Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Travon Walker. Hate to say it but all signs point
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 43
| visibility 1

Travon Walker. Hate to say it but all signs point

Jul 23, 2018, 5:50 PM

to him being a Dawg. If we were his choice I would think he would be planning on attending this weekend’s Cook Out.

Georgia is definitely racking up recruiting wise but our consultation is they have to beat Alabama for the SEC Championship. I know the rest of the nation is getting tired of Clemson/Alabama matchups, but not as much as they are of two teams from the same conference playing for the national championship. Saben did a brilliant PR job getting them in the final four last year but I would be real surprised if we see two teams from the same conference in the final four again.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Travon Walker. Hate to say it but all signs point

Jul 23, 2018, 6:21 PM

LOL not me, I wouldn't be surprised at all to see 4 SEC teams in the playoffs. I would be totally pissses, but not at all surprised!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree allorange an all SEC CFP would please

Jul 23, 2018, 8:15 PM

ESPN without question.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 23, 2018, 6:46 PM

I wouldn't be at all surprised. Bama and UGA are fast becoming the two best teams in college football. Clemson, and maybe a few others, can compete. But, those two teams are going to be hard to beat for a long time.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 23, 2018, 7:09 PM

Clemson, Bama, Georgia, and Ohio State for sure. I am not sure who else to put in there.

Jul 23, 2018, 8:23 PM [ in reply to Re: Travon Walker. Hate to say it but all signs point ]

It’s is fast becoming lol nice try

Jul 23, 2018, 8:26 PM [ in reply to Re: Travon Walker. Hate to say it but all signs point ]

ugh is fast becoming lol nice try

Jul 23, 2018, 9:53 PM [ in reply to Re: Travon Walker. Hate to say it but all signs point ]

So will we Tinker. So will we...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

so many people want to crown UGA on here

Jul 23, 2018, 10:32 PM [ in reply to Re: Travon Walker. Hate to say it but all signs point ]

We will see if they can sustain success the way Alabama and Clemson have over the last 5 years.

There is a lot that can go wrong for them. Their defense got gashed pretty good by every decent offensive team they played last year.

Go ahead and crown them as a dynasty guys. Heck they had 1 good year.

Re: so many people want to crown UGA on here

Jul 24, 2018, 11:38 AM

No Doubt man. They had a great seSinlast year, but I need to see a lot more before entering them in the top 4-5 programs in the country. Without those two great backs they had last year, Oklahoma would have run them out of the building (which they did for the first half). They didn’t sniff the NCG without those two.

That said, they have the momentum. Definitely can get it done, I just need to see them do it.

Re: so many people want to crown UGA on here

Jul 24, 2018, 9:29 PM [ in reply to so many people want to crown UGA on here ]

We will see if they can sustain success the way Alabama and Clemson have over the last 5 years.

There is a lot that can go wrong for them. Their defense got gashed pretty good by every decent offensive team they played last year.

Go ahead and crown them as a dynasty guys. Heck they had 1 good year.

Sigh..... Where's Denny Green when you need him :(

R.I.P.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Little early to be saying that about UGA. Let's...

Jul 24, 2018, 6:18 PM [ in reply to Re: Travon Walker. Hate to say it but all signs point ]

see if they can do it over a few years first.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 23, 2018, 6:56 PM

They still may be a 1 loss team quite often though even if they lose to Bama. They're getting so stacked.

The dawgs rivals site help setup his announcement, so yeah

Jul 23, 2018, 7:06 PM

He’s a dawg. When hasn’t UGA recruited well? Go back and look at UGA’s recruiting under MR, they were constantly in the top 5. Georgia High Schools turn out more talent every than any states, but California, Texas, and Florida, and Georgia only has two D1 school and one doesn’t even try. Georgia would have to not try to finish outside the top 5, but they haven’t won a national Title since 1980, so I’m not worried.

Re: The dawgs rivals site help setup his announcement, so yeah

Jul 23, 2018, 7:12 PM

They're taking it to a new level, plus they have better coaching. They will probably get a couple national titles over the next 10 years.

Jul 23, 2018, 8:21 PM

Yeah they are taking it to a new level. MR brought in good talent but rarely beat us on a defensive player... especially DT u which we are. Quite sure they’re selling that last year can be the norm. They really only have one good team to play and that’s bama in the championship. So they can sell they don’t even have to win a championship.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Really? Please name one DT from Georgia that UGA offered

Jul 23, 2018, 8:58 PM

That we got in the last 10 years? Name more than 1 DE during the same period? Georgia hasn’t taken it too a new level they’ve always recruited well just look at the QB’s MR brought in and the RB’s. We’ve only beaten them for 1 LB and DB from Georgia in the same period.

Re: Really? Please name one DT from Georgia that UGA offered

Jul 24, 2018, 8:17 AM

rhettm said:

That we got in the last 10 years? Name more than 1 DE during the same period? Georgia hasn’t taken it too a new level they’ve always recruited well just look at the QB’s MR brought in and the RB’s. We’ve only beaten them for 1 LB and DB from Georgia in the same period.

You're mistaken.....Kirby is recruiting @ an elite level.....CMR never got there. After landing the No. 1 recruiting class in 2018, compiled of eight five-star prospects, the Bulldogs now have 14 total prospects that are five-star prospects. One came from a transfer in Demetris Robertson, but 12 of the 13 others were landed in Smart's three classes in Athens.

The scary part of this is that out of the 14, only one of them is a senior while three others are draft-eligible. If Robertson does not gain immediate eligibility for the 2018 season, 11 will certainly be back in 2019 with the possibility of Hardman and Nauta returning also. So the 14 number could increase depending on the class of 2019, where Georgia already has two five-stars committed with Nolan Smith and Jadon Haselwood.

But it is not only five-stars that Smart has brought to Georgia. The former Alabama defensive coordinator has brought in blue chip prospect after blue chip prospect.

Thery have 28 total players on the Bulldogs roster who were former Rivals100 prospects. That 's 33 percent of the roster.

Only five of the above players will be seniors or draft eligible, so nine will return in 2019 for sure, and that number will likely be 10 unless Michail Carter has a huge year.

So out of the 28 total players from the Rivals100, 19 will definitely return in 2019, with the possibility that 23 could return. We are @ reload status now.

FIFY...

Jul 24, 2018, 12:25 PM

You're mistaken.....Kirby is recruiting @ an elite level.....CMR never got there. After landing the No. 1 recruiting class in 2018, compiled of eight five-star prospects, the Bulldogs now have 0 National Championships since 1981, the beginning of the modern football era.

The scary part of this is that last season was our best shot at winning and we blew it.

But it is not only 0 National Championships that Smart has brought to Georgia. The former Alabama defensive coordinator has brought in 0 victories against Alabama too.

Thery have 28 total players on the Bulldogs roster who were former Rivals100 prospects. That 's 33 percent of the roster, and yet 0 percent of them, or any player on our team, has ever won a National Championship.

Only five of the above players will be seniors or draft eligible, so nine will return in 2019 for sure, so... expect more of the same in 2018.

So out of the 28 total players from the Rivals100, 19 will definitely return in 2019, with the possibility that 23 could return. We are @ reload status now, and we need lots of reloading, b/c we apparently can't hit the National Championship target.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Did they get a

Jul 24, 2018, 12:33 PM

consultation prize?

Make it idjit proof and someone will make a better idjit.

Re: FIFY...

Jul 24, 2018, 1:52 PM [ in reply to FIFY... ]

You're mistaken.....Kirby is recruiting @ an elite level.....CMR never got there. After landing the No. 1 recruiting class in 2018, compiled of eight five-star prospects, the Bulldogs now have 0 National Championships since 1981, the beginning of the modern football era.

The scary part of this is that last season was our best shot at winning and we blew it.

But it is not only 0 National Championships that Smart has brought to Georgia. The former Alabama defensive coordinator has brought in 0 victories against Alabama too.

Thery have 28 total players on the Bulldogs roster who were former Rivals100 prospects. That 's 33 percent of the roster, and yet 0 percent of them, or any player on our team, has ever won a National Championship.

Only five of the above players will be seniors or draft eligible, so nine will return in 2019 for sure, so... expect more of the same in 2018.

So out of the 28 total players from the Rivals100, 19 will definitely return in 2019, with the possibility that 23 could return. We are @ reload status now, and we need lots of reloading, b/c we apparently can't hit the National Championship target.

LOL! Remind me where Dabo played post season in his 2nd year as HC.....now go get your shine box!

Exactly. Smart’s trajectory is more similar to Larry Coker’s

Jul 24, 2018, 2:37 PM

than Dabo’s. Except Larry Coker actually won with the talent he inherited.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

FM... Your post had me in stitches!!!!!***

Jul 24, 2018, 9:32 PM [ in reply to FIFY... ]

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Really? Please name one DT from Georgia that UGA offered

Aug 17, 2018, 3:09 PM [ in reply to Re: Really? Please name one DT from Georgia that UGA offered ]

UGA has been at reload status for the past 10 years, so with all that reloading, how many NCG's won with the reloads? Honestly NONE!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 24, 2018, 7:21 PM [ in reply to Re: The dawgs rivals site help setup his announcement, so yeah ]

They are killing us and schooling Dabo on recruiting.

Aug 17, 2018, 3:30 PM

You need to #### with the "us" business, being a coot gives you very few "we" and "us" posts privileges.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just so you know

Jul 23, 2018, 7:20 PM [ in reply to The dawgs rivals site help setup his announcement, so yeah ]

Georgia Southern is a Division 1 school, but not in a Power 5 conference.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Jul 23, 2018, 7:37 PM [ in reply to The dawgs rivals site help setup his announcement, so yeah ]

Come on. You're a little worried.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 23, 2018, 8:12 PM

AFDAWG said:

Come on. You're a little worried.

Why don’t you go screw yourself and get the hell off tnet. I really can’t wait to laugh when the coots kick ur but.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 23, 2018, 9:02 PM [ in reply to Re: The dawgs rivals site help setup his announcement, so yeah ]

Not at all, Athens is just too much of a distraction for most players and it’s been for years.

Jul 23, 2018, 10:40 PM [ in reply to Re: The dawgs rivals site help setup his announcement, so yeah ]

Dawgs should be worried. You guys don't have a clue how to play with a target on your back. Remember auburn last year?

The SEC east won't be weak as puppy #### forever. You guys were battling it out with the chickens last year. Better hurry up and get back to the playoff before Kirby Kirbys you guys onto probation.

Jul 23, 2018, 8:30 PM [ in reply to The dawgs rivals site help setup his announcement, so yeah ]

rhettm said:

When hasn’t UGA recruited well? Go back and look at UGA’s recruiting under MR, they were constantly in the top 5.

In 15 years at UGA, Richt signed two classes ranked in the top 5 (according to 24/7). That was 2009, ranked 4, and 2006 ranked 3. None of his other classes were ranked in the top 5. Some were in the top 10, but none were top 5.

So far in two full recruiting cycles, Kirby has signed the #3 and the #1 class, with this year looking to be top 5 as well. Comparing Kirby's recruiting to Richt's, it's not even close.

Jul 23, 2018, 8:51 PM

One thing about MR is he was a good person and played by the rules. Ks is a lying snake in the grass that I feel over time will be borne out. Yeah might get a championship but will fade quickly. Take ur little arshole coach and go back to ur kennel instead of hanging out on a winners site.

LOL! A little testy there?

Jul 23, 2018, 10:23 PM

Much hate I sense from you.
I neither brought up UGA or started the thread.
You guys say you don’t want us here, yet you talk about us all the time and UGA threads are among the biggest on the board.
Obsess much? LOL.

heel boy!! Other sites do the same to when Clemson fans

Jul 24, 2018, 2:33 PM

visit their site. Now, good luck on the season and have a nice day. Hopefully, we'll play you all in the Play-offs.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not quite

Jul 24, 2018, 5:42 PM

Dawg sites very rarely talk about Clemson. The ones I visit have a grand total of zero threads started about Clemson going back about 5 pages. Nada. We talk about recruiting, transfers - like Robertson and Hayes, Gurley's new contract, British Open leaderboard, Wimbledon Semi-Finals, road trip advice, etc. Nothing about Clemson. On here, you guys bring up Georgia all the time. Some of the longest threads on the board are about UGA. You just don't see that on UGA boards.

Re: Not quite

Aug 18, 2018, 4:22 PM

B Y E

Jul 24, 2018, 2:05 AM [ in reply to Re: The dawgs rivals site help setup his announcement, so yeah ]

..oh, so you mean that Kirby might be another Vince Dooley reincarnated? I can understand that - perfectly. (and please, don't even get me started...)

Go Tigers!!!

Ughey almost always has a stellar recruiting class, but up

Jul 23, 2018, 8:28 PM

until last year, really under performed.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 23, 2018, 9:57 PM

Lol 66. That's pretty good.
It's also TRUE!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 23, 2018, 10:22 PM

I don't know why you'd be surprised. 2 were in there last year and I haven't heard anyone on the committee saying it was a mistake. They would do the exact same thing this year. If Bama wins, they might definitely pick UGA and vice versa if it were to happen.

Jul 24, 2018, 8:08 AM

Ratings were up last year. The hard truth is our playoff games were watched less than any. They will absolutely put 2 sec teams in again

Please share the ratings data.***

Jul 24, 2018, 11:44 AM

Re: Travon Walker. Hate to say it but all signs point***

Jul 24, 2018, 12:14 PM [ in reply to Re: Travon Walker. Hate to say it but all signs point ]

Replies: 43
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic