Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Politics Ban
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

Politics Ban

Jan 22, 2019, 7:56 AM

This board used to be great. It no longer is. I used to be able to come here and enjoy news, information, and chatter about my beloved university sports. Unfortunately, being allowed to unnecessarily rant on about politics and social issues has caused it to not be fun anymore. The majority of this board leans conservative, which is ok, and to be expected based on the demographic, but in no way does it represent all Clemson alum, and different points of view are ok. Both sides are more interested in insulting or shouting down opposition just because they disagree whether its about Trump, Hillary, Kaepernick, or race. Your "pulse" is even affected, not because of the quality of your content, but whether or not someone is aligned with you politically. There are plenty of other boards to discuss politics. Sports message boards can't be trusted to do so responsibly.

Someone just started a thread entitled "Deal with it". I click on it thinking I am going to enjoy a nice funny thread about the Gamecocks only to find out its about a member here throwing Trump in your face. What was your intent? Everyone already knows he's the President. Can we please encourage the site leadership to ban politics, social issues, and race. I am sure everyone here are great people. Don't let internet anonymity turn you into the offensive representation of someone you are not.

Message was edited by: dogunwo

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Politics Ban

Jan 22, 2019, 8:02 AM

If all politics are banned on both sides that would be great. But everyone understands when a liberal throws shade there is going to be a response and the same for conservatives. Maybe not a permanent ban but something temporary like 3-6 months. This may be something you want to tmail Bmeister about

Message was edited by: jeancooper®

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Jan 22, 2019, 8:09 AM

Pretty ironic that someone could post enough political posts that people don't agree with which brings down their pulse, and then every Clemson related post they make is met with "tell em coot" due to the low pulse.

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/Politics--Religion-97

Jan 22, 2019, 8:10 AM

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/Politics--Religion-97

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"something in these hills..." -joe sherman

Wrong bored***

Jan 22, 2019, 8:10 AM

Jan 22, 2019, 8:11 AM

Welcome to the off season

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 22, 2019, 8:12 AM

Agree it's a problem on the football board, which it seems most everybody just automatically post under. However, there is a P&R board where those type of posts should be.

I can't read his mind, but maybe he did that because when

Jan 22, 2019, 8:18 AM

a another good Clemson fan made a post about what time the team would be meeting at the White House to be celebrated by the President, he was thumbed down simply because he noted the team would be meeting the president. I guess he thinks those TD'ers should learn to "deal with it?"

If you click on the T in the upper right corner of your

Jan 22, 2019, 8:21 AM

screen, you can send a direct message to Crump® and include your grievances in the body of the message. It usually works fairly well --- better than publishing your complaints for the public to consume.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 22, 2019, 8:53 AM

Theres a board for dat...the thread starters should get a warning first offense and then suspended

People will respond so focus on the thread starters not the replies

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 22, 2019, 8:56 AM

It is a great board . I enjoy the heck out of it .
Don't read what you don't like or don't listen to what you have no interest in hearing .
These are great times to be a Clemson Tiger , don't get all wrapped up in other people's imagined problems .

Message was edited by: Tigerdug23®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jan 22, 2019, 9:14 AM

Agreed the politics on this board ruins the board. There are days that I just stay away or go to alternate sites.

PSA

Jan 22, 2019, 9:18 AM

that little purple triangle up in the top right corner of any post just needs five posters to click on it and the post will disappear.

FYI, you can just leave anytime you please cause I've already hit the little purple triangle on your post for posting something pertaining to politics.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 22, 2019, 9:25 AM

You have 81 posts in 2 and a half years. You are not a very active member. If you don't like the way the board has turned out be more active and make posts on topics that you enjoy.

Jan 22, 2019, 9:27 AM

This bored is awesome! You have to bob and weave with it. Be of good humor, thick skin, exceptional wit and accurate sports information, just like me.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“This board used to be great, now it’s not”

Jan 22, 2019, 9:35 AM

So would it be safe to assume that you agree with the “Make Tnet great again” crowd and can’t you see how this translates to America in general? Asking for a friend......

PS how does someone who joined in 2016, has 86 TU’s and a 50% or lower pulse reminisce about the good ole days and complain about the current state of affairs like they are a T-Net Founding member?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: “This board used to be great, now it’s not”

Jan 22, 2019, 9:54 AM

So would it be safe to assume that you agree with the “Make Tnet great again” crowd and can’t you see how this translates to America in general? Asking for a friend......

PS how does someone who joined in 2016, has 86 TU’s and a 50% or lower pulse reminisce about the good ole days and complain about the current state of affairs like they are a T-Net Founding member?

Not that I owe you an explanation, but here goes one anyway. I read and lurked for a while before I decided to join. Half of the enjoyment of message boards is reading others thoughts, not always posting. Its interesting that you attack my credibility to comment rather than what I posted about. I apologize if I offended you. We are all Clemson fans, and majority of us are alumni, so let's just focus on our teams.

Jan 22, 2019, 10:07 AM

Be the change you wish to see.

Jan 22, 2019, 10:18 AM [ in reply to Re: “This board used to be great, now it’s not” ]

You didn’t offend me, I enjoy this bored and reading people’s poast,

But to borrow a semi-famous coaches line “you are what your record says you are”. I don’t imagine you got a low pulse praising Dabo or Clemson

Message was edited by: InletTiger15

Message was edited by: InletTiger15

Jan 22, 2019, 9:43 AM

Maybe we should all just TAKE A KNEE. Oh wait...

Jan 22, 2019, 10:18 AM

Here's the thing...the conservatives (incl me) will disagree 1000% that "both" sides are shouting down one another.

If you are a conservative and have what I call a typical life, turning on the TV to mainstream channels, you see what it is like living in the liberal echo chamber. Example after example, the mainstream media simply lies outright about facts. Nothing, except weather and sports scores, are to be trusted. I personally have disowned mainstream media although my wife can watch it without it ruining her day unlike me.

Take the catholic kid wearing the MAGA hat two days ago. Multiple mainstream outlets simply lied and made up facts that were not true. I watched the effing video. I listed to the pathetic GMA hosts espousing their disgust over what was really nothing - they lied to millions of viewers (and it happens every stinking day). In fact, all of us should be proud the kid didn't do anything stupid like punch the drum beater in the face.

I have not noticed too much politics on the Football board TBH. This is by far the most I have ever posted here...

BTW: I bet all the liberals cannot stand Dabo's faith statements and those of many of the players. I believe sports should be devoid of politics, but the libs can't resist bringing them together. I will not be surprised when liberals go after Clemson because of Dabo's views. It will not be pretty, and it will happen sooner or later.

Jan 22, 2019, 10:25 AM

Whoever TD’ed you should be ashamed. If I could get any wish on Tnet is that when you TD someone the person at least knows who it was like a TU.

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic