy fan. So if you're going to be a fan, be a good one. Be worthy of Clemson. Go Tigers.

Anytime there is a Tiger's loss, regardless of sport,

Aug 20, 2018, 12:50 PM

we need a "Fire [insert coach name here]" thread.

The ONLY thing in this world you are allowed to hate

Aug 20, 2018, 12:52 PM

more than the coots/SCar is Satan.

You will learn to hate NCSU almost as much as SCar.

Even though you are not an alumni, read this, experience a full game day at Death Valley and you will understand -
https://alumni.clemson.edu/something-in-these-hills/

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Good read***

Aug 21, 2018, 12:14 PM

We despise gamecocks and fsu and we pull for our school

Aug 20, 2018, 2:00 PM

not our conference.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Educate yourself

Aug 20, 2018, 2:09 PM

Every Clemson man should be fully educated, articulate, and capable of rebutting an uneducated USuCk fan!

Read up and enjoy the ride.

Clemson may not be the team for you

Aug 20, 2018, 3:02 PM

If you are into snorting coke in the stands or having relations behind a dumpster in the parking lot...or if you don't care about winning

If those things are for you, then your school is 125 miles down the road.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 20, 2018, 3:22 PM

1. Paw always points at 1:00. This goes for any decal, magnet, etc you add to your car.
2. Colors are Clemson Orange, Regalia Purple, and White....not Tennessee Orange, so make sure you get the proper color in clothes.
3. You are always 110%. Not 90, not 80, not 100...110. Comes from Frank Howard...you don't lay a hand on his rock unless you give 110%.
4. Tailgate before the games....you meet a bunch of nice families, eat a bunch of good food, and hane fun. You are selling yourself short if you go to the game and not tailgate.
5. Bar check out musts: Esso Club, Tiger Town Tavern, TTT's, Nick's Tavern
6. We hate the following: Gamecocks, Tarheels, Wolfpack (mainly due to Doeren), and Seminoles.
7. Brush up on the Clemson/Gamecock football history. They like to act like this is their state, but they are the little step child once removed you wanted to adopt out to another family (I can't say little brother):
http://www.winsipedia.com/clemson/vs/south-carolina
8. See 7 again, you'll hear from them in South Carolina more than you think for a team that has a 25 year defeicit.
9. A "coot" is a flightless black bird with a red eye...has trouble feeding it's young. This term is the nickname for Gamecocks. They like to call Clemson fans "taters" due to the agriculture history of the school.
10. Clemson alma mater song...sung at every home game:
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwibj4Haq_zcAhXNk1kKHUdfBuMQyCkwAHoECAgQBQ&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D4VW0w23B96U&usg=AOvVaw3gPcsLN5Y1Kj52uYbjSCxk
11. Tiger Rag.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqGGf1_MC6Y
12. A Clemson man needs no introduction!

This is what i need. thanks***

Aug 21, 2018, 12:14 PM

Growing up in Cootlumbia....if you

Aug 20, 2018, 3:37 PM

Spend as much time as you can in Clemson you'll quickly learn, No other experience compares.
All else will care for itself. Coot fans will take care of the birth and cultivation of hate for you, they are truly despicable, or embarrassing....depends on if they are family or not.

Aug 20, 2018, 3:42 PM

Get your tickets for the ACC Title game in Charlotte. A relatively new Clemson tradition, the Tigers play in the annual ACC Championship Game each year on the first weekend in December. They are then crowned ACC Champs immediately following the game. See you there!

And then promptly boo

Aug 20, 2018, 6:48 PM

Swoffy

Aug 20, 2018, 4:16 PM

Do not disrespect any women/girls, cuz they could possibly be someone's daughter.

Aug 20, 2018, 4:53 PM

Will....is that you?

The most important part of Fandom around here

Aug 20, 2018, 7:00 PM

How do you feel about making the noise called, "woo hoo".

a short list to get you started:

Aug 20, 2018, 7:27 PM

1. Wait patiently for Geno's Mom as you stand by your or Mackey's computer

2. Go to a USC tailgate and cross dress with Trooper Del or Manafold

3. Order a PBR at 7:30 am at Sloan St. Tap Room and shotgun the entire thing while INSIDE the restroom and breathing in as deeply as possible

4. Commit to take a tour of UGA's campus and then don't show up and blame "car trouble"

5. PIGS of Katie will supersede 1-4

Re: a short list to get you started:

Aug 20, 2018, 9:45 PM

Here's a reminder for all. This is one of her more tame takes

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

Post a photo of a correctly positioned Tiger Paw

Aug 20, 2018, 9:52 PM

on your vehicle by sundown tomorrow. Await further instructions.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 20, 2018, 10:44 PM

Clemson is a family. We introduce ourselves to new people in our section. We greet each other like old friends when we meet up at Chick Fil A's on the way to bowl games.

As others mentioned, Southern hospitality is a must. We are friendly and helpful to opponents when they arrive on campus, and always wish them a safe trip home. We do not forget how we were brought up, no matter how the other guys are acting.

We are loyal even when things aren't looking too good. We stay through the fourth quarter even if we are down, because we believe in our guys. (Sometimes the most amazing things happen in the last 6 seconds of the game!)

We figure out quickly whose advice is good (always Mr. Joe).

We keep our sense of humor and we remember The Fun is in The Winning!

Don't #### off The RAG.***

Aug 21, 2018, 12:23 PM

null

Replies: 71
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic