Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Shots fired
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 39
| visibility 1

Shots fired

Mar 28, 2019, 8:52 AM

<###### async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8">

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Congressman Kennedy was near tears on CNN

Mar 28, 2019, 9:01 AM

this morning.....

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh, is this one of those things where liberals simultaneously act like high-minded champions of

Mar 28, 2019, 9:25 AM

the special olympians while simultaneously using “being a special Olympian” as a tool for mocking a political opponent?

null

Political correctness is so disgusting.

Mar 28, 2019, 9:35 AM

It's so ironic and hypocritical to me that so many of those who see themselves as progressives and "liberals" are often so insultingly patronizing to minorities or anyone in the "victim class," yet because they assume their intentions are good, they slip up and say prejudiced, insulting, offensive sh*t just as often as anyone else. As long as you are left-leaning it's ok, because your political association with the blue team proves you mean well. But you are, by default, at least kind-of racist if you are on the right or associate with republicans.

So many double-standards that prevent any real curing of racial tension. One side NEEDS it to exist in perpetuity for leverage. And so much white guilt hooks well-meaning people into playing ball.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My favorite is “I was raised to treat the janitor the same

Mar 28, 2019, 9:49 AM

as the CEO.”

I see that occasionally on social media. The fact is that anyone posting that is effectively saying “Janitors are the lowest people in the organization, in my opinion, and I’m really nice to them. Aren’t I great?” Really pathetic.

And yes, I agree. It’s comical how obsessed the left is with race...defining how we are different, segmenting people, creating unique rules for different groups, assessing people’s actions differently depending on their race. But the right is full of racist bigots.

null

But it’s weird that on this board conservatives post

Mar 28, 2019, 10:38 AM

waaay more about race in the form of downtrodden white people.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Where?***

Mar 28, 2019, 10:41 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

xtigger posts more about race than anyone, re:

Mar 28, 2019, 12:01 PM

double standard.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

so thats one, maybe.

Mar 28, 2019, 1:30 PM

Not exactly a plurality, is it?

But he’s done it about 54678912342 times.***

Mar 28, 2019, 2:12 PM

He's just following the current populist wave***

Mar 28, 2019, 2:09 PM [ in reply to xtigger posts more about race than anyone, re: ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe on here, but this is a small sample size.

Mar 28, 2019, 2:17 PM [ in reply to xtigger posts more about race than anyone, re: ]

If you look at social media... then you will see a very different distribution.

This is the only social media I do.***

Mar 28, 2019, 3:34 PM

I hate social media. But there is no other way to find

Mar 29, 2019, 2:14 PM

out what's going on. Mainstream media is nearly completely worthless. Twitter helps me filter most of the "social" out of the media.

Facebook is an absolute disaster though. Would not touch with 10 foot pole.

That's fundamentally untrue. Look at Twitter.

Mar 28, 2019, 11:10 AM [ in reply to But it’s weird that on this board conservatives post ]

There is a massive army of people on the progressive left who take EVERY story and make it about race. Like, that's their whole purpose.

Conservatives genuinely want racial tension to go away already. Conservatives want everyone to hurry up and have all people treated equally so they stop have to hearing about it all the time. Democrats want to continue to talk about all the new forms of hidden racism to remind people that republicans are still racist.

If you did a poll on a conservative population that asked "Do you want blacks to be treated COMPLETELY socially, politically and legally equal to whites? And as a result all people would shut up about race." The results would be like 99% "Yes."

Just saying there are many downtrodden whites on

Mar 28, 2019, 12:00 PM

the P&R complaining about double standard.

The whole "downtrodden" thing is a strawman.

Mar 28, 2019, 12:59 PM

Recognizing a double standard being counterproductive does not equate to claiming victimhood status.

The downtrodden obsession is very clearly on ONE side of this discussion.

Downtrodden is used for comic effect only.***

Mar 28, 2019, 1:22 PM

Comic relief can be an effective straw-man.

Mar 28, 2019, 1:24 PM

This is why the Daily Show was so influential. People could all tell themselves "it's just a comedy, it isn't real" yet it was massively politically influential. in ways that, I believe, most people didn't fully realize.

You said "many", but can only make an example of 1***

Mar 28, 2019, 1:31 PM [ in reply to Just saying there are many downtrodden whites on ]

Can you cite any evidence for this statement?

Mar 28, 2019, 3:48 PM [ in reply to That's fundamentally untrue. Look at Twitter. ]

"Conservatives genuinely want racial tension to go away already. Conservatives want everyone to hurry up and have all people treated equally so they stop have to hearing about it all the time. Democrats want to continue to talk about all the new forms of hidden racism to remind people that republicans are still racist."

Just an absurd statement that is clearly based solely on your opinion.

On the point you're trying to make with your poll question; 1.) Dem/Lib/Progressives would answer the same 2.) What do you think would be the result if you asked, "Are minorities treated socially, politically, and legally equal to whites right now?

There is no reliable evidence for this topic one way or the

Mar 29, 2019, 2:22 PM

other.

It's all anecdotal or small sample sizes, or incomplete information.

My opinion is based on my interpretation of history, my personal experience and my own ideological bias. I am aware of that.

To answer your questions

1) Yes they would answer the same, but the political manipulators do not want it. It is very clearly important for democrats to keep the perception of never-ending racism and injustice alive and well.

2) I believe that racial advantages exist for blacks and whites and they likely even out. I believe, finally at this point in our history, that racism from white people (which obviously still exists and always will) is less harmful to minorities than political manipulation, political correctness and socially acceptable double-standards. I believe that the narrative from the left on racism is intentionally inaccurate.

Thank you for your honesty

Mar 29, 2019, 3:04 PM

In saying there is no evidence for what you're saying and that it just comes from your own ideological biases. Obviously, since my own ideological biases appear to be opposite yours, we disagree on this issue.

One quick question though:

"important for democrats to keep the perception of never-ending racism and injustice alive and well."

"racism from white people (which obviously still exists and always will)

Do these seem like they conflict to you?

I wouldn't say there is no evidence. Just not enough for us

Mar 29, 2019, 3:09 PM

to deduce an obvious answer. This is a matter that we have to decide which seems most likely based on what we know/understand.

"important for democrats to keep the perception of never-ending racism and injustice alive and well."

"racism from white people (which obviously still exists and always will)

Do these seem like they conflict to you?

Based on those two isolated snippets, yes that would appear inconsistent. But my view is not inconsistent. My view is that racism is not longer to the point of being a major social impact when compared to dozens of other factors. Democrats want to keep race artificially at the top.

It's a matter we decide based on what we THINK we know

Mar 29, 2019, 3:21 PM

or understand.

If you're weighing dozens of other factors versus just one issue, then it seems to me that would indicate the seriousness of that one issue.

That applies to literally everything.

Mar 29, 2019, 3:23 PM

And I am trying to place your last sentence in this thread, and I am not sure what you are doing.

I'm trying my best to understand your position

Mar 29, 2019, 3:35 PM

and the logic behind it.

Still now? I told you what I thought. And I told you why

Mar 29, 2019, 3:54 PM

I thought it. Well, generally. What else do you want to know exactly? If you have a specific question, I will give you an answer.

I'd want to know why you think racism has no major impact...

Mar 29, 2019, 4:11 PM

or rather, when compared to dozens of other issues its impact is felt less (or why you think racism doesn't impact these 'dozens of other issues').

But I guess you did answer that by saying, "It's all anecdotal or small sample sizes, or incomplete information.

My opinion is based on my interpretation of history, my personal experience and my own ideological bias."

I guess I'd need a much more in-depth reason of how you came to your ideological biases to fully understand how you came to your conclusion about racism, and that's an unfair question to ask because 1.) it's way too deep of a discussion jumping point and 2.) you may not even really know why you believe as you do (true for all of us).

So don't worry about it.

Yeah it's complicated. It's not like math.

Mar 31, 2019, 2:08 PM

Long story short... people in our society are living in a fantasy world, far removed from reality. And in this extreme version of mass delusion, people do not behave "naturally." This causes an underlying depression. Our values are out of synch with nature, and we are foolishly lunging for all sorts of ways to mitigate or compensate for our underlying depression. People need self-worth, and it is hard for our way of life in 2019 to provide most people with enough opportunities for genuine self-worth. One way to very quickly inflate a feeling of self-worth is to have other people care about you. One way to get strangers to care about you is if they see you as a victim. Due to our political culture, victimhood also carries with it political utility. So it is a powerful marriage that most are not aware of.

People want to feel special and/or "better" than someone else. And half of the political establishment wants to aggrandize this as much as possible for its practical political benefits.

The same basic element of human nature that makes racism so prevalent, also makes victimhood so attractive. Different versions to get to the same goal. Both are just as harmful to actual social equality, and at this point victim culture is more prevalent than racism. In the 60's and before, that was obviously not the case. Racism was the problem.

Re: Amen***

Mar 28, 2019, 12:05 PM [ in reply to My favorite is “I was raised to treat the janitor the same ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The two aren't mutually exclusive***

Mar 28, 2019, 10:40 AM [ in reply to Oh, is this one of those things where liberals simultaneously act like high-minded champions of ]

why is it the federal governments job to fund sp. Olympics?***

Mar 28, 2019, 10:25 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-conservativealex.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

why is it their job to do anything?***

Mar 28, 2019, 10:41 AM

well the Constitution sets out certain

Mar 28, 2019, 1:23 PM

enumerated powers such as to create and fund the post office, the patent office, and the copyright office... nothing in there about special Olympics

badge-donor-05yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-conservativealex.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Where were you when they set up the Federal Reserve?!***

Mar 28, 2019, 2:15 PM

Or, more specifically, the Dept. of Ed.***

Mar 28, 2019, 2:09 PM [ in reply to why is it the federal governments job to fund sp. Olympics?*** ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

but but but...the children***

Mar 28, 2019, 2:25 PM

...and firemen and puppies.***

Mar 31, 2019, 3:17 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's not.***

Mar 28, 2019, 3:51 PM [ in reply to why is it the federal governments job to fund sp. Olympics?*** ]

GO TIGERS!!

Replies: 39
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic