Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Please remember to be hospitable and respectful to TAMU fans
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 38
| visibility 1

Please remember to be hospitable and respectful to TAMU fans

Sep 3, 2019, 10:27 AM

this weekend, as long as they freely admit:

1) Real BBQ comes from a pig, not a cow
2) Cheerleaders are meant to be women, not men
3) They stole their most prized "tradition" from the Seattle Seahawks
4) Jimbo is the dewshiest of all dewshes
5) The SEC is severely overrated

If they are willing to admit all of those things, then welcome them to your tailgate and offer them one of your cheapest beers (honestly those freaks probably only drink White Claws anyway). If they are not willing to admit to all 5, then they can take their stupid, uneducated, major football program wannabe, inbred, ridiculous midnight yell practicing shyatt and ugly women back to the One Star State. I say good riddance to those morans. They're gonna be all lugubrious in Austin after the Tigers stomp a mudhole in 'em.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Please remember to be hospitable and respectful to TAMU fans

Sep 3, 2019, 10:32 AM

Now now, Texas does have some good looking women

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes, Texas does. TAMU does not.

Sep 3, 2019, 10:34 AM

Basically, the University of Texas is superior to TAMU in every way...especially in the quality of their wimmenz

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

I Don't Know About That....Living in Texas There Are a Ton

Sep 3, 2019, 10:42 AM

of Really weird wimmens at UT. The Aggie gals will give them a run for their $$

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

more variety at UT though

Sep 3, 2019, 10:56 AM

Sure A&M has the pretty Texas belle types a plenty, but that's all they have

UT has many of those types as well but also has the grunge/hippie/bad make your momma sad type, if you are into that of course.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If this is truly how you want to respond, then it would be

Sep 3, 2019, 10:59 AM [ in reply to I Don't Know About That....Living in Texas There Are a Ton ]

best for you to keep moving and skip my threads from now on. Nobody likes a buzzkill.

Re: Yes, Texas does. TAMU does not.

Sep 3, 2019, 10:42 AM [ in reply to Yes, Texas does. TAMU does not. ]

Well to be fair I only have one type of woman I like, naked! Other than that I’m not too picky

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If bored rules did not prohibit it, I would bet there are

Sep 3, 2019, 10:46 AM

some who would post pictures that would make you retract that statement! :)

Translation: All whales are not in the ocean.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw bored rules

Sep 3, 2019, 4:07 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TIGER BALLS.

At TAMU guys jump on the grenade to let their buddies

Sep 3, 2019, 4:53 PM

hook up with someone like that

I still remember the name of a

Sep 3, 2019, 10:52 AM [ in reply to Yes, Texas does. TAMU does not. ]

Texas cheerleader that I met at the NY World's Fair on my high school's senior trip in the summer of '64. Why she was there wearing her cheerleader uniform escapes me but she obviously made a lasting impression.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was there too in '64, after my high

Sep 3, 2019, 11:04 AM

school graduation. My mother and I drove there .... lots of fun, but I'm sorry I missed the Texas cheerleaders. Started Clemson that fall, 4 1/2 years there, and into the Marines and off to Viet Nam on Christmas day 1969. The rest, they say, is history!

Our "senior" trip was actually made the summer

Sep 3, 2019, 11:31 AM

before our senior year so I finished HS in '65 and enrolled in Clemson in the Fall. Left for Viet Nam in Feb. of '70 so we were in both places much of the same years. Where were you in Nam?

Re: I still remember the name of a

Sep 3, 2019, 3:54 PM [ in reply to I still remember the name of a ]

That was the best World's Fair ever!!

in the same way the scar is superior to Clemson?

Sep 3, 2019, 4:57 PM [ in reply to Yes, Texas does. TAMU does not. ]

Clemson is far and way more similar to TAMU in everything from culture, the traditions, military history, urban vs rural, academic degree focus, etc and it ain’t close. So if you are claiming tu is superior then you are by corollary saying you prefer the atmosphere of cooterville. If so I guess that is your prerogative.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hmmm, reading betwixt the lines, sounds like maybe,

Sep 3, 2019, 10:44 AM

possibly, deep down in your heart of hearts, you don't really want any of them to join you at your tailgate. From what I have read and heard, they seem like very nice people, for opposing teams football fans.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Absolutely not, I do want to welcome them to my tailgate

Sep 3, 2019, 10:58 AM

and offer them the finest selection (by their standards) of adult beverages. I just need them to come to grips with reality first.

Sep 3, 2019, 10:45 AM

12th man at Texas AM has been a tradition way before Seahawks existed.
The other pints are valid.

Sep 3, 2019, 10:56 AM

Anybody who uses an "aggie" as a mascot has lot

Sep 3, 2019, 10:46 AM

their marbles.

Re: Anybody who uses an "aggie" as a mascot has lot

Sep 3, 2019, 12:33 PM

Mascot is a dog, Reveille IX.

No, their mascot is that stupid cow named Bevo***

Sep 3, 2019, 4:25 PM

And, real football fans do not have to....

Sep 3, 2019, 10:48 AM

...practice "how to cheer" before every game. You'd think they'd remember how to cheer having done it a time or two.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Only problem with those rules

Sep 3, 2019, 10:49 AM

is that Texas BBQ is better than Carolina BBQ in every way. I never liked BBQ much growing up here, then when I lived in Texas for a couple of years I loved it and wanted to have it all the time.

Now that I am back here and someone is like "lets go to the smoking Pig!" im just like ehh

Blasphemy***

Sep 3, 2019, 10:50 AM

Stop doing drugs***

Sep 3, 2019, 10:55 AM [ in reply to Only problem with those rules ]

Re: Only problem with those rules

Sep 3, 2019, 11:03 AM [ in reply to Only problem with those rules ]

do you have a bbq recipe you can share so we can compare and contrast the two?

Message was edited by: MyfavOrange®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Quite possibly the most untrue thing I have read in my

Sep 3, 2019, 1:06 PM [ in reply to Only problem with those rules ]

entire life.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Sep 3, 2019, 11:12 AM

Man, I hate to see posts like this for all the world (especially T&M fans) to see. I fear that they will clump all of us into the general category of fan as exemplified by this post. My sincere hope is that all Clemson fans will show opposition fans great hospitality after they have traveled (sometimes great distances) to support their team. Extending treating visitors good hospitality puts us in a category well above every other fan base and in sync with where Dabo has the program.

Welcome All Ta&m Fans!

Sep 3, 2019, 11:23 AM

99.9% of us at Clemson will welcome you to our tailgate parties, be courteous & good sports outside & inside stadium..

plus Clemson Fans look forward to seeing you, your fine band & team in Death Valley #1 for a super contest between two fine military-tradition universities.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I am literally reminding Clemson fans to be

Sep 3, 2019, 11:25 AM [ in reply to Re: Please remember to be hospitable and respectful to TAMU fans ]

hospitable and respectful to TAMU fans. What part did you not understand?

I think it was the word "if" - that two-letter

Sep 3, 2019, 11:37 AM

word often leads to confusion. Just ask my wife.

Sep 3, 2019, 12:08 PM [ in reply to Re: Please remember to be hospitable and respectful to TAMU fans ]

We were treated so well last year, can’t wait to repay the hospitality. A & M fans are great.

Best fans I've ever encountered.

Sep 3, 2019, 11:25 AM

Second was Wofford, but it was a sorority!!!!

Agree. That's the reason for my post***

Sep 3, 2019, 11:40 AM

Sep 3, 2019, 11:31 AM

I will be respectful and hospitable, no matter what, but their football program doesn't compare to ours, and hiring Jimbo was not a classy move, by any stretch of the imagination. They do have great fans, though (maybe the best I've ever been around outside of Clemson), and they deserve to be treated respectfully. My guess is they will realize soon enough that Jimbo was a poor choice.

Aggie thought after their last trip to Clemson...

Sep 3, 2019, 12:19 PM

If you drop by the aggie board, it's clear MANY of them are really pissed at the loss. I'd guess that if we'd hired the 'Bama ten game winning coach for $2M/Year and seen him go 11-14 we'd be pissed too. As a result of that, many of them label us as mediocre. That's understandable.

Still, we're Clemson and we like ourselves. That lets us treat visiting fans well. I like that about us. Here are 3 C&Ps from the aggie board on how the game experience was at Clemson:

1. “I went with Lance to Clemson...I think he said it all. The gameday atmosphere is very cool. We saw tons of Aggies (including ourselves) who had been invited to join random Clemson fans. The fans were, by far, the nicest I have ever met (outside of CS). The number of rude comments/actions could easily be counted on one hand and I think they were all due to alcohol and school spirit, instead of just being rude. It reminded me alot of being in College Station.

As far as the game itself, the military appreciation was very nicely done. I especially enjoyed the 21 gun salute done at halftime. The Clemson crowd was loud but definitely in a different way than A&M fans are used to. They could get really loud (See: 6 seconds left in the 4th Quarter) and it was very noticeable when they were spelling out "Clemson," but they could also get incredibly quiet, even at important times in the game. Overall though, it seemed like a pretty intimidating place to play.

I must admit that the hill isn't all I expected. I went in hoping that it was going to be as cool as people made it out to be but I guess if you aren't a Clemson fan, it's a bit anticlimactic. I looked down for a second and almost missed it. However, I can understand how it could be very cool if you are a Tiger fan. After the game, we walked across the field and up that hill and I don't see how more guys don't eat it. It's alot steeper than it looks...

Overall, I would say that that is the best away game I have ever been to... If only we could schedule Clemson more...”

2. "The fans were friendly and the sea of orange was intimidating. This was my favorite road trip to date -- Virginia Tech is a distant second"

3. "I just got home from the game and here are my thoughts on Clemson:

1.The campus and surrounding area were very nice. Lots of trees and hills.

2. The stadium was full and orange, but they weren't loud on a Kyle Field level. It took goal line plays for the place to get to its feet and really get cooking. They were a good crowd though.

3. The run down the hill....I just didn't get it, and neither did anyone around me. It must be something where you need to attend the school to appreciate it.

4. The tailgaiting lived up to its hype. You couldn't move without running into another tent. It was spread out a long distance on all sides of the stadium. Impressive.

5. MOST IMPORTANTLY, the Clemson fans showed us the most hospitality of any fans I've ever met. They asked us about our traditions, they pulled us in and offered us food, and they said "Hi" when we got there and "drive home safe" when we left. A lot of students and alumni alike came up to us and shook our hands and told us how great they'd been treated in College Station or that they'd heard about it and that they were glad they were hosting us. The way they all all treated us made the trip worthwhile, despite the outcome."

That's cute, there's a thread on their board right now where

Sep 3, 2019, 12:47 PM

every single person is saying the Aggies are going to "BTHO of Clemson"

They should know better...Dabo is about to hand their angry elf of a coach an asswhuppin.

Re: Aggie thought after their last trip to Clemson...

Sep 3, 2019, 5:20 PM [ in reply to Aggie thought after their last trip to Clemson... ]

Wasn't Clemson second to Seattle Seahawks in decibel level? Either I was miss informed here or Aggie fans are misinformed for sure. It's clear they don't follow the decibel levels if they think their stadium is louder than Death Valley.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 38
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic